Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPL Wildcard Thread 2020/2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Periera will go straight back into the team when he's fit (which will take some time) and I think Castagne will take over at left full. Justin is still very raw and makes some rash tackles.

I do agree and think Justin will lose his place. I had him from the start so have some value tied up there. Will transfer out once I have a replacement picked. I just don’t want to transfer him out In a tinker then can’t gat him back If the said replacement gets injured or COVID!

Not sure what 4.5 I like.

Taylor at burnley? I like him but their defence doesn’t look right just yet

Lewis at Newcastle? Good first gw but not impressed by Newcastle since then although I didn’t see or read up on their win against Burnley.

Lamptey? Double up with Ryan in goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    I do agree and think Justin will lose his place. I had him from the start so have some value tied up there. Will transfer out once I have a replacement picked. I just don’t want to transfer him out In a tinker then can’t gat him back If the said replacement gets injured or COVID!

Not sure what 4.5 I like.

Taylor at burnley? I like him but their defence doesn’t look right just yet

Lewis at Newcastle? Good first gw but not impressed by Newcastle since then although I didn’t see or read up on their win against Burnley.

Lamptey? Double up with Ryan in goal!

I think Ayling/Dallas at Leeds are good options too. Walker-Peters is another but Lamptey would be my first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Kwp, Konsa, lamptey, masuaku look the best of the 4.5 options imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

After the craziness of this season I decided to hit the big red button and abandon any attempt at strategic thinking:

Ryan (Button)
    KWP, Justin, Targett, Dallas, Mitchell
    KDB, Hamez, Salah, Son, Grealish
    Kane, DCL, Brewster

I might chop and change the back 4

That’s a cracking team!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hey all. Need some advice, please :)

Already played wildcard and already spent my gameweek transfer (idiot I know). Would you free hit with this team, or take a minus 4 or minus 8?

528539.png

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Nalz wrote: »

Already played wildcard and already spent my gameweek transfer (idiot I know). Would you free hit with this team, or take a minus 4 or minus 8?

528539.png

Thanks

I would do nothing. Carry on into next gw, bank transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Nalz wrote: »

528539.png

Thanks

Ye no need do anything, jorginho only good if they get pens, but for that price all you expect, Davis could be one Brewster if he gets game time and need make a move, but no need for big changes and certainly not for a hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Wilcard activated.

Have this at the moment.

Martinez
    Robertson Saiss Justin
    Son Salah Grealish Hamez
    DCL Maupay Kane

Peacock-Farrell KWP Bissouma Dunne

Leaves 1.6m in the bank but don't see an upgrade worth doing tbh. City look all over the place at the moment but a little afraid of not owning KdB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

McCarthy (4.0)
    Chilwell, Justin, Targett, Dunne, Mitchell
    KDB, Hamez, Salah, Son, Grealish
    Kane, DCL, Brewster

I'm thinking of running with Grealish for now and once Alison returns to Liverpool swapping Grealish out for a 4.5 and bringing in Robertson for maybe Justin.

I am tempted by Castagne though

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Lundstram wrote: »
    Wilcard activated.

Have this at the moment.

Martinez
    Robertson Saiss Justin
    Son Salah Grealish Hamez
    DCL Maupay Kane

Peacock-Farrell KWP Bissouma Dunne

Leaves 1.6m in the bank but don't see an upgrade worth doing tbh. City look all over the place at the moment but a little afraid of not owning KdB.

Hasn’t Dunne been dropped? I’d probably pick up a a defender like Konsa with the extra cash to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

XHsHZU.jpg
    5hRdat.jpg

Hey all, I have put together two options and am really struggling to decide which to go with. Any initial insight at all would be really appreciated!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

I'd go with 2 all day there, better defence and better attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

XHsHZU.jpg
    5hRdat.jpg

Hey all, I have put together two options and am really struggling to decide which to go with. Any initial insight at all would be really appreciated!

I’d have Jorginho over McGinn

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Thanks for the advice, I must say I am leaning towards option two. Regarding Jorginho over McGinn, I had considered this but is Jorginho not a bit more of a risk in terms of game time while McGinn is pretty nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Thanks for the advice, I must say I am leaning towards option two. Regarding Jorginho over McGinn, I had considered this but is Jorginho not a bit more of a risk in terms of game time while McGinn is pretty nailed on.

I’d say Jorginho will play more then McGinn over the course of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Gone from

McCarthy Nyland
    TAA Digne KWP Justin Mitchell
    Salah KDB Rodríguez Soucek Burke
    Jimenez DCL Adams

to

Guaita Forster
    Digne Zouma Saiss Konsa Dallas
    Salah Son Rodriguez Grealish Neto
    Kane DCL Wilson

Will Zouma keep his place?
    Had to get rid of Justin and Mitchell as I expect they'll be dropped soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

ShaneU wrote: »
    Gone from

McCarthy Nyland
    TAA Digne KWP Justin Mitchell
    Salah KDB Rodríguez Soucek Burke
    Jimenez DCL Adams

to

Guaita Forster
    Digne Zouma Saiss Konsa Dallas
    Salah Son Rodriguez Grealish Neto
    Kane DCL Wilson

Will Zouma keep his place?
    Had to get rid of Justin and Mitchell as I expect they'll be dropped soon

A very nice team and well balanced.

I would have one caveat though :

Do you have a plan to get in a Man City asset if you need to ? A 2 move plan ? It might be Aguero, Sterling or KDB but you will probably want one of them in the next few weeks.

Talk me out of putting Zaha in my WC TEAM. Currently between him and Barnes.

Current team with 0 in the bank:

Martinez (4.0)
    Dallas, lamptey, KWP, Taylor, (3.9)
    kDB, Salah, Son, Hamez, Grealish
    Kane, DCL, Brewster

I’m getting nervous having no Trent or Robbo.
    Would the below be more sensible?

Martinez to 4.5 (Mcarthy or Ryan)
    Lamptey to Robbo
    Grealish to Soucek

Keepers won’t have much difference between them.I think lamptey and grealish is exciting but Robbo and Soucek is solid.
    Just to add I like what I’ve seen of Soucek. Gets in the box every chance he gets and the target man on set pieces.

Barnes wins out for me. What about hamez and grealish? Maybe even trossard.
    I think palace had zero shots last game v Chelsea. If I knew he was going to play as a striker and take pens maybe...

• Advertisement

I was eyeing up Zaha for a while but Palace just seem far too blunt in attack. As a compromise I'm now considering a punt on PVA. Current draft;

Martinez, Steer;
    TAA, Semedo, PVA, Lamptey, Dallas;
    Salah, Son, Grealish, Trossard, Soucek;
    Kane, DCL, Antonio

I think strength in depth is going to be important over the coming months with covid outbreaks being inevitable so happy to have the likes of Dallas & Soucek in reserve, think it's worth investing an extra million in the bench.

Barnes wins out for me. What about hamez and grealish? Maybe even trossard.
    I think palace had zero shots last game v Chelsea. If I knew he was going to play as a striker and take pens maybe...

Yeah. I think I will go with Barnes. Feel Zaha will score against Brighton and I'll be tearing my hair out. Barnes is the sensible option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

MR NINE wrote: »
    I was eyeing up Zaha for a while but Palace just seem far too blunt in attack. As a compromise I'm now considering a punt on PVA. Current draft;

Martinez, Steer;
    TAA, Semedo, PVA, Lamptey, Dallas;
    Salah, Son, Grealish, Trossard, Soucek;
    Kane, DCL, Antonio

I think strength in depth is going to be important over the coming months with covid outbreaks being inevitable so happy to have the likes of Dallas & Soucek in reserve, think it's worth investing an extra million in the bench.

Apart from the PVA pick (are we sure when he will be starting?) I like it, and its similar to what I'm looking at.

Big fan of the Soucek as 5th mid, as I agree that squad depth will be vital this season with the potential for Covid issues.

Benimar wrote: »
    Apart from the PVA pick (are we sure when he will be starting?) I like it, and its similar to what I'm looking at.

Big fan of the Soucek as 5th mid, as I agree that squad depth will be vital this season with the potential for Covid issues.

Thanks. I accept all criticism on PVA as it's hard to defend really. I want a Palace player coz their fixtures are great, originally I had Guaita and Zaha in, but PVA kinda covers both attack and defence. It is definitely not a smart pick though, I'm allowing myself one punt. Bench is strong and he can easily be downgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

---- Ryan -- Button

TAA -- Ayling -- KWP --Justin -- Ferguson

Salah -- Grealish -- Zaha -- Son -- Stephens

--- DCL -- Kane -- Jimenez

Hadn't planned on WC but KDB injury has made me move. On a -4 already after bringing in Harry. Decided to keep Ryan as Brighton's fixtures improving. Grealish & Zaha are fixture proof and hoping they can return over the next few weeks. Sonny I've had since the start and he saved my bacon during the last Gameweek. DCL in purely as a blocker and can easily do Kane to Aguero if need be in a few weeks.

For these changes I will be shipping out KDB, Reed, Podence, C Taylor, Brewster and Ings. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ok, tear this apart:

Martinez, Steer
    Robertson, Chilwell, Saiss, KWP, Mitchell
    Salah, Son, Pulisic, Grealish, Trossard
    Kane, DCL, Brewster.

Alternatively Saiss to Coady gives me TAA rather than Robbo

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ok, tear this apart:

Martinez, Steer
    Kane, DCL, Brewster.

Really like this, hard to find fault with it!

Ok, tear this apart:

Martinez, Steer
    Kane, DCL, Brewster.

Need to get rid of mitchell. Dead weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is Brewster likely to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ok, tear this apart:

Martinez, Steer
    Kane, DCL, Brewster.

Team looks good - but things change quickly in this game,
    Will Pullisic start and have the same form as end of last season?
    Do you have Brewster because he's an enabler, or because he might get game time - and if he does - that' going to be annoying each week in terms of benching.

But based on current from and other options it's well balanced.

Advertisement