Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Looks good. When do you receive the iPad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yeah, the details are a bit light. I'd imagine the 14 day cancellation period would have to pass first..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Just my opinion, but €81 is still a joke to subscribe to a newspaper online in this day and age. There is more quality free content out there than anyone could ever read.

Just my opinion, but €81 is still a joke to subscribe to a newspaper online in this day and age. There is more quality free content out there than anyone could ever read.

Yeah, fair point if you're talking about news in general, and not the features. I detest iPads/iPhones, but still, I'm sure somebody here will see this deal as a great bargain for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I subscribed to the trial recently on my ipad mini :D and enjoy it though its so hard to keep up with the content every day. It's worth it alone for the sunday times paper as that's what 3 quid now? Do find myself reading the guardian aswell at times tho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

sweetie wrote: »
    I subscribed to the trial recently on my ipad mini :D and enjoy it though its so hard to keep up with the content every day. It's worth it alone for the sunday times paper as that's what 3 quid now? Do find myself reading the guardian aswell at times tho...

I thought people only bought papers nowadays for the Aldi vouchers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Seems like a handy way to spread the cost of an iPad out actually, I mean if you're in the market for one and on a relative budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

What's to stop someone from signing up then receiving the iPad then cancelling the DD??? I'm not condoning this I'm just wondering why they'd risk this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Just buy the I pad and forget subscribing

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

So what's the weekly cost then? And is it the actual paper being delivered to your house?

• Advertisement

Is it worth it if your after an iPad?

Is it worth it if your after an iPad?

What's to stop someone from signing up then receiving the iPad then cancelling the DD??? I'm not condoning this I'm just wondering why they'd risk this

You'll still owe them the full 18 month subscription.

pinkstars wrote: »
    So what's the weekly cost then? And is it the actual paper being delivered to your house?

Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

No point you subscribing as it appears you can't read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

iPad Mini 4 is out now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

dubmick wrote: »
    iPad Mini 4 is out now

The iPad mini 3 was actually the exact same on a technical level to the iPad mini 2, the only difference was the colors available and the addition of touch id. So on a technical level its one iteration behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

No point you subscribing as it appears you can't read.

SPITS TEA OUT :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

I can't see terms and conditions on the link .... Does anyone know if you sign up when would you receive the iPad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Thewife wrote: »
    I can't see terms and conditions on the link .... Does anyone know if you sign up when would you receive the iPad?

2 weeks I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

They ship after the 14 day trial and it takes up to 10 business days to arrive, so pay now and get it in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

Niemoj wrote: »
    Seems like a handy way to spread the cost of an iPad out actually, I mean if you're in the market for one and on a relative budget.

The UK Apple store is offering 0% financing over 12 months. Can't find it on the Irish store yet.

dermiestv wrote: »
    The UK Apple store is offering 0% financing over 12 months. Can't find it on the Irish store yet.

That's Paypal offering the credit, not Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

That's Paypal offering the credit, not Apple.

Might be able to justify buying some overpriced apple sh*te as a christmas gift now that I know I can spread it over 12 months.

Thanks/feck ye lads

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ptyloch

Oat23 wrote: »
    Might be able to justify buying some overpriced apple sh*te as a christmas gift now that I know I can spread it over 12 months.

Thanks/feck ye lads

Thought so as well but after checking 1 example I think I'll stay away from this bargain:

Ipad Air 32GB WiFI only - Space Grey - €459 on apple.ie with free delivery
    Ipad Air 32GB WiFi only - Space Grey - £359 on apple.co.uk with free delivery

But the £359 converted to euro is roughly €505 - depending on where you check the currency rate.

Looks like even with the 0% credit you are still paying roughly 10% over the Irish Apple store price.

Might suit someone if they want to spread the cost though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

ptyloch wrote: »
    Thought so as well but after checking 1 example I think I'll stay away from this bargain:

Ipad Air 32GB WiFI only - Space Grey - €459 on apple.ie with free delivery
    Ipad Air 32GB WiFi only - Space Grey - £359 on apple.co.uk with free delivery

But the £359 converted to euro is roughly €505 - depending on where you check the currency rate.

Looks like even with the 0% credit you are still paying roughly 10% over the Irish Apple store price.

Might suit someone if they want to spread the cost though.

Didn't realise the exchange was as bad as it is. Like you said, still not too bad for someone looking to spread the cost.

The new ipad is €939 on the IE store and €968 on the UK one (€80 per month) which isn't bad (the difference in price considering you get to spread it out, not the price of the device itself which is obviously ridiculous).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Does anyone know if you get access to the full UK version of the Times as well as the local Irish content with the subscription?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Signed up for this as I would love to get an iPad Mini for Christmas. Just got the email from them saying that the iPad will be sent to you after the 14 day period and it will take 10 working days for it to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Oat23 wrote: »
    Didn't realise the exchange was as bad as it is. Like you said, still not too bad for someone looking to spread the cost.

The new ipad is €939 on the IE store and €968 on the UK one (€80 per month) which isn't bad (the difference in price considering you get to spread it out, not the price of the device itself which is obviously ridiculous).

I thought the PayPal credit option is only for UK residents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭dermiestv

retweet wrote: »
    I thought the PayPal credit option is only for UK residents?

Curiosity got me so I looked and yes, both the German and French Apple Stores also offer 0% financing options. Probably also in other European countries.

As Apple and Paypal are both based in Ireland, maybe organising an Irish offer in time for Christmas isn't beyond them.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ptyloch

Curiosity got me so I looked and yes, both the German and French Apple Stores also offer 0% financing options. Probably also in other European countries.

As Apple and Paypal are both based in Ireland, maybe organising an Irish offer in time for Christmas isn't beyond them.

Hopefully they'll realize their mistake in time for Christmas :-)

Is it possible to buy from Apple Store Uk online?

Is it possible to buy from Apple Store Uk online?

With an Irish address, no. You can buy in store in UK if you wish but I don't think they would offer 0% financing for non-UK residents.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    With an Irish address, no. You can buy in store in UK if you wish but I don't think they would offer 0% financing for non-UK residents.

Ah cheers thanks. The finance options looked tempting!!!

Signed up for this as I would love to get an iPad Mini for Christmas. Just got the email from them saying that the iPad will be sent to you after the 14 day period and it will take 10 working days for it to arrive.

Would you also make use of the subscription of the Times? I'm half and half on the idea still but would love it in time for Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Argos do buy now pay later if you are looking for finance.
    Pay for the item within 6 months and it's 0% interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Whats stopping people from cancelling the DD after the first month?

XsApollo wrote: »
    Argos do buy now pay later if you are looking for finance.
    Pay for the item within 6 months and it's 0% interest.

Argos here in Ireland?

Would you also make use of the subscription of the Times? I'm half and half on the idea still but would love it in time for Christmas!

I probably would. I do enjoy reading up on news when I'm commuting to college.
    Techmaster wrote: »

You can't. You are signing into a contract that lasts for 18mths. You have a 14 day grace period to decide if you want to continue with the subscription or not. If you don't, you can cancel and get a full refund. If you do, your iPad will be sent to you after 14 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Argos here in Ireland?

Yea,
    It's a good deal.
    You can pay as much as you want whenever you want as long as it paid off within 6 months.
    Got a MacBook Pro couple of months ago for 1400euro and they approve within 15mins.

If you don't pay it off within 6 months then it moves onto a different finance deal with interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I probably would. I do enjoy reading up on news when I'm commuting to college.

You can't. You are signing into a contract that lasts for 18mths. You have a 14 day grace period to decide if you want to continue with the subscription or not. If you don't, you can cancel and get a full refund. If you do, your iPad will be sent to you after 14 days.

You can cancel a direct debit through internet banking well i can anyway with TSB,but i think this subscription is with your card so not sure if that can be cancelled.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Yea,
    It's a good deal.
    You can pay as much as you want whenever you want as long as it paid off within 6 months.
    Got a MacBook Pro couple of months ago for 1400euro and they approve within 15mins.

If you don't pay it off within 6 months then it moves onto a different finance deal with interest.

That's great thanks a million for your help. I'm actually after a MacBook Pro/Air any advice as to what GB or RAM or whatever to choose? Thanks

Techmaster wrote: »

Same as any contract (mobile phones etc.) - you still owe the balance of the full term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cazale wrote:
    Does anyone know if you get access to the full UK version of the Times as well as the local Irish content with the subscription?

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

thanks for the head up OP!!

I signed up about half an hour ago but cant login to the app, keeps saying username or password is incorrect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thanks for the head up OP!!

I signed up about half an hour ago but cant login to the app, keeps saying username or password is incorrect

Username EamonDunphy
    Password: ******bollocky

red lights and sirens go off, Rupert Murdoch alerted. Emergency board meeting at News UK and Ireland in 1 London Bridge Street....

I'm surprised you even got past the first sign up page Eamonn....:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

nah, too many dead beats here, no credit analyst would risk a mob that think water should be free and mortgage debt written off

Well did anyone sign up?

Well did anyone sign up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not yet, but considering it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement