Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Anyone in public appointment services tomorrow for their written report/group exercise/interview? :)

Good luck tomorrow buddy!

Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stephenwrx

farrelly90 wrote: »
    Had my medical on Friday, does anyone know how long I’ll be waiting to be called for my physical?

I WAITED ABOUT 2 MONTHS!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gmanno1

Had my medical on Friday, does anyone know how long I’ll be waiting to be called for my physical?

I'd say January or Feb, IPS should give you a good idea...they've always been helpful when I've ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Does anyone have an idea of when the new campaign in 2019 will open up ?? I know the IPS are running one just not sure of the date ..

• Advertisement

Any one here have their interview this week? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Anyone who had there interview just before Christmas have any idea when we get the results ? I forgot to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Can I ask what way does the medical work do you pay the doctor and then claim it back.

Does the doctor need to send of the form to the CMO or can you send it yourself.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Jakeren7 wrote: »
    Can I ask what way does the medical work do you pay the doctor and then claim it back.

Does the doctor need to send of the form to the CMO or can you send it yourself.
    Thanks

The doctor sends the form off. It must be a doctor on the list provided.

You can claim the doctor fee later on.

The hearing test will cost you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Hi all, in relation to vetting, does anyone know if this goes to the Gardai or to someother crowd? I'm reliably informed my vetting has not gone to the Garda vetting unit and I did my interview in June. I was onto IPS about a month ago and I was told its not back yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Thanks

You get a list of doctors to go to, but the IPS pay for it and the doctor sends both off for you. If I were you I would get the hearing test done first and then bring that to the doctor and he will send both of them off. You have to pay for the hearing test.

just got my results from My interview just before christmas
    Jumped up to low 30s in oom was at 300s
    Anyone any idea what kind of timescale im looking at ?
    i thought my interviews was a disaster

I just jumped from 370s to in the first 10 :O cant believe it!!! Congrats everyone!!

Congratulations folks. I did my interview in June and placed in top 20. Got notification of medical with a week of been told I passed interview. Had 6 weeks to complete medical and return to CMO.. Was told I passed medical about two weeks after dated passed to have everything in and then got about 4 weeks notice before PCT. I'm waiting on clearance now! Well done again

Congratulations folks. I did my interview in June and placed in top 20. Got notification of medical with a week of been told I passed interview. Had 6 weeks to complete medical and return to CMO.. Was told I passed medical about two weeks after dated passed to have everything in and then got about 4 weeks notice before PCT. I'm waiting on clearance now! Well done again

Did you get an email to say you passed the medical or a letter? I done my medical at the end of November and haven’t heard anything as of yet.

Did you get an email to say you passed the medical or a letter? I done my medical at the end of November and haven’t heard anything as of yet.

I got an email to say I passed medical and a invitation to PCT. All in the one email.

I got an email to say I passed medical and a invitation to PCT. All in the one email.

Ah very good. I’m still waiting to hear results of medical but the doctor said I passed anyway, whether that makes a difference or not!?

Ah very good. I’m still waiting to hear results of medical but the doctor said I passed anyway, whether that makes a difference or not!?

I'd say your good. As far as I know, CMO will contact you if there's a problem and if you haven't heard anything by now I'd say your good to go. IPS probably just waiting on numbers and sorting logistics for PCT before getting in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Anybody get word to start in the February class?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stephenwrx

Paddy 42 wrote: »

Patiently waiting ... have you checked to see is your clearance back yet?

• Advertisement

Have you the PCT done long ago? Are you starting in February?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

I was successful at interview that I done before Xmas. Any idea of the time frame for being called for medical and physical?? Does anyone know the training dates for 2019?? Feb and anything else??

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gmanno1

Redzer99 wrote: »
    I was successful at interview that I done before Xmas. Any idea of the time frame for being called for medical and physical?? Does anyone know the training dates for 2019?? Feb and anything else??

Well done on passing,

You can ring IPS they can give you a good guide line. I would say PCT either march or April then training in the end of summer(if you're lucky).......but doesn't really matter about the oom number it's all about your security clearance for your start in the IPC.

Think the training is every 2 months, so

Jan
    March
    May
    So on

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Allo1976

Happy New Year Folks !! Heres hoping for some speedy security clearance soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SHANES1990

Yes pal 18th I think

It’s a long wait, I done my interview early July and have just done my medical last week

just wondering and im not asking for people to disclose publicly there information here but anyone who passed there interviews from wexford area ? just wondering f we are successful in medical and fitness do people car pool etc ?

It’s a long wait, I done my interview early July and have just done my medical last week

Oh really???? I'll sit patiently so!!!

Oh really???? I'll sit patiently so!!!

Waiting now to hear date for PCT

• Advertisement

Waiting now to hear date for PCT

Has your Garda clearance come back yet or is it still outstanding?

Advertisement