Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Xbox app for PC

Comments

EoinHef wrote: »
    Forza Horizon 4 is pretty good imo,nice and easy to dip in and out of arcadey style racer.

Top class entertainment. I'm not sure what more you need from a video game.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nothing, they're the same game. Probably no mod support in win 10 one though.
    Nope, it does indeed have mod support on win 10 version and even on xbox btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I finally redeemed my alienware codes last night. Had 3 (:o). Got me 6 months gamepass

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Trying to sign up for this again but i cant get past adding address and area code, wont accept area code and seems i cant change location from UK, is it just confined to UK for this €1 offer at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

No,my mate used the €1 for one month then the upgrade to XGP for 2 months which left him woth 3 months XGP all in all about 4 days ago.

Could it be a one time offer?

I thought as much but i cant even sign up for regular monthly sub, its locked to UK region and wont accept my eircode and i cant change region so i cant actually progress to pay.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are you on a browser? Try changing en-GB to en-IE in the url.

No i was using the xbox beta app on PC,tried to change region and no option to do do.
    I got it sorted, i just put in a fake UK format post code and it worked.
    Is it still possible to cancel now and have game pass until xbox live runs out?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,397 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

As far as I know it should be as long as the upgrade offer is still there. I'm not 100% sure though to be honest, so only risk it if your sub is nearly ran out anyway.

Or do you mean just stop re-occurring billing? If that's the case you're fine you can turn that off straight away.

• Advertisement

Yeah i meant the upgrade to ultimate thingy that then gives you the remainder of xbox live sub as xbopx pass ultimate for remaining time.
    Ill probably wait until end of this month before i risk it.

Thanks for the info Mickeroo.

3 month subs were €14.79 on cdkeys last i checked,buying 4 and getting a year for €60 isnt too bad as a fall back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dishonoured 2 added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EGcmnGgXkAE9RMs?format=jpg&name=large

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are DLC's included with most games? Would love to play Stellaris with all the new content, but not willing to spend a decent chuck of change on it right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Kiith wrote: »
    Are DLC's included with most games? Would love to play Stellaris with all the new content, but not willing to spend a decent chuck of change on it right now.

From what I've seen it's just the base game unless it specifically says so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Kiith wrote: »

The DLC is included with the Stellaris on Xbox One version, there is no PC version from what I can see :)

There is a PC version and yes its on game pass.

@Kiith id say if you go with the ultimate sub you will get all DLC, thats how it was with other games when i had ultimate.

I thought that only applied to first party games like Gears 5.

Dcully wrote: »
    There is a PC version and yes its on game pass.

It doesn't show up in the Xbox (Beta) app anyway! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It doesn't show up in the Xbox (Beta) app anyway! :(

Coming soon....

• Advertisement

Playable for me right now.

Wx2qxEG.jpg

Yep, its playable alright

Dcully wrote: »
    Playable for me right now.

[IMG/]https://i.imgur.com/Wx2qxEG.jpg[/IMG]

Shows for me now when I search!
    It didn't last night, even though I only posted in the thread this morning :)

Odd that the Xbox version comes with the addons and the PC version doesn't.

Sweet, the gift that keeps on giving.

My trial of this is almost coming to an end, anyone see any good deals to keep it going. Since theres also an xbox in the house it makes sence to renew ultimate i guess. Best deal I can see at the moment is 3 months for 21euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

No UFC or Fight Night yet?

Taylor365 wrote: »

Highly unlikely to see EA sports games going in when EA have their own subscription service I would have thought.

Taylor365 wrote: »

Are they available for PC? Dont see them on Origin.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They never made it onto the PC, only on the consoles AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Shiminay wrote: »
    They never made it onto the PC, only on the consoles AFAIK.
    Yea, no PC releases to date. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EJW1QhcWsAAeOYF?format=jpg&name=large

EJW1zkSWoAAXrdS?format=jpg&name=large

Witcher 3, Remnants from the ashes and Rage 2 are console only

Edit: Rage 2 is on pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

hahahahahah just to highlight how stupid these services and I am, i bought AOE2DE completley forgot who was making it. Like fcuking DUH of course it would be on game pass.

Suppose i can still play it after next feb now :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hah, i was just about to pre-order the MCC until i remembered it would be on Game Pass on day 1.

The service really is good value for money. Fair play to Microsoft for finally bringing a good service to the PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Only issue I have with it was using the xbox chat with a friend over text and talking about a particularly hard time he is going through (domestic abuse) and I ended up getting a ban for a day.

It looks like Microsoft are monitoring everything said over the app so be careful what you say.

Not sure id pay the regular price of €14.99 a month for it but with all the discounts its a bargain

Calhoun wrote: »
    Only issue I have with it was using the xbox chat with a friend over text and talking about a particularly hard time he is going through (domestic abuse) and I ended up getting a ban for a day.

It looks like Microsoft are monitoring everything said over the app so be careful what you say.

Oh dear. I wonder does that apply to Xbox console aswell.

I still use steam chat when im on it. Just aswell.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Oh dear. I wonder does that apply to Xbox console aswell.

I still use steam chat when im on it. Just aswell.

I am not sure as my friend didn't get any action and he was on an xbox console and I was on the webapp but the enforcement was on both my console and web app.

The content of our conversation was private but it was fairly raw as the subject matter was adult orientated as he was describing a violent incident.

Lesson here is be careful what you say over the text chat as could lead to an easy ban for you and there is no real way to dispute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lesson here is be careful what you say over the text chat as could lead to an easy ban for you and there is no real way to dispute.

Its 2019, not sure of your age but seriously?

Lesson here is dont say **** on any app.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its 2019, not sure of your age but seriously?

Lesson here is dont say **** on any app.

What does my age have to do with anything? it was a private chat over an app with a friend.

I normally wouldnt use it but he just happened to ping me on it.

• Advertisement

A few new games added today including RAGE 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035344491-Xbox-Game-Pass-Discord-Nitro seems you can add three months onto your game pass if you sub to nitro for a tenner, I haven't tried it yet so not sure if it's US only but I'll report back.
    Edit: It works but it converts to 2 months of game pass ultimate for me instead of the regular 3 which is grand!

Master Chief Collection is available to pre install.

Master Chief Collection is available to pre install.

Could you pre-install? i am getting 0x80073D12 error.

Did some research online, it looks like its a pre-load placeholder and is only 10MB large expect to pre-load closer to the time.

Could you pre-install? i am getting 0x80073D12 error.

Yea getting the same. Hopefully sorted tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Did some research online, it looks like its a pre-load placeholder and is only 10MB large expect to pre-load closer to the time.

So it's a pre-load for the pre-load? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I went to continue playing Ori and got an error saying unable to sync and do I want to play offline. So I chose that option, but my save was gone.
    Are all saves stored in the cloud and not locally? Is there an option to change that? Not much sense playing offline if you can't access the saves.

I restarted and it's syncing now, but would rather local saves and only use the cloud as backup

Darksiders 3 and a few others added.

Phoenix Point added. Just in time for Christmas :-)

I am not sure as my friend didn't get any action and he was on an xbox console and I was on the webapp but the enforcement was on both my console and web app.

The content of our conversation was private but it was fairly raw as the subject matter was adult orientated as he was describing a violent incident.

I got a message in Xbox live 2 days ago, my suspension was an accident and they gave me a week free on Xbox gold.

I assume it's a bot they have scanning chat and banning people for certain words being used, regardless of context or audience.

Pretty bad system as there is no way to review such suspensions, if you were an active player on the service it would screw you bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement