Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Best of luck to all doing the PCT tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Allo1976

Got word my clearance is back , hoping for feb start, whopppp

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Allo1976 wrote: »

Ah brilliant! When did you do the interview and the pct?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

Congrats! Great news for ya. Did u ring them up to find out or did they contact you? I rang Monday, still not back

E-mailed x

• Advertisement

E-mailed x

Interviewed july, pct dec

Interviewed july, pct dec

Yeah I was the same. Did you email them or did they contact you out of the blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

I did my interview in June and PCT in October and I'm still waiting. I was told by a detective friend that my file has not been sent to Garda vetting(He checked this very recently) I contacted IPS recently and I was advised clearance not back. It's a pain waiting!! Anybody from June still waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

That’s brilliant! Happy days :) how did you find the PCT?

• Advertisement

Does anybody have the number for the CMO?

Cmo.gov.ie ( you will get it from that)

Anybody else have their physical on the 7th of Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lfcsean101

Silly question and would appreciate some help
    Past interview in December and I know I have an awful long way still to go but the only thing is as a family we haven’t been away in years and I have a holiday in May and a weekend away in June all booked and paid for What happens if I am called before June am I Goosed and have to put Job aura dof famly time or do I let them
    Know after passing medical and fitness or what ?
    I really want the Job but as a family we need these breaks
    Appreciate any feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

lfcsean101 wrote: »
    Silly question and would appreciate some help
    Past interview in December and I know I have an awful long way still to go but the only thing is as a family we haven’t been away in years and I have a holiday in May and a weekend away in June all booked and paid for What happens if I am called before June am I Goosed and have to put Job aura dof famly time or do I let them
    Know after passing medical and fitness or what ?
    I really want the Job but as a family we need these breaks
    Appreciate any feedback

Well done on passing so far. When you do the PCT you will also do an orientation which consists of a tour of Midlands Prison and a classroom talk with a Chief Officer. Now I can't say for sure but the impression I got was if you had something planned prior to training like an operation. If there's a bereavement then they will let you off too. There was no mention of Holiday arrangements. In saying all that, you can ask on the day of your PCT and you'll get a straight answer.If you get an offer to start you can also mention it then and maybe defer until the next class. With abit of luck the timing will work out for you. I'm pretty sure you can defer your PCT if it happens to be while your away too. Not sure about medical. Best of luck

U have the option to defer your start date

Anyone have the email address for contacting Irish prison services in regards to next stages and so on? Thanks :)

What stage of the campaign are you currently at?
    If you post your questions on here I'm sure that other candidates can advise or answer them?

Paddy 42 wrote: »
    What stage of the campaign are you currently at?
    If you post your questions on here I'm sure that other candidates can advise or answer them?

I’ve passed interview and just wanted to query had they got an estimated time of how long I’ll be wait to here in relation to the next stage :)

Well done congrats.
    Next stage so will be :

: Medical then PCT
    It's not possible to give an accurate time frame on when you will be called for both medical and pct,as this depends entirely on when IPS decide to put more candidates forward to do them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Jakeren7

Just got email for physical 7th February

Jakeren7 wrote: »

Happy days :) where abouts is your OOM If ya don’t mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 1981rob

Hi guys. Does anyone know what company is doing the vetting. I'd like to get in touch to see is everything on order. I'm just weary they will skip over If you you got details wrong etc.

I got the email last week. Looking forward to it. You doing much training?

farrelly90 wrote: »
    I got the email last week. Looking forward to it. You doing much training?

I’ve been doing a bit but will have to get going on the running

Does anyone know when the next class is due to start

Does anyone know when the next class is due to start

Think it’s February 18th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

Hi guys I’m just after getting my results for the interview and I passed can someone explain the order of merit system ? Is it the order of merit for the day in which you are interviewed or is it the order or merit for the campaign ?

MCBRENNAN wrote: »
    Hi guys I’m just after getting my results for the interview and I passed can someone explain the order of merit system ? Is it the order of merit for the day in which you are interviewed or is it the order or merit for the campaign ?

OOM is for the whole campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    OOM is for the whole campaign.

Sorry just don't understand how it's over the whole campaign.? I just found out I'm OOM 7 but I only just done my interview last week surely there's people from previous interviews that are a higher OOM than me and would have completed their fitness and stuff already? I assume the OOM is taken from the batch they interviewed that particular time? I just don't understand.?

Advertisement