Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I think I'll go back to Alison Curtis, is this a womens program?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Ayuntamiento

@For Forks Sake you've got it 100% right there. Johnathon Healy was always the weakest link in their weekday schedule. Hence why he was shuffled off. That awful midday programme was like trying to listen to a low budget radio show staffed by transition year students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

That's what annoys me about Newstalk. The presenters don't even pretend to be neutral. I don't remember Pat Kenny being as opinionated when he was on RTE. He was a better presenter for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Newstalk pc gay agenda being pedalled hard by Jonathan Healy.

Deedsie wrote: »
    There is no gay agenda. People are gay or they are not gay.

There is a pro-gay agenda in the media and Newstalk in particular and if you haven't noticed I'm surprised.

• Advertisement

Deedsie wrote: »
    Making up for years of discrimination against gay people perhaps?

Ah, come on. Live and let live is my motto but I'm sick and tired of the promotion of the gay agenda. And just for those dying to to label me - I'm not homophobic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Why again does Noeleen Blackwell assume that all men are potential rapists, and that women have no responsibility for having sex? She seems to think that all young women are chaste young virgins, like they probably were back in her day.... in the Nunnery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Newstalk pc gay agenda being pedalled hard by Jonathan Healy.

shinner bashing and pushing pregnant lesbians.

its like the editorial takes place in the LAB party canteen.

:D

i had to laugh at the moaning in the item though. they KNEW the procedure was banned here and as such the leglislation was non existant so they feck off to ANOTHER jurisdiction to do it...

...and moan about the non existant legislation here.

feirce smell off this one of another SJW type trying to create a problem.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Why again does Noeleen Blackwell assume that all men are potential rapists, and that women have no responsibility for having sex? She seems to think that all young women are chaste young virgins, like they probably were back in her day.... in the Nunnery.

Yeah what was the phrase she kept on using, something like "the onus is one the one wanting to have sex", that she was using in relation to men only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

This gender quota nonsense is gettin beyond tedious and it's only just after 9. Why they get this windbag on to discuss it when she wouldn't know a golf ball from a football boot is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

This gender quota nonsense is gettin beyond tedious and it's only just after 9. Why they get this windbag on to discuss it when she wouldn't know a golf ball from a football boot is ridiculous.
    De wafflin from Joan Burton is just silly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

An "oooo-oooh" from Pat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Its good to bring it up in a near prime time slot, identity politics are fairly dangerous and must be treated with disdain. Negative publicity and pressure on the minister is the only thing the little progressive head on him will understand.

One would hope the good folk in the GAA and IRFU supported areas of Limerick take him out next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Kenny's losing the run of himself, re "interview" with Joan Burton, who is so much calmer than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Hilarious to hear all the "poor" whingeing landlords texting in to Pat this morning. "Aithníonn ciaróg ..." and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Good man Pat, the man to get the nation united on a single front.....let's all find out what direction your dog faces when he's out having a ****. Worth every cent of those wages right there.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Good man Pat, the man to get the nation united on a single front.....let's all find out what direction your dog faces when he's out having a ****. Worth every cent of those wages right there.

Lucky that his wages are none of your concern then. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Excellent discussion on the proposed National Children's Hospital. I feel Dr. Finn Breathnach talks a lot of sense, if only the powers that be would listen to him and his concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Excellent discussion on the proposed National Children's Hospital. I feel Dr. Finn Breathnach talks a lot of sense, if only the powers that be would listen to him and his concerns.

Agreed. Tens of millions more about to be wasted because "they know best".:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Another "Behave yourselves at the Christmas party lads!" piece today... How f*cking raucous is the NT party that they're so obsessed with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Agreed. Tens of millions more about to be wasted because "they know best".:(

Who is they? This sounds like trumpian rejection of expertise. An expert group honestly and transparently reviewed all sites and selected St. James's. Do you have a reason to doubt their sincerity or ability?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Who is they? This sounds like trumpian rejection of expertise. An expert group honestly and transparently reviewed all sites and selected St. James's. Do you have a reason to doubt their sincerity or ability?

" They" are the morons bulldozing a national childerens hospital into an already overcrowded site in the middle of an already overcrowded city. I don't know why they're doing this, and YES I do doubt their sincerity and ability. There are other places to build the hospital but I think there are ulterior motives for shoehorning it onto the St.James site. Have you forgotten the millions that were wasted on Thornton Hall site...??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

I think anyone who has even given this issue even a passing glance can see that (poor) politics have guided this crazy decision and not optimal healthcare provision and medical value for money.

Essentially the Children's hospital came up under Bertie's watch and so any reason to site it in or near his constituency was the right reason. A children's hospital needed to be sited with a maternity hospital, so they jumped on this by extending that into a full services hospital, then they layered on a few other makey uppy (or bent) criteria, into a brief for an expert report that validated the political chosen James' site with criteria put forward by the same politicians/officials and establishment politicos (e.g. Leading jame's Medics, other vested interests, etc).

Most sensible people realise that a tallaght or blanchardstown location would probably provide the best balance of state of the art facility, co-location with a modern maternity hospital, scalability to expand and access for all the population of the state. Instead we're ending up with a politically driven, overly expensive, non scaleable, outmoded, cluster f***!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Pat's "law of unintended consequences" phrase is becoming almost as annoying as Joe's "so to speak", so to speak.

Pat's "law of unintended consequences" phrase is becoming almost as annoying as Joe's "so to speak", so to speak.
    I've been listening to Katie on the National Broadcaster, Harry. Please tell me that I haven't missed Pat's item on How to spend Christmas with your family without having to call in the UN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I've been listening to Katie on the National Broadcaster, Harry. Please tell me that I haven't missed Pat's item on How to spend Christmas with your family without having to call in the UN :D

Up next, Lady C.

*Takes out notebook :D

Christ, the vegans were less than pleased at the Christmas bit earlier. :pac:

They're a humourless bunch god bless 'em.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Christ, the vegans were less than pleased at the Christmas bit earlier. :pac:

They're a humourless bunch god bless 'em.
    And what about the suggestion that we should ditch the presents and meet someone for a walk instead. Dear God, where do Newstalk get these 'experts' from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

And what about the suggestion that we should ditch the presents and meet someone for a walk instead. Dear God, where do Newstalk get these 'experts' from.

Don't be too hasty there. I think this is a great idea. It would save me a fortune, but shure that's an unintended consequence as Pat himself might say.

Advertisement