Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I ended up wasting .1 by flip flopping off Saiss this morning in a draft I was sure I’d finalised on before jumping back on at the last minute.

Martinez (Steer)
    TAA James Saiss (Lamptey, Mitchell)
    KDB (C) Salah Son Grealish Podence
    DCL Jimenez (Brewster)

jams100 wrote: »
    I only have one Liverpool player (TAA) and I'm not particularly happy about that, having none is a pretty big risk imo. Maybe Sarah for Auba?

I’d personally gamble with Sterling and then look at switching back to Salah in a few weeks if it doesn’t click.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Lads thanks for the help, Saiss was a good shout and someone I didn't look at before! I forget the other changes I made but it's too late now...

Untitled.png

Good luck everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ryan button
    Kwp Justin Mitchell lamptey targett
    Salah kdb son foden j rod
    Jiminez Werner Brewster
    All out attack for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Went with this:

Martínez, Nyland
    Robertson, James, Lamptey, Justin, Dunne
    Salah, KDB, Foden, Klich, Burke
    Werner, Jiménez, Richarlison

0.2 in the bank. Bit different to the original plan (3-5-2 with Brewster) but took the advice earlier in the thread that Podence isn't a good enough replacement for Jiménez.

I'm sticking with Richarlison over other Everton attackers.

• Advertisement

Wildcard seems to be the thing that turns TAA into a differential for the first time in about a year or more.

He’s still like 44% ownership overall but not hard to see from here and Twitter that he’s now rare in teams that have a blank canvas to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Good to see a few other Brewster owners here. I kind of had to gamble on him after naming my team "The Red Brewster".

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Good to see a few other Brewster owners here. I kind of had to gamble on him after naming my team "The Red Brewster".

For me, it was just the obvious move if you’re going 5 in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

CSF wrote: »
    For me, it was just the obvious move if you’re going 5 in midfield.

Considered it, but decided to wait and see where he ends up

Considered it, but decided to wait and see where he ends up

He's been linked with Villa, Palace and Sheffield United. I think Sheffield United would probably be the best move for FPL returns but as long as its a premier league team I don't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    Martinez (Steer)
    James, Castagne, Saiss (KWP, Dunne)
    Salah, KDB, Son, Foden, Klich
    Werner, Jiminez (Delap)

Delap may use up a transfer when Brewster gets his move but any points over the next couple of GWs could see a double rise, so I threw him in.

Any last minute advice is not welcome ;)

Ended up with:

Martinez (Steer)
    James, Castagne, TAA (KWP, Dunne)
    Sterling, KDB, Son, Burke, Klich
    Werner, Jiminez (Delap)

PARlance wrote: »
    Ended up with:

Martinez (Steer)
    James, Castagne, TAA (KWP, Dunne)
    Sterling, KDB, Son, Burke, Klich
    Werner, Jiminez (Delap)

I’m a big fan of the late change.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thanks for the advice last night and this morning. Moved away from my strong front 8 but still didnt bring in Werner. Got delap instead just incase he steals a bit of game time and might score some price rises. Can then move to Brewster for a profit if Brewster secures a move away.

Stuck with my rotating keepers. My thinking is what if one of them gets covid. I dont want to be transferring keepers, so having two guaranteed starters means I wont be keeper less at any point of the near to medium term future hopefully.

Downgraded TAA to VVD. And I have 3.2 in the bank now, so money to play with if Werner does become an essential. Kept my 2 everton and 1 leeds. Zaha too incase he keeps his form and gets a move away. Ah sure look, it's only a bit of craic and it's impossible to own everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I ended up on:

Martinez, (Forster),
    TAA, Saiss, James, (Lamptey, Mitchell),
    Salah, KDB, Podence, Greenwood, Foden,
    Jimenez, Werner. (Brewster)

0.2m in the bank. Came down for me to a choice between 3-5-2 like the above, or 3-4-3 with DCL and Burke instead of Foden and Brewster. I agonised over that decision until the early hours. Greenwood is designed to be a one-week punt. I went with Barnes at the start of the game and definitely want him back for next week, but I figured since I had the funds, and seeing as Greenwood was so good versus Brighton last season, I might as well go this route.

Good luck, folks. At least we don't have to stress about this chip for a while now.

I ended up on:

Martinez, (Forster),
    TAA, Saiss, James, (Lamptey, Mitchell),
    Salah, KDB, Podence, Greenwood, Foden,
    Jimenez, Werner. (Brewster)

0.2m in the bank. Came down for me to a choice between 3-5-2 like the above, or 3-4-3 with DCL and Burke instead of Foden and Brewster. I agonised over that decision until the early hours. Greenwood is designed to be a one-week punt. I went with Barnes at the start of the game and definitely want him back for next week, but I figured since I had the funds, and seeing as Greenwood was so good versus Brighton last season, I might as well go this route.

Good luck, folks. At least we don't have to stress about this chip for a while now.

That’s a very nice team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I’m getting a Werner fear. He’s in a lot of teams today against weak opposition. I dumped him after two GWs. This is the weekend he will go mad surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Wanted hold of the WC till next week, but too many fires and price swings for my players, let the fun begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

thunderdog wrote: »
    Current draft (very similar to above now I look at it!)

Martinez Steer
    TAA James Saiss Lamptey Mitchell
    Salah KDB Podence Foden Burke
    DCL Werner Jiminez

Players I would also like are Son and/or Rodriguez. If Werner fails against WB, I’ll downgrade him to Mitrovic and upgrade Foden

How’s everyone’s WC getting on so far? On a solid 15 points so far with the lads above. Can’t seem to get going this season

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

How’s everyone’s WC getting on so far? On a solid 15 points so far with the lads above. Can’t seem to get going this season

Abysmal so far. According to the bookies, KDB, Foden and Greenwood were ranked within the top 10 midfielders for scoring odds - I got nothing from any of them. Werner and Jimenez were ranked within the top 5 strikers - nothing there either, although Jimenez managed one in a way I suppose!

I'm not going to panic just yet. Have to hope this week was just a strange aberration.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭macraignil

On 15 as well. Pre-wildcard team would have so much more I'm not going to even work out how much more it would have been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

thunderdog wrote:

21 with 3 to go, so many with Vardy in my leagues

Awful but my old team was just as bad. I'm still happy with the team I picked bar double wolves defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

31 from 8 with 3 pool incl Salah (C) to come, but it's not like "I had Robinson/Bowen in my team all week".

Returns from DCL, Ings, Soucek, Lamptey. Son the main disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

The one highlight so far of my wildcard week is Bamford subbing in for Podence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

WC team
    Martinez
    Trent Castagne Lamptey
    TAA KDB Mahrez Zaha
    DCL Jimi MItro

Steer Bisouma Mitchel Justin/Taylor
    No united but Mahrez/ Zaha should do job for few weeks, or could change them to Podence/ fernandez if downgrade cast, strange week for it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Just drafted this lot. Rather than trying to take hits to sort out my team

Martinez, McCarthy

VVD, Castagne, James, Mitchell, Lamptey

Salah, KDB, Zaha, Barnes, Soucek

Mitro, Jimi, Ricky

£0.0 in the bank. Only 5 transfers involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

25 points with only Martinez, Salah and Robertson left. Only Soucek, Havertz and DCL did anything. Have to put this weekend down to being one of those things. Would never have had Vardy. Haven't decided if I want to get rid of Werner yet, he is the only one annoying me. Bad enough Auba plays on the wing without Werner doing it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

10 with captain Salah, Robertson, Martinez & Grealish left. My previous lowest gameweek score in 16+ years playing fpl is 28. Wish i had another wildcard now to undo that one...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

10 with captain Salah, Robertson, Martinez & Grealish left. My previous lowest gameweek score in 16+ years playing fpl is 28. Wish i had another wildcard now to undo that one...
    Will Grealish take pens this season? I've seen Wesley and El Ghazi above him in order. They got f all pens last season but this season seems like there is going to be plenty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Will Grealish take pens this season? I've seen Wesley and El Ghazi above him in order. They got f all pens last season but this season seems like there is going to be plenty
    Not sure. There's Watkins to consider too. Could also be ahead of Grealish.

Advertisement