Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ordered stuff on Monday and yesterday. All delivery dates are 25th. Very standard items which are in normal stock. And, no movement yet.

I regret buying Prime for the month to see if they'd arrive faster.

Worth getting onto Amazon, I compained about my Prime subscription being essentially useless at the moment and they refunded me this months bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking that they'd play the "You accepted the order knowing it was arriving on the XXth" and having no leg to stand on.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Still no sign of my package ordered the 2nd. Sitting at St Helens since the 5th. If it hasn't arrived by tomorrow I can request a refund. I'm assuming it may still arrive even with the refund? I need what I ordered but don't need 2 of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Will I really get this tomorrow? No other tracking points.
    Zusj9G9.png

You should. I've noticed that it sometimes changes later in the day and it changes.
    I've had some items change to 'Out for Delivery' on the day of delivery.
    This was before Christmas, mind you, but I'd expect the same.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking that they'd play the "You accepted the order knowing it was arriving on the XXth" and having no leg to stand on.

Yes, that point was made, but my counter argument was that I signed up in good faith that I would be getting most of my orders in 48 hours whereas at the moment, I cannot find a single item that has a delivery expectation of witihin 10 days. Stress the point that you are not getting what you signed up for which is 100% true.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

antodeco wrote: »
    Still no sign of my package ordered the 2nd. Sitting at St Helens since the 5th. If it hasn't arrived by tomorrow I can request a refund. I'm assuming it may still arrive even with the refund? I need what I ordered but don't need 2 of them!
    I wonder what happens if you request a refund and it's being delivered by Amazon. Do they have the ability to intercept it in transit and send it back?

I've generally found that you will receive the item and have to return it before a refund can be issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

steve-o wrote: »
    I wonder what happens if you request a refund and it's being delivered by Amazon. Do they have the ability to intercept it in transit and send it back?
    Last time I did that (Cancelled the order while in transit, using the corresponding option on amazon) it left the driver totally confused as they had not been aware this was possible. He had to make several calls and it took a few weeks for the refund to be issued. But hopefully they got that process sorted out by now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

1huge1 wrote: »
    I've generally found that you will receive the item and have to return it before a refund can be issued.

Slightly different though. Once I request a refund I got the money typically within a day or 2. So I could request a refund and then a few days later it could arrive. I just need the item I ordered, but will try get it from somewhere else, as it'll take a month to get here again otherwise!

• Advertisement

1huge1 wrote: »
    Yes, that point was made, but my counter argument was that I signed up in good faith that I would be getting most of my orders in 48 hours whereas at the moment, I cannot find a single item that has a delivery expectation of witihin 10 days. Stress the point that you are not getting what you signed up for which is 100% true.
    Feckers. The agent detailed that I didn't accept the fastest shipping speed (it was the only one, the default) and that other circumstances affect times.
    I tried all of the above.

I'll reattempt it later today with a different agent and hopefully it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

Amazon together with other Uk retailers are using a new advance system from both revenue and AnPost.

I am open to correction but my understanding is that since launch of the new facilities in Dublin Amazon does most of the lifting.

For customs you can see this if you look at your package, it now has an additional barcode label which does not show the same number as the tracking number or the order number.

Amazon gets the stuff into the county in bulk via both road and air and than it’s handed over to AnPost (small packages for example in Parkwest which is why you see as it’s the first AnPost track or large packages in Dublin).

If you are in Dublin than Amazon does not even invoke AnPost and does the last mile delivery themselves (outsourced to Parcelking who used Amazon Last miles technology).

Now I am not privy to the info of AnPost still does the heavy lifting from UK to Ireland but my understanding is that AnPost has lost that contract (together with the delivery in Dublin).

Customs will only ever look at this for spot checks or if they have intelligence to some wrongdoing, they have years of experience.

If your first Irish AnPost tracking is Portlaouise than your parcel came in some other route and will be custom cleared there. If your Amazon parcel is going Dublin to Portlaouise than there is something wrong in my experience.

Now obviously it is not always that easy as in the simple scenario where the sender paid the VAT and dues (or no VAT due or no duty due) which is why those take longer but revenue has invested significant funds into a fully automated system. Are there kinks of cause but unless there is an issue with the goods it should be plain sailing.

Now when it comes to goods that Amazon sells that are not of UK origin and require duties, that has to be seen, I so far have not purchased those goods.

Did my homework and read the revenue guidance for bulk mailing etc.. It seems amazon etc have a much simplified procedure and a trusted trader status.. Would love to see how their first revenue audit goes though! Would think a lot of Amazon product is not of UK origin but will be declared as such..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I've ordered five things this month. Two from the start of the month arrived later than the estimated date. Took about 10 days total.

Third one was dispatched last week and hasn't moved from Kent since.

Other two orders made on Sunday giving 15 days for delivery time.

I'll give it a bit of time to see how it goes but if it doesn't improve I'll be cancelling my Prime membership. Wish I didn't get so used to the 1-2 day deliveries before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

So the parcel that was in Dublin since Monday now suddenly says they made and attempt of delivery today and that I should contact AnPost for further assistance.

That concludes all my shopping since the last week of December once I sort out what ever was wrong with the delivery today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Was looking forward to my first delivery of the year. Received an email this morning to say package delivered. Now I have to figure out who they delivered to. Not my house for sure. Checked with some of the neighbours and nothing there. The tracking started with GA so it was Amazon's own delivery guys. Customer service said they would refund me if it doesn't show up by Friday. Great start to the new year :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I ordered a Monitor yesterday and was not charged and told i would receive an email with estimated delivery date. Email received today with a date between 5th and 9th of Feb. As a prime member to wait this long for delivery is crazy. I cancelled the order. If this is the future of Amazon i'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I ordered a watch on 3rd of January from a bargain alert on HUKD. It has been stuck in St Helens since the 3rd. It was supposed to be delivered by yesterday and today I was able to claim a refund and was informed that if I received it I could refuse delivery or send it back. What happens if I don't send it back?

Interestingly, the watch was supposed to be about £170, but this was broken down to £140 + £30 import fees deposit. The £140 was originally taken, but not the £30. The refund notice said that £170 would be refunded, but the refund has yet to land, so not sure how that will pan out yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They'll charge you for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

whiterebel wrote: »
    They'll charge you for it.

What about if there are no funds on the card, or if the card is a one use virtual, or frozen, or simply removed from the account? None of these apply to my case, and I do hope I do still receive the watch and will happily pay for it, but I am wondering what recourse they would have? I certainly wouldn't be going to the trouble or arranging a return myself, especially if it involved having to visit a Post Office while isolating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Annoying :mad: .. although I'd been stocking up just in case lol.

"We apologise for the inconvenience, our priority is to ensure your subscriptions are delivered according to your delivery schedule.
    However, due to changes in the trading relationship between the EU and UK, the product NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Skinny Latte Macchiato Coffee Pods, 16 Capsules (Pack of 3, Total 48 Capsules, 24 Servings) is no-longer available for auto-delivery to your address, therefore your subscription has been cancelled"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I tried to order a cable storage box today (same I got last week) and it is now showing a 3 week lead time.

Same item from Amazon.de with premium langstrecke says 1 week and cost only 1€ more including premium shipping charge.

And that is taking the no vat into consideration!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Sigma101

I tried to order a cable storage box today (same I got last week) and it is now showing a 3 week lead time.

Same item from Amazon.de with premium langstrecke says 1 week and cost only 1€ more including premium shipping charge.

And that is taking the no vat into consideration!

Yes, estimated delivery time for in-stock printer cartridges for Prime customers has been pushed out to 22 days. I’m due a delivery tomorrow for an item ordered on 1st January. The order status “item has shipped” hasn’t changed since 6th January so I’m not hopeful. Looks like lead times are getting worse.

I was planning to hold on to Prime for a while longer – now I’m not so sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 PO!NT

All my current 6 orders dating Jan 10 have a delivery time of the Jan 29th.

this is pretty bad now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭corkie

Amazon.com order from the Jan 03

Processed on the 12th and delivered today 14th.

DHL tracking attached for anyone interested?

Paid amazon deposit. All customs must have been sorted electronically (only barcodes, no paperwork on/in the box)
    Order Summary
    Item(s) Subtotal: $55.99
    Shipping & Handling: $11.96
    Your Coupon Savings: -$8.00
    Total before tax: $59.95
    Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
    Import Fees Deposit $14.20
    Grand Total: $74.15

Paid €62.16

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 steve584

Ordered 3 items last Friday, delivery dates Monday 25th. Got onto Amazon to find out why they haven't even been shipped yet. Was told the items I ordered weren't available in a fulfilment centre near me and they had to be gotten from a different fulfilment centre.

I could possibly understand one item might have been awkward but the other 2 were micro sd cards. Though they'd be falling over them! I'm Prime too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

All subscriptions cancelled.
    Is Amazon France a viable replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Icepick wrote: »

If you are fluent in French - Maybe.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭corkie

Icepick wrote: »
    Ogham wrote: »
    If you are fluent in French - Maybe.
    :)

Amazon . de (has English option) would be another option but minimum of €8 on shipping.

No prime free deliveries outside of their region/countries.

On some items amazon . com can be just as cost effective and efficient.

Is it worth it to shop from amazon.de (or elsewhere) instead of uk?

Google chrome will translate other EU sites.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

Ordered something on the 10th from Amazon uk. Due to be delivered the 25th.

Dispatched yesterday but tracking immediately changed to say due for delivery the 27th. Should I expect more delays? I'm slightly annoyed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

PmMeUrDogs wrote: »
    Ordered something on the 10th from Amazon uk. Due to be delivered the 25th.

Dispatched yesterday but tracking immediately changed to say due for delivery the 27th. Should I expect more delays? I'm slightly annoyed :pac:

Yea, same story here. They're definitely doing Irish orders in batch...I don't know how much of a science is behind their expected dates. My sister lives in Scotland and same item to her address would be next day. So these items are definitely sitting in the Amazon UK warehouses ready to go. Hopefully it's just a January setback..

Advertisement