Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Hard to escape from covid talk on rte...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Talking to the most boring churn on any media platform....Dermot O’ Leary.

And making a bollox of it.

Was he on the late late show as well, getting their money's worth.

Is ray finished on TV for the foreseeable future. Here's hoping.:)

In terms of his radio efforts , how has he not been snapped up by international media outlets.:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Clon63

Just announced that the Den with himself Zig and Zag and Dustion is coming back live on Sunday evenings at 6.30pm.

Not a fan of Ray and never watched his chat show but I guess that is the end of it - probably a good thing. At least Ray can justify his mega salary now without doing the chat show.

Looking forward to seeing the Den again - back to my childhood

Clon63 wrote: »
    Just announced that the Den with himself Zig and Zag and Dustion is coming back live on Sunday evenings at 6.30pm.

Not a fan of Ray and never watched his chat show but I guess that is the end of it - probably a good thing. At least Ray can justify his mega salary now without doing the chat show.

Have they a new voice actor for Dustin? He sounded completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭leath_dub

It's good that RTE have finally realised Ray's level - playing straight man to 3 lumps of upholstery rather than displaying his innate dullness whenever he has to talk to adults.

The only pity is the Den isn't coming back 5 days a week in it's original slot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

But why though? What purpose is it serving in 2020? Also where's bloody Zuppy?

Leave the memories for those old enough to remember the Den alone, god damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Usually these RTE Nostalgia comeback fests don't last long: Zig & Zag, Podge & Rodge etc - I'll give it 1 season and it will be axed.

Brilliant memories - but some things are best left as they were 30 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I'll admit the lively aspect of the den suits ray better, his problems seem to fall down to live interviewing and trying to manage the control panel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

They must have gotten great feedback about their appearance on Comic Relief so are resurrecting it

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    They must have gotten great feedback about their appearance on Comic Relief so are resurrecting it

Yes it was good - only for that 10 minutes or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

leath_dub wrote: »
    It's good that RTE have finally realised Ray's level - playing straight man to 3 lumps of upholstery rather than displaying his innate dullness whenever he has to talk to adults.

The only pity is the Den isn't coming back 5 days a week in it's original slot
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    But why though? What purpose is it serving in 2020? Also where's bloody Zuppy?

Leave the memories for those old enough to remember the Den alone, god damn it.

It'll be a shadow of its former self.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

sligojoek wrote: »

Now if Ian Dempsey was involved....

sligojoek wrote: »

Bit like Ray then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

ILikeBoats wrote: »

I wonder was it the bit when he said some children won't be able to see their grandparents again because they are dead.

I'm actually looking forward to resurrection of the Den. There's seriously little to laugh about these times, and I hope Dustin sends up a few of the RTÉ presenters.

Ray mentioning about Christmas now. It's big on the RTÉ agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

"Our post person" flogged to death in the first few minutes, anything to avoid saying postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,908 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Have they a new voice actor for Dustin? He sounded completely different.

Voice actor???
    You mean he's not real?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Letters to Santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Francis Brennan the star attraction today. Mustn't have been interviewed on an RTE program since last week.

• Advertisement

amlinopta wrote: »
    Francis Brennan the star attraction today. Mustn't have been interviewed on an RTE program since last week.

Yes..He was on the late late show last Friday and on Dave Fanning on 2FM the following day

Gerry Daly sounds either like he's had a stroke or is terrible pissed.

You'd swear they weren't paying or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,728 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This singer talked a load of crap last Friday night. Say her name...

amlinopta wrote: »

How does he get so much attention from the media.

His hotel is €500 per night for B&B for next Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,594 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This accent is the world‘a most contrived and irritating..

That manly D4 accent..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭elperello

imme wrote: »
    How does he get so much attention from the media.

His hotel is €500 per night for B&B for next Friday and Saturday.

Maybe because he's confident, chatty and the camera loves him.

The Brennans run a really good hotel.

Rooms are sold according to demand like hotels all over the world.

You can get better value mid-week.

elperello wrote: »
    Maybe because he's confident, chatty and the camera loves him.

The Brennans run a really good hotel.

Rooms are sold according to demand like hotels all over the world.

You can get better value mid-week.

A search for 6 & 7 October, Tuesday and Wednesday, comes out at €720 per night.:pac:

It is a 5 star hotel.

I think the media could give some other hotels a chance.

There are other hotels in Ireland you know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭elperello

imme wrote: »
    A search for 6 & 7 October, Tuesday and Wednesday, comes out at €720 per night.:pac:

It is a 5 star hotel.

I think the media could give some other hotels a chance.

There are other hotels in Ireland you know. ;)

Are you looking to get away?

Try Hotels.com.

Don't worry, there will be another hotelier with a bit of spark and go about him along eventually and then Francis will get back to the day job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

walshb wrote: »
    This accent is the world‘a most contrived and irritating..That manly D4 accent..

To be fair, she does seem like a nice girl. But yeah, that accent is something to behold.

• Advertisement

elperello wrote: »
    Are you looking to get away?

Try Hotels.com.

Don't worry, there will be another hotelier with a bit of spark and go about him along eventually and then Francis will get back to the day job.

Francis obviously has great PR people.

You said the camera loves him in an earlier post, thanks for the laugh :D.

The Ray D'Arcy show was lazy putting on the same old inoffensive rubbish.

Francis was on the Tubridy radio show in recent weeks and on the Late Late if I'm not mistaken.

Francis has good PR.

Advertisement