Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer recruitment 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Precal 2018

Just been onto IPS this morning and i was told the class for January 14th is full and the next one is February 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

I’ve my medical Friday, anyone know when the next pct could be? Presuming the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SteveFlah

I was on to IPS the other day and i think they said the next PCT is Jan 10th. Does anybody know what point on the pay scale would a Garda with 12years service enter at?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy1507

SteveFlah wrote: »
    I was on to IPS the other day and i think they said the next PCT is Jan 10th. Does anybody know what point on the pay scale would a Garda with 12years service enter at?
    At the bottom like everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Paddy1507 wrote: »
    At the bottom like everyone else

Correct you join as an rpo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Sparks21

I did my medical and audiogram in October. The medical examiner informed me that he would post the relevant forms to IPS. I am yet to hear anything back from IPS. Anyone else in the same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 1981rob

Sparks21 wrote: »
    I did my medical and audiogram in October. The medical examiner informed me that he would post the relevant forms to IPS. I am yet to hear anything back from IPS. Anyone else in the same boat?

I was the same the doctor used the short version on my first name and the audiologists did my full name. I had to ring the doctor again and ask to send it on again. They also lost my pre employment questionnaire. I’d advise everyone to ring up and check if it’s all received.

1981rob wrote: »
    I was the same the doctor used the short version on my first name and the audiologists did my full name. I had to ring the doctor again and ask to send it on again. They also lost my pre employment questionnaire. I’d advise everyone to ring up and check if it’s all received.

Did you have to ring them to find out this? I’ve my medical Friday so want to make sure I have everything for it sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 1981rob

farrelly90 wrote: »
    Did you have to ring them to find out this? I’ve my medical Friday so want to make sure I have everything for it sorted.

It’s still going on. I rang again yesterday to find out if they got it. The doctor is saying he sent it and the CMO is saying they didn’t receive it. They will not accept email copies so he has to send it for a 3rd time. 👎ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭noker

Have just got my security clearance. Interview was in June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Stephenwrx

AND WERE YOU IN THE FEB 2018 COMPETITION?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Luckymummy

I have my interview, group exercise and report writing in Jan can anyone who has done it on me pm with exactly what’s expected please?

Ye Feb 2018 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

noker wrote: »
    Ye Feb 2018 campaign

Good to hear you got word back. Did IPS call or email you to let you know your clearance came back. I'm still waiting, was interviewed in June and have everything else done since October!

I rang them

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

I rang them

Cool, thanks for that. Best of luck when you start training.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Gmanno1

I rang them

Where abouts are you in the oom

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭weadick

Are there still many people applying with view to transferring to Cork or Limerick prisons down the line? With the cost of accommodation in Dublin lately I can't imagine too many people will still be able to stump up five or ten years waiting to get down.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuckHuntMadra

weadick wrote: »
    Are there still many people applying with view to transferring to Cork or Limerick prisons down the line? With the cost of accommodation in Dublin lately I can't imagine too many people will still be able to stump up five or ten years waiting to get down.

Honestly I wouldn’t base any decisions on it such is the expectation management from the service. 5 years would be a very generous estimate too. It would definitely lean towards 10. You would also need to consider the list expanding as the new recruits arrive in.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

You would also need to consider the list expanding as the new recruits arrive in.
    Recruits joining after you will have no bearing on your place on the list.

There are people gone to Limerick and Castlerea this year with 8 years service, there will likely be at least 1 recruit getting to Cork next year, such is the rate of retirement there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

Good to hear you got word back. Did IPS call or email you to let you know your clearance came back. I'm still waiting, was interviewed in June and have everything else done since October!

I'm still waiting since February for clearance part of the 2016 campaign. Not sure how people from 2018 are getting clearance already.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭JKerova1

wexfjord wrote: »

There are people gone to Limerick and Castlerea this year with 8 years service, there will likely be at least 1 recruit getting to Cork next year, such is the rate of retirement there.

I've heard of people waiting 10-15 years waiting to get to Cork.

gavdolfini wrote: »
    I'm still waiting since February for clearance part of the 2016 campaign. Not sure how people from 2018 are getting clearance already.

Have you rang IPS

JKerova1 wrote:
    I've heard of people waiting 10-15 years waiting to get to Cork.

That is correct but you will sporadically hear of junior staff getting down depending on the situation at that time. (with 30 odd retirements imminent in Cork, there is an rpo in the top 20 for Cork. He will still be an rpo when he gets there, if you were top 20 for an open centre however, you'd likely be looking at another couple of years)

7 years ago there were recruits in Castlerea, it's an anomaly and certainly not something you can count on.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Stephenwrx

gavdolfini wrote: »

Jes that’s some wait ... have you rang the IPS and what OOM were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DuckHuntMadra

wexfjord wrote: »

Good feedback, thanks. What about recruits before you? Eg. if you are in a class later in the year , will the Jan/February recruits have a higher standing in the list?

Good feedback, thanks. What about recruits before you? Eg. if you are in a class later in the year , will the Jan/February recruits have a higher standing in the list?

^^I'm out.^^

The fact is there's big movement at the moment due to retirements, promotions and resultant recruitment. Rate of movement will vary from time to time.

Best of luck with it, Dublin isn't so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paddy 42

Did anybody who did the PCT earlier this month(December) receive word to start in the January class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

Stephenwrx wrote: »
    Jes that’s some wait ... have you rang the IPS and what OOM were you?

Yeah they said they are still waiting to close the 2016 campaign. Don't know how 2018 are getting clearance first. Frustrating

• Advertisement

Had my medical on Friday, does anyone know how long I’ll be waiting to be called for my physical?

Advertisement