Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

buried wrote:
    I couldn't give a monkeys crack how the likes of them goons will operate. They can get the f**k out of here for all I care.

You will, if they all start crashing, some seriously short memories round here, regarding 08!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭walshb

MFPM wrote: »
    No, I hated Clinton but in a two horse race wanted her to win, hate Biden and want him to win....Trump has made the lives on many minorities intolerable, he's emboldened some of the most disgusting creatures on the far-right....Bring back the Guillotine!

He’s an absolute horror...

But in 2016 I wasn’t aware just how bad, and I wanted to see wtf it would be like to have him as the POTUS..

Now, I want to see him lose, just to see wtf Sh1t he comes out with in defeat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭buried

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    But how will the rest of the economy function, if there's a catastrophic crash of the American economy?

Just have to adapt and do the same. Adaptation is the key to a crisis. What else are you going to do? Throw yourself in the river just because some country 4000 miles away is going to Hell?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

walshb wrote:
    He’s an absolute horror...

He was always going to be so, he's always been a horrible person, shur he's an npd

• Registered Users Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Ah, I thought you were talking sh!te, that confirms it.

If you say so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1300766077153140737

The Democrats are clutching at straws that a magic postal vote will come out for them. It seems likely that the Northern states results will be contested after November 4th with confirmation of the Trump victory dragged out as long as, it has gotten to that level of vindictiveness from the Democrats and RINOs. In most US elections it is normally a case that the side that loses accepts the result and comes back at the next term with a better plan, this time they learned nothing and combined with the amplification of social media and mainstream media chasing advertising clicks have created a situation where neither side will accept a loss.

It is unlikely that the postal vote will work in Mr. Bidens favour as the older people who use the post office are pretty much set in their ways so the margins are not going to shift, the younger vote (under 30) that he needs to swing it does not use the postal system, so he needs them to turn out in person at the polling station.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

buried wrote:
    Just have to adapt and do the same. Adaptation is the key to a crisis. What else are you going to do? Throw yourself in the river just because some country 4000 miles away is going to Hell?

As 08 showed us, if Americas economy crashes , we all crash

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

gmisk wrote: »
    In what way?
    You mean if the recordings of her giving out about Donald Trump etc come out?

Not at all, she is priming herself to be President in the future I think.

Doesn't matter if my view is rubbish, but just look at Jared Kushner.

First female Prez. OMG.. It could happen.

As 08 showed us, if Americas economy crashes , we all crash

Let it crash, I'll survive anyways, don't know about you. Good luck to you and yours when it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

I hope Hilary wins.
    Someday!!!

• Advertisement

We are talking about Trump v Biden.
    This is excluding the tariffs he put on Irish products.

He wants American companies back in their own country, my point is that's not something Trump alone is in favour of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭MFPM

If you say so.

Based on your posts, I do! Feel free to counter with something approaching intelligent content and we can discuss it.

Tis indeed, we potentially could be viewing the beginning of a civil war, in the modern age, of a so called developed country

Rioters against one of the most highly trained and armed police forces in the world, not to mention the military, it would be over before it even began.

buried wrote:
    Let it crash, I'll survive anyways, don't know about you. Good luck to you and yours when it does.

Be careful what you wish for, as there could be many starving people willing to kill for food, if a crash is bad enough
    Rioters against one of the most highly trained and armed police forces in the world, not to mention the military, it would be over before it even began.

Against one of the most armed, and resonably skilled nations, should work out!

But the police would be restrained surely..
    It was what struck me watching that video..these sort of forces don't just go away once they are unleashed..It gives rise to an opposition..It just escalates..

Be careful what you wish for, as there could be many starving people willing to kill for food, if a crash is bad enough

Where do you live? From the sounds of it its nowhere in Ireland, you are talking hyperwollix netflix fantasy ****. Nobody will be "killing anybody for food" in Ireland gasun, we didn't do that the last time we were made starve.

Against one of the most armed, and resonably skilled nations, should work out!

Nah I'm not buying this Hunger Games scenario you are thinking might happen.

Law and order, the phrase the man himself often tweets would win out every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

Iv'e been saying for weeks now Biden needs to get out there and answer questions, do interviews etc.. You know put himself forward and let people know who he is.

Take yesterday at his Pittsburgh speech as an example. Plenty of reporters present and he refuses to take any questions at all. This is going to kill him come election day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭MFPM

Nah I'm not buying this Hunger Games scenario you are thinking might happen.

Law and order, the phrase the man himself often tweets would win out every time.

Cops killing innocent people of colour, white supermacists protected by 'law and order' as they kill innocent people?

Trump ftw now it seems.

Has anyone seen any polls yet? the higher for the opponent means a shoo in for the current candidate anyway. As we have seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Cops killing innocent people of colour, white supermacists protected by 'law and order' as they kill innocent people?

Obama didnt stop it happening, why would Biden?

You think people just started dieing in police custody and during arrest when Trump got involved. If anything it might be the presidency where the issue is raised. If anything he is more likely to stoo this than Obama ever did.

buried wrote:
    Where do you live? From the sounds of it its nowhere in Ireland, you are talking hyperwollix netflix fantasy ****. Nobody will be "killing anybody for food" in Ireland gasun, we didn't do that the last time we were made starve.

08 has shown us, America's economy is critical for the global economy, it goes, we all go. The speed of the previous crash was astonishing, we re potentially more vulnerable now

Our legal systems no longer are truly democratic, there's a potential some of our critical systems such as the justice system to collapse with it, the man himself is more than likely an npd, he's actually a conman, he actually doesn't care for the human race, you ve been conned

During Covid lockdown I may have missed a lot of things but could someone PLEASE tell me why the Dems decided on an elderly man to lead them in. I honestly just don't get it.

A younger vibrant articulate DEM would at least give Trump a run for his money. It is baffling to me why not.

It's as if the Dems want the RPs to win and after eight years of Trumpism romp home. I am really baffled, but should I be? Am I missing something that you experts might know more about in the Dem Strategy? Thanks.

08 has shown us, America's economy is critical for the global economy, it goes, we all go. The speed of the previous crash was astonishing, we re potentially more vulnerable now

Our legal systems no longer are truly democratic, there's a potential some of our critical systems such as the justice system to collapse with it, the man himself is more than likely an npd, he's actually a conman, he actually doesn't care for the human race, you ve been conned

"we all go"? I didn't go anywhere man. I never got involved in any boom or the bust after it. I'm still living the bland 70's Irish dinner shtyle without salad cream that I've been doing the last 40 years and I'm happy out. Could be a lesson in that for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,284 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Trump is doing well with heart land and working class voters, breaking that down further he is also looking like getting more of the black vote than any Republican in a long time, not a big ask.

Add in the Democrats doing so much to help him.

buried wrote:
    "we all go"? I didn't go anywhere man. I never got involved in any boom or the bust after it. I'm still living the bland 70's Irish dinner shtyle without salad cream that I've been doing the last 40 years and I'm happy out. Could be a lesson in that for ya.

This has the potential to stop everything, assume you use electricity?

During Covid lockdown I may have missed a lot of things but could someone PLEASE tell me why the Dems decided on an elderly man to lead them in. I honestly just don't get it.

A younger vibrant articulate DEM would at least give Trump a run for his money. It is baffling to me why not.

It's as if the Dems want the RPs to win and after eight years of Trumpism romp home. I am really baffled, but should I be? Am I missing something that you experts might know more about in the Dem Strategy? Thanks.

They wanted someone who would beat Sanders in the primary, due to a woeful selection, a man with early dementia was the winner.

Where is that happening?

How is it relevant to the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

True enough but the country seems even further apart since the Obama era. Might be worth a fiver though :P

We saw the beginnings of all of this in 2008, really. Sarah Palin and the Tea Party movement, the rise of Facebook and Twitter giving you the 'real news' that the 'lamestream media' doesn't want you to know. I remember that old woman who said to John McCain - "Obama - I read about him, and he's, uh, he's an Arab."
    Where did she read about him? It couldn't have been in any possible publication with journalistic integrity and oversight, that's for sure. And since that time, that type of baseless information has proliferated wildly. QAnon has become a massive conspiracy theory despite it having no basis, but it does play into certain people's pre-existing biases. Ultimately, if we cannot deal in hard facts, we cannot even have a discussion, because that's like one side is playing checkers and the other backgammon. That's where America is right now, and other parts of the western world are following suit to varying extents.

• Advertisement

This has the potential to stop everything, assume you use electricity?

I do but last week I was without it for three days. And yet, I Still alive.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement