Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2019 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

My oom is 638

But still like i said heard nothing back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

AliHH wrote: »
    My oom is 638

But still like i said heard nothing back

I wouldn’t be worried, they only contact you when they have something to tell you. Still no harm in sending them a quick email, I’m part of the 2018 campaign and still waiting, it’s just part of the process

• Registered Users Posts: 22 AD301

I wouldn’t be worried, they only contact you when they have something to tell you. Still no harm in sending them a quick email, I’m part of the 2018 campaign and still waiting, it’s just part of the process

Have you the fitness test done?

AD301 wrote: »
    Have you the fitness test done?

I did my medical and fitness in March 2019, I’ve been waiting for any news since then

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

I applied in 2018. Got the usual response just there.

Dear Applicant,

We acknowledge your email below.

Your file is still undergoing our vetting process. The vetting process is multi-tiered and thorough for each applicant and each file is vetted on an individual basis. Unfortunately we do not currently have a completion date for your file at the moment.

We will be in touch with you in due course.

Kind regards,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 NathanG5060

Any word of the next intake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Crafty_Veteran

Any idea when the fitness tests / medicals will take place? I really thought we would have heard something by now. Is Templemore still closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

I got an email off them yesterday and it just said there was no further update on when the PCTs would to ahead and that they would be in touch in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

Anyone when the next intake is or will there be another one this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

ddylan wrote: »
    Anyone when the next intake is or will there be another one this year?

Wont be another intake this year. The 275 trainee quota has been reached for 2020

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Wont be another intake this year. The 275 trainee quota has been reached for 2020

yet the same question will be asked 3 times a day for the rest of the year:rolleyes::rolleyes: this is a very active forum , if any information is got it will be posted here within minutes of someone receiving the email, or hearing anything, everyone here is as blind as the next person regarding this recruitment and covid situation :cool:
    no more intakes this year, and il be very surprised to see fitness tests and medicals resuming until this 'second wave' departs or diminishes slightly, hopefully it doesnt spike again, iv only recently got GAA and the gym back :pac: unfortunately i can see all being stopped again in the near future,
    id advise anyone hoping for a career in AGS to keep the candle lit till mid 2021 ;)

St. Westy wrote: »
    yet the same question will be asked 3 times a day for the rest of the year:rolleyes::rolleyes: this is a very active forum , if any information is got it will be posted here within minutes of someone receiving the email, or hearing anything, everyone here is as blind as the next person regarding this recruitment and covid situation :cool:
    no more intakes this year, and il be very surprised to see fitness tests and medicals resuming until this 'second wave' departs or diminishes slightly, hopefully it doesnt spike again, iv only recently got GAA and the gym back :pac: unfortunately i can see all being stopped again in the near future,
    id advise anyone hoping for a career in AGS to keep the candle lit till mid 2021 ;)

Westy I'd say you are great fun at parties

Westy I'd say you are great fun at parties

Sure let’s all ask the same question every 5 minutes haha I think it’s called being realistic lad , thanks very much

Sure let’s all ask the same question every 5 minutes haha I think it’s called being realistic lad , thanks very much

Haha only joking. Hopefully Templemore can open soon and we can get our medicals / fitness done & be ready for early 2021. That's the best we can probably hope for at this stage.

Haha only joking. Hopefully Templemore can open soon and we can get our medicals / fitness done & be ready for early 2021. That's the best we can probably hope for at this stage.

your dead right, id be down in the morning if i could :( praying more then anyone we get called,
    last time i was in a thread with you , you were looking for information about the laser eye, iv since had the procedure so if your looking for any info just pm me :D

Can there be anything said for another mass !!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AliHH

What is the me medical is it blood test and urine and eye test and mouth as well??

Thanks

What is the me medical is it blood test and urine and eye test and mouth as well??

Thanks

Urine, hearing, eye test aswell as a general physical. They don’t check mouth and blood or didn’t when I did it

Thanks

Urine, hearing, eye test aswell as a general physical. They don’t check mouth and blood or didn’t when I did it

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I e-mailed Garda Appointments there to ask what stage my vetting was at. The response was that my vetting is "undergoing final checks". Does anyone know what this means ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

GavK wrote: »
    I e-mailed Garda Appointments there to ask what stage my vetting was at. The response was that my vetting is "undergoing final checks". Does anyone know what this means ?

Sounds better than the usual response people get. Seems positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

Hi, just a quick question: is the intake every year 275? And if it is so, why have a new 2020 recruitment when half of us from 2019 is still waiting to join the Gardaí? 🀨

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tamkuj

Hi 2018 campaigner.
    Did you do the physical and medical test?
    Do they have an expiration date so you have to do them over again or once you pass that is it, regardless of the time it passes before you actually join Gardaí?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

275 due to covid just how it worked out. 700 was target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

tamkuj wrote: »
    Hi, just a quick question: is the intake every year 275? And if it is so, why have a new 2020 recruitment when half of us from 2019 is still waiting to join the Gardaí? ��

No the intake is not always 275 per year, the number varies and is dependent on different circumstances, it was originally projected at 700 for this year. Right now, the 275 number we're seeing pop up is in relation to a report the AGS published at the end of May (I think?) and reflects the uncertainty of the current pandemic, or at least that's how I feel. They're also unsure themselves as to whether there will be further intakes this year as this pandemic has tossed the usual training module straight out the window. All we can do is sit and wait to see if they do any more intakes this year.

As for running another campaign while so many of us are still waiting - I'm afraid that's just the way it is. It's always happened that way and I don't see it changing soon ... frustrating, I know. But it's just the way the system is set up to ensure that the candidate pool is there - some people's vetting can take a long time, so by having more than one campaign in the pool, it lets the recruitment/offers/training drive on without having to stop and wait for vetting/background checks that are a bit more tedious ... or at least that's my two cents :)
    tamkuj wrote: »
    Hi 2018 campaigner.
    Did you do the physical and medical test?
    Do they have an expiration date so you have to do them over again or once you pass that is it, regardless of the time it passes before you actually join Gardaí?
    Thanks

The 2018 campaign have completed their PCT (physical/fitness test) and their medicals at this stage as a vast amount of the 2019 campaign have too (I'm 2019 campaign and have all my hurdles completed since January 2020). I sent this question to HRM a few months back and I was told that the PCT does not expire - in their words: a candidate who has passed the PCT will not be required to pass it again until they start their recruit training (ie: you need to pass the PCT again while in Templemore/during your training). As for the medical, the medical validity lasts 12 months. Once 12 months has passed, you will be asked to get a letter signed/stamped from your GP stating that there has been no change in your medical history in the last 12 months, once this is submitted to HRM your medical validity will be extended to 18 months (it buys you an extra 6 months basically), after that you will be required to undergo another medical.

Hey is there anyone from 2018 still waiting on a potential start date ? If so is there any WhatsApp groups or other forums going ? If your waiting can ye private message me or like this comment.

Got a call today to meet the super in my area in 2 weeks time. Suit or casual?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

AD301 wrote: »
    Got a call today to meet the super in my area in 2 weeks time. Suit or casual?

Suit and tie the full works
    treat it the same as the panel interview appearance wise

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangahead16

Congrats
    Do you have your medical and fitness done ???

• Advertisement

Congrats
    Do you have your medical and fitness done ???

No not yet.

Advertisement