Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free iPad mini 2 with Sunday Times subscription (18 months)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

pinkstars wrote: »
    For the independent?

Yeah, but only the Scottish one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Anyone know if i sign up for this am i getting the times.co.uk and sundaytimes.co.uk content or am i getting the irish content. Tempted seen as i buy the sunday times every sunday but i buy it for irish news not british news !

You can get either, there's daily Irish News plus the Sunday Ireland edition

Both UK and Ireland editions can sit in Newstand and you can open either

Birneybau wrote: »
    Yeah, but only the Scottish one.

If you download the Ireland edition App you get the Ireland edition

(There's a specific App for the Ireland edition , the Scottish section appears in the UK version)

The Times could do with providing more details, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Chrisht. I'm sorry I ever started this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

how much to sign up ,i mean what payment do they take first off your card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

how much to sign up ,i mean what payment do they take first off your card

It's about €22.

Chrisht. I'm sorry I ever started this thread.

It's certainly a weird one.

But a good one I'm looking forward to my iPad mini!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Think I'm going to cancel before the trial is up. The content is good but there is not enough of it to justify the price even with the iPad gift. One update a day in the morning isn't sufficient for this news junkie. Thanks to the op for the heads up though.

Really? I think that's justified I also kind of feel the same.

• Advertisement

Really? I think that's justified I also kind of feel the same.

Well did anyone receive their iPad mini yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

pinkstars wrote: »
    Won't get it till the week of Christmas. Ordered mine two weeks ago so it'll be shipped off by now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

What's to stop someone from signing up then receiving the iPad then cancelling the DD??? I'm not condoning this I'm just wondering why they'd risk this

Because you've signed a contract and will still owe them the money regardless. Someone like Newscorp would report to private credit reference agencies, so you'd find yourself unable to get mobile contracts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Am I the only one that doesn't see any bargain with this offer!? Definitely in the iPad side of things there to no bargain.

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that doesn't see any bargain with this offer!? Definitely in the iPad side of things there to no bargain.

The Sunday Times physical edition (which I buy every single week) is €3. The daily one is about €2.

The sites are behind a paywall.

I think it's alright myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

The Sunday Times physical edition (which I buy every single week) is €3. The daily one is about €2.

It's a great bargain alright, I have a subscription using a student email but when that's exhausted I'd happily pay the regular price.

No, the daily edition was 90c to very recently might be €1 now

Best value print paper in Ireland, the indo and Irish times spend their time cogging articles from it, often weeks later

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ballymag

We signed up for this when we spotted it on this thread - so thanks for the heads up! I needed a tablet for Christmas for my son - not that I had any intention of getting him an iPAD but as we already buy the papers on Saturday and Sunday (spending 5.50 weekly) I reasoned that if we switched to the online version we wouldn't really be out of pocket. In addition we now get the paper 7 days a week. Only drawback so far is I still prefer a physical paper in my hand rather than a digital version. Other than that have been very impressed with the Times app - its easy to read and I can save any articles I like for future reference!

Just hope the iPAD mini comes in time for Christmas!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

I signed up for a recent free trial, but found I missed the physical paper on Sunday. If I'd been happy with the on line version, then at e5 PW this is good value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Mine just arrived, didn't think it would be branded on the back.

Wonder if my son will ask why Santa's giving Sunday Times ipads for Christmas. :D

ipad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

^ Jesus that's brutal.

Edit: Photoshop you cheeky b@stard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

VeVeX wrote: »

Wonder if my son will ask why Santa's giving Sunday Times ipads for Christmas. :D

ipad.jpg

Tell me that is a photoshop hoax?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

VeVeX wrote: »

ipad.jpg

Nice one, nearly died when you posted that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

hehe ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

quick question for people there.

I am considering taking up this offer. however I do not like anything apple. can I use the subscription on an android device and will I be limited to only one android device.

thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

I am considering taking up this offer. however I do not like anything apple. can I use the subscription on an android device and will I be limited to only one android device.

thanks,

Sign up to the €1 trial. That'll get you a month. I didn't like it though on Android. The app seemed pretty basic and the news seemed UK centric. The iPad app might be better. I've no idea about that.
    You can unsubscribe within the first 14 days and it'll only have cost you a euro if you don't like it. It's a bit of hassle to unsubscribe (ringing and going through menus and hold music) but only takes 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

thanks,

The Independent are doing a similar offer with a Samsung tablet / android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ballymag

God - got the fright of my life when u posted that picture! Just thought how was I going to explain it at home!!!

Advertisement