Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭Raoul

Raoul wrote: »
    Murph really annoyed me yesterday or maybe it was the day before. Ken was talking about Michael Collins when they were talking about Doherty or Dockerty. Ken was about to start talking about something completely ridiculous about being down by the statue or something and Murph just had to interject and talk over him. Murphs point was right but whatever, it's entertainment and that's what Ken provides. I want to know what the statue ****e talk was. :(

Email them

I wasn't the one that emailed in. :D

Just in case the lads do read the thread. Stop the rugby chat please! It bores the arse off me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think some of them look at the thread every so often. But anyone doing podcasts/tv/movies or anything like that are told to ignore online criticism from social media. Which is fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think some of them look at the thread every so often. But anyone doing podcasts/tv/movies or anything like that are told to ignore online criticism from social media. Which is fair enough.

Some of it is very constructive though

Really enjoyed the coverage of Dundalk's European success on today's pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'd say Ken is the only person in the world happier than Slaven Bilic right now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

I'd say Ken is the only person in the world happier than Slaven Bilic right now:D

Frank does look hilarious when he is loosing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Hammy Habraham saves the day.

I looked at a reddit thread after the Chelsea game, they mag have got the draw, but Chelsea fans are turning on Lampard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What's the beef between Pat Kenny and the lads? I'm sure it stemmed from something years ago, but dunno what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Cant wait to hear Ken's full version of New York :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Not many things more dull than people talking about VAR/rules of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What's the beef between Pat Kenny and the lads? I'm sure it stemmed from something years ago, but dunno what it is.

I don't think there's genuine beef there. I vaguely remember that there was some slot they used to occasionally do while working for Newstalk that picked out Kenny's latest Partridge moment and had a mocking jingle to go with it, but it felt a bit put on, like it mightn't have actually been their idea - some marketing genius in the station thought it up kind of thing.

I think they just have a few audio beds of Kenny saying stupid things, because he's often unintentionally hilarious in his pompous gormlessness - but I don't think there's genuine animosity there.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Arghus wrote: »
    I don't think there's genuine beef there. I vaguely remember that there was some slot they used to occasionally do while working for Newstalk that picked out Kenny's latest Partridge moment and had a mocking jingle to go with it, but it felt a bit put on, like it mightn't have actually been their idea - some marketing genius in the station thought it up kind of thing.

I think they just have a few audio beds of Kenny saying stupid things, because he's often unintentionally hilarious in his pompous gormlessness - but I don't think there's genuine animosity there.

Cheap shot!

Cheap shot!

Don't treat me like a fool.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Is it true Gavin Henson goes into Church after every match?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Good clean fun, with Pat Kenny was the jokey thing they did in the good ol days

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Is it true Gavin Henson goes into Church after every match?

Was it Des Cahill who had to explain the joke to him?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was it Des Cahill who had to explain the joke to him?

Can't remember exactly but there was a moment of awkward silence before Des responded to him.

Fill me King.

Ken was 100% spot on with the problem with the handball rules

Paddy Kenny photo https://robertatkinson61.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/fatpaddy.jpg?w=640

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

MORE KEN SINGING PLEASE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

Cienciano wrote: »

In my wildest imagination I didn't expect it to be quite that bad :eek:

elefant wrote: »
    In my wildest imagination I didn't expect it to be quite that bad :eek:

Yeah me neither. Does anyone have the ones of him with the boots?

If he does listen to the podcast, I can't imagine him picking up the phone to do the interview now :D:D

Arghus wrote: »
    Don't treat me like a fool.

No not you, ME!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

No not you, ME!

I never understood that line

Beersmith wrote: »
    I never understood that line

Pat Kenny was reading a message from a listener, who was slagging him. He was reading the message out loud to a guest, and was just clarifying to the guest that the insults were to himself and not the guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Pat Kenny was reading a message from a listener, who was slagging him.

"You have the charisma of a sick bag" How did the guest reckon that was aimed at him rather than the Plank?:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Obrieski wrote: »
    MORE KEN SINGING PLEASE!!!

Got Ken doing a bit of Billy Joel today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Didn't Ken sing Power of Love by Frankie Goes To Hollywood on one of the Christmas episodes a few years ago haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

humberklog wrote: »
    Got Ken doing a bit of Billy Joel today.

Did I miss that, our just already forget about it?

Advertisement