Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

dermiestv wrote: »
    Curiosity got me so I looked and yes, both the German and French Apple Stores also offer 0% financing options. Probably also in other European countries.

As Apple and Paypal are both based in Ireland, maybe organising an Irish offer in time for Christmas isn't beyond them.

Hopefully they'll realize their mistake in time for Christmas :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Is it possible to buy from Apple Store Uk online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

pinkstars wrote: »
    Is it possible to buy from Apple Store Uk online?

With an Irish address, no. You can buy in store in UK if you wish but I don't think they would offer 0% financing for non-UK residents.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    With an Irish address, no. You can buy in store in UK if you wish but I don't think they would offer 0% financing for non-UK residents.

Ah cheers thanks. The finance options looked tempting!!!

Signed up for this as I would love to get an iPad Mini for Christmas. Just got the email from them saying that the iPad will be sent to you after the 14 day period and it will take 10 working days for it to arrive.

Would you also make use of the subscription of the Times? I'm half and half on the idea still but would love it in time for Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Argos do buy now pay later if you are looking for finance.
    Pay for the item within 6 months and it's 0% interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Whats stopping people from cancelling the DD after the first month?

XsApollo wrote: »
    Argos do buy now pay later if you are looking for finance.
    Pay for the item within 6 months and it's 0% interest.

Argos here in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Would you also make use of the subscription of the Times? I'm half and half on the idea still but would love it in time for Christmas!

I probably would. I do enjoy reading up on news when I'm commuting to college.
    Techmaster wrote: »

You can't. You are signing into a contract that lasts for 18mths. You have a 14 day grace period to decide if you want to continue with the subscription or not. If you don't, you can cancel and get a full refund. If you do, your iPad will be sent to you after 14 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Argos here in Ireland?

Yea,
    It's a good deal.
    You can pay as much as you want whenever you want as long as it paid off within 6 months.
    Got a MacBook Pro couple of months ago for 1400euro and they approve within 15mins.

If you don't pay it off within 6 months then it moves onto a different finance deal with interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I probably would. I do enjoy reading up on news when I'm commuting to college.

You can't. You are signing into a contract that lasts for 18mths. You have a 14 day grace period to decide if you want to continue with the subscription or not. If you don't, you can cancel and get a full refund. If you do, your iPad will be sent to you after 14 days.

You can cancel a direct debit through internet banking well i can anyway with TSB,but i think this subscription is with your card so not sure if that can be cancelled.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Yea,
    It's a good deal.
    You can pay as much as you want whenever you want as long as it paid off within 6 months.
    Got a MacBook Pro couple of months ago for 1400euro and they approve within 15mins.

If you don't pay it off within 6 months then it moves onto a different finance deal with interest.

That's great thanks a million for your help. I'm actually after a MacBook Pro/Air any advice as to what GB or RAM or whatever to choose? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Techmaster wrote: »

Same as any contract (mobile phones etc.) - you still owe the balance of the full term.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cazale wrote:
    Does anyone know if you get access to the full UK version of the Times as well as the local Irish content with the subscription?

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

thanks for the head up OP!!

I signed up about half an hour ago but cant login to the app, keeps saying username or password is incorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thanks for the head up OP!!

I signed up about half an hour ago but cant login to the app, keeps saying username or password is incorrect

Username EamonDunphy
    Password: ******bollocky

red lights and sirens go off, Rupert Murdoch alerted. Emergency board meeting at News UK and Ireland in 1 London Bridge Street....

I'm surprised you even got past the first sign up page Eamonn....:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

dermiestv wrote: »
    Curiosity got me so I looked and yes, both the German and French Apple Stores also offer 0% financing options. Probably also in other European countries.

As Apple and Paypal are both based in Ireland, maybe organising an Irish offer in time for Christmas isn't beyond them.

nah, too many dead beats here, no credit analyst would risk a mob that think water should be free and mortgage debt written off

Well did anyone sign up?

Well did anyone sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not yet, but considering it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 !BigBadBarry

Anyone know if i sign up for this am i getting the times.co.uk and sundaytimes.co.uk content or am i getting the irish content. Tempted seen as i buy the sunday times every sunday but i buy it for irish news not british news !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone know if i sign up for this am i getting the times.co.uk and sundaytimes.co.uk content or am i getting the irish content. Tempted seen as i buy the sunday times every sunday but i buy it for irish news not british news !

Seriously? Read the thread or click the link,

sweetie wrote: »
    Seriously? Read the thread or click the link,

Just wondering what gb is the iPad mini?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

So what's the weekly cost then? And is it the actual paper being delivered to your house?
    Just wondering what gb is the iPad mini?

You are playing a blinder in this thread...

The FIRST bullet point on the promotional page says it is a 16GB iPad mini 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 nifferdoodle

The Independent also has a deal on for a digital subscription. €160 for a 12 month contract paid up front, and you get a Samsung Tab 4 7".
    I can't post a URL because I'm a new user (which I'm not, I'm just not a FREQUENT user), but you can look it up (or someone else can post the link?). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The Independent also has a deal on for a digital subscription. €160 for a 12 month contract paid up front, and you get a Samsung Tab 4 7".
    I can't post a URL because I'm a new user (which I'm not, I'm just not a FREQUENT user), but you can look it up (or someone else can post the link?). :)

http://www.independent.ie/business/technology/digital-edition/get-a-free-samsung-tablet-when-you-subscribe-to-the-digital-edition-31457765.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I signed up, €21.67 (or something) every month for 18 months.

14 days to cancel, after 14 days they will send out the iPad mini 2 within 10 working days.

As I buy the physical Sunday Times every week, €3, I said feck it.

Birneybau wrote: »
    I signed up, €21.67 (or something) every month for 18 months.

14 days to cancel, after 14 days they will send out the iPad mini 2 within 10 working days.

As I buy the physical Sunday Times every week, €3, I said feck it.

For the independent?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

This is for the sunday times.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

RossieMan wrote: »
    This is for the sunday times.

eh, it's also for The Times, Ireland edition

Advertisement