Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Meanwhile the Trump strategy is

1 call anyone who disagrees with him names

2 call Biden voters names

3 Support white supremacists and murderers

4 claim Biden has medical issues diagnosed by watching him on twitter videos

5 cry and claim fraud when he loses (he has already said he can only lose if the elections rigged)

The problem is most of us here want the dems to win, and their strategy sucks. Trump is president so his strategy is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Cody montana

fr336 wrote: »
    Trump hasnt had no stroke. Hes as sharp as ever on twitter. I dont mean sharp as in intelligence i mean at attacking the dems and producing insights about them which stick. Its VERY worrying that starting rumours like this appears to be all the dems have.

It makes sense.
    Something is wrong with him.

He’s very low energy the last few weeks.
    He nearly fell over a few days ago.

Have you proof that its Trump sending those tweets? Also hasn't Trump and his zealots been spreading rumours about Bidens health for months now?

Id be surprised if anyone could immitate trump on twitter - demented to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

fr336 wrote:
    The problem is most of us here want the dems to win, and their strategy sucks. Trump is president so his strategy is working.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, it will be fascinating to watch though

He’s very low energy the last few weeks. He nearly fell over a few days ago.

That campaign would knock the healthest

• Advertisement

It makes sense.
    Something is wrong with him.

He’s very low energy the last few weeks.
    He nearly fell over a few days ago.

That could be any number of things. Having too much ear wax can make you off balance. Remember the trump fanboys wetting themselves thinking hillary had parkinsons?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure about that, it will be fascinating to watch though

Well i could be totally wrong and hope i am wanderer, but ive seen what happened in 16 and it seems the same mistakes are being made again but even moreso. At least hillary wanted to be president, do we get the same feeling off joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Possible alright, he also could be extremely stressed

Considering his age he has being forced to move at a faster pace this year and this has shown at times during the year. I reckon the most likely way he will go is a heart attack sometime into his second term and just considering his age, profile and work rate. Remember this is a president who puts out tweets at 1AM and 5 AM.

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/1274572991016378368

US president is quite a demanding role, do US voters see Mr. Biden as being up to that pace? Hillary Clinton was not up to the demands of the 2016 campaign trail and it affected her health at the time, you can see why then need to keep Mr. Biden well rested.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1300588719947350016

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

fr336 wrote:
    Well i could be totally wrong and hope i am wanderer, but ive seen what happened in 16 and it seems the same mistakes are being made again but even moreso. At least hillary wanted to be president, do we get the same feeling off joe?

Oh Biden and the dems are dreadful, but I think he ll just about get it, but I think it ll be extremely close, if he does, I think he may only have minimal effect, but better than the other fella, it ll take a miracle to stick that country back together

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

What happens if both die before the end of the campaign?

• Advertisement

Considering his age he has being forced to move at a faster pace this year and this has shown at times during the year. I reckon the most likely way he will go is a heart attack sometime into his second term and just considering his age, profile and work rate. Remember this is a president who puts out tweets at 1AM and 5 AM.

Can't see him getting the second, tis common that cluster b's require little sleep, they're well wired for it, but the heart attack is plausible, he's very unhealthy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I really think it will be incredibly close...I think a lot of people won't admit to voting for Trump even to pollsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Three or so months to go.

I dunno. I think the Dems fkd up by not having a younger person as candidate if they wanted to. There was a guy O'Rourke I think, but anyone below the age of 70 was dismissed fortwith.

I think they are relying on the VP elect (if it happens). But haven't heard a word out of her mouth for a week.

Total shtstorm and I am no expert, but this is not going to go the Dems way IMV. Much as they think it might.

The RePS have it sown now. And thank god I didn't hit the button on going to Washington and Texas this year. Whew. And I won't go again as long as the REPs are in the seat.

Just me. I suppose they are all the same, but hopefully someone will emerge on the Dem side who has a brain and doesn't use Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Both Trump and Biden are coffin dodgers and normally neither would be ideal but I reckon Trump will shade it and be re elected.

So Melania will have to hold hands and fake a smile at Donny for a few more years.

No big deal to us over here anyway, the left nearly wet themselves when Obama was elected and he made was it just one visit in the eight years he was in office.

Trump has created bit of employment in the country with his hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭MFPM

Both Trump and Biden are coffin dodgers and normally neither would be ideal but I reckon Trump will shade it and be re elected.

So Melania will have to hold hands and fake a smile at Donny for a few more years.

No big deal to us over here anyway, the left nearly wet themselves when Obama was elected and he made was it just one visit in the eight years he was in office.

Which 'left' was this now?

I wouldn't be so sure about that, America potentially could be on the cusp of a civil war, if they go down, we all go down!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ivanka is the one to watch. imv

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He’s trying to remove thousands of pharmaceutical jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

I wouldn't be so sure about that, America potentially could be on the cusp of a civil war, if they go down, we all go down!

We produce more food here on this island to feed ourselves 15 times over, we'll be grand.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    We produce more food here on this island to feed ourselves 15 times over, we'll be grand.

Until the brits run out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Three or so months to go.

I dunno. I think the Dems fkd up by not having a younger person as candidate if they wanted to. There was a guy O'Rourke I think, but anyone below the age of 70 was dismissed fortwith.

I think they are relying on the VP elect (if it happens). But haven't heard a word out of her mouth for a week.

Total shtstorm and I am no expert, but this is not going to go the Dems way IMV. Much as they think it might.

The RePS have it sown now. And thank god I didn't hit the button on going to Washington and Texas this year. Whew. And I won't go again as long as the REPs are in the seat.

Just me. I suppose they are all the same, but hopefully someone will emerge on the Dem side who has a brain and doesn't use Twitter.
    Beto o rourke?
    He was never seriously in the running.

Pete Buttigieg did surprisingly well I think he is only 38, intelligent and a war vet but I am not sure middle America will vote for a gay president just yet even though he is a christian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Biden has 5 things going for him that the Dems didnt have in 2016

1. His name is not Clinton

2. He's not female - I say that not because it's a deal breaker for me, but because it's a deal breaker for American misogynists of which there are very many. Even so many women who were dying to vote for a female candidate all their lives couldnt vote for HRC - It was bizzare that Clinton didnt increase the female vote above what Obama achieved in both 2008 and 2012

3. He's not up against someone who can act like the outsider who's gonna shake up Washington

4. Coronavirus - Likely to become worse in the coming weeks

5. He already has 176 electoral college votes absolutely guaranteed. Trump only has 71 guaranteed. Biden only needs 94 more and he has far more in the "Likely" and "Leans" catagory also

On the other hand, #5 above above is based on polls and pollsters may not be that good at reaching the typical Trump voter. Trump is a master of attracting the very powerful fear vote. Sometimes it's bizarre to see him refer to the breakdown of law and order that he says would occur under a President Biden, while exactly that is occurring under President Trump. It's a risky strategy. But then he knows how to make a martyr out of the likes of Kyle Rittenhouse. He's good at tactics like picking the office of a particular state where rioting is happening and calling it a Dem controlled state - even if they only hold either the office of Governor or one of the two state legislative chambers - and if they don't hold any of the 3, he'll take it to the city Mayor level. And it's muffling out his performance on Coronavirus....with 1,000+ deaths most days over the last several weeks, it barely features on US news at the moment. He's good at this! Don't underestimate him

But I still think Biden will do it! But it won't be a landslide!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

buried wrote: »

Back to the plain old dinners of the 70's for us so.......... where salad cream was considered a delicacy.

buried wrote:

What will we buy it with?

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Biden is resorting to campaigning through Animal Crossing New Horizons on Nintendo Switch that's the most hipster esque tactic I've ever seen.

https://nintendoeverything.com/biden-campaign-creates-official-yard-signs-for-animal-crossing-new-horizons/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭MFPM

Ivanka is the one to watch. imv

She's definitely ambitious but she's not very bright (but that's not necessarily an obstacle as her father has proven). Maureen O'Dowd had a good article in the IT on Saturday about her performance at the convention.

When Trump loses, I think the Republicans will try to move on from him and his coterie...

I suspect Biden will serve two years or so and Harris will take over and be the incumbent in 2024.

Biden isn't going to win. America within the last couple of decades have made it the norm to vote in the person who looks better/has been more visual on TV. Trump has been on TV for over 40 years. That's the winner, just like last time. That's how it works over in that kip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

He is not sending in troops and drones to kill them I'm sure they appreciate that whatever they may think of him

First President in 40 years to not start a new war. This is why the Democrats have no strategy or platform. They were sure he would start one [despite him running on ending them] so they could use the "We'll bring our soldiers home" card, but he took that away from them. They blew their collective loads on the phony investigations and impeachments, The riots have turned people against them. They have nothing to run on.

If the Democrats thought they had a chance they would have condemned and ended the riots months ago.

buried wrote:
    Biden isn't going to win. America within the last couple of decades have made it the norm to vote in the person who looks better/has been more visual on TV. Trump has been on TV for over 40 years. That's the winner, just like last time. That's how it works over in that kip.

There's no certainties now, and the people have had enough, anything is possible now

• Advertisement

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Back to the plain old dinners of the 70's for us so.......... where salad cream was considered a delicacy.

Sure why the f**k not? That's what I eat every day. Not doing me no harm. What am I going to miss? Starbucks tin can espresso's in the supermarket that cost 6 euros? Good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement