Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It happened again. 2 1c items in tesco omni. You would think I was killing a puppy the way they acted, I am reporting the staff this time once I get home(or what I call home).

Please fill us in...... I love to know how they told you it was illegal to sell something for 1 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I will fill in later as my phone is out of power, Tetris 3D and Battleship PS3 were the games

Tried to buy Tetris for 3DS thinking it would scan at €5 or €3 only for it to scan at 1c the staff member told me she would be disciplined if she put the sale through only for her to call over the same senior staff member that last week told me that it was illegal to sell items at 1c, at this time I will add if there are any tesco staff senior or otherwise watching this thread please clarify either on thread or by pm how this could be construed as a logical statement.

The staff member seized Tetris and proceeded to remove all other copies from the shelf, I then bought my other items which were all above 1c, I went back to the games shelf found a copy of Ridge Racer 3D remembering it was €3 and spotted a copy of Battleship for PS3 which was posted on here a while back as being 1c, I went to a till this time rather than the selfscan and asked to buy both items, upon scanning Battleship the staff member looked like they were going to vomit, they fled to the nearest manager and were apparently told no the 1c item could not be sold, I asked this manager and was given a bull **** story that the game must now go back to the suppliers, a game that is long out of print might I add, I then went to the customer service desk where upon some arguing by the on duty manager offering to sell me the 1c games at the marked price on the shelf I left.

The till staff seem to be afraid to sell these items upon threat of being disciplined which makes no sense to me, on the tesco website it states if you order items online for collection you will be charged the price in which the item scans at upon collection which is why I myself continually question these methods of customer interaction.

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    I got that game today. It's yours if you want it.

Hello yes I would be very interested in the game please, I can post you the cash as I don't have paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Hello yes I would be very interested in the game please, I can post you the cash as I don't have paypal.
    I don't have paypal either so posting suits me better. I'll check with the post office tomorrow to check how much it costs to post and I'll let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Mayo Miss wrote: »
    I don't have paypal either so posting suits me better. I'll check with the post office tomorrow to check how much it costs to post and I'll let you know.

Congratulations now to find my self 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Anyone know of any zelda oot for a 5er in any tescos

None in the 7 I looked in round Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Tesco wexford - 50" LED TV - 499.99. Which more screen than border. Imagine.
    The TV in Wexford is €399.99 which is a great price for a 50" LED. The make is Blaupunkt.

The sound quality of the TV is sh¡te and would need to be connected to a surround-sound system or soundbar. The picture is OK and it does have a Saorview digital tuner built in.

Summary is: it's not spectacular, but a 50" LED was never going to be for under €400.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Few games in stock in Tesco killbarack

Got metroid and Leyton for a fiver each

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Few games in stock in Tesco killbarack

Got metroid and Leyton for a fiver each

That metroid prime trilogy ? if so could u pick me up 1 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Snake

What's with tescos seriously cheap stuff lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

^ Massive games clearance ... was talking to a staff member in Clearwater about it and he said "It's about time ... there were boxes and boxes of old games - PS2 etc in the stock room for years - all still marked full price on the shelves - they've finally got around to selling it all off" ...

Obviously whoever is deciding what stock they're clearing has mistakingly (or not) included some relatively new titles in the clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I hit 19 tescos in the Dublin region yesterday in my search for Metroid Prime Trilogy.
    None to be seen but Other M is in plenty of stores.
    Lots of Donkey Kong Jungle Beats, Alone in the Dark and Wii Music's out there too.
    All I managed to get was "De Blob 2" for 5Eur in Stillorgan and the "25th Anniversary Super Mario Allstars" in Ballybrack.
    The worst is coming on here and reading that people have bought 3 or 4 copies of Metroid for a fiver and then go on to adverts and see them selling them for 90+.
    I'd gladly pay up to 30 for one copy (which is what it cost originally in lots of places) and don't care if its sealed as I want to play it, not look at it forever in a sealed container.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Gutted to have missed this! :(

I hit 19 tescos in the Dublin region yesterday in my search for Metroid Prime Trilogy.
    Lots of Donkey Kong Jungle Beats, Alone in the Dark and Wii Music's out there too.
    All I managed to get was "De Blob 2" for 5Eur in Stillorgan and the "25th Anniversary Super Mario Allstars" in Ballybrack.
    The worst is coming on here and reading that people have bought 3 or 4 copies of Metroid for a fiver and then go on to adverts and see them selling them for 90+.
    I'd gladly pay up to 30 for one copy (which is what it cost originally in lots of places) and don't care if its sealed as I want to play it, not look at it forever in a sealed container.

How much did you pay for Mario Allstars?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

:eek:

Well for some that can spend a whole working day going to 20 tesco stores looking for a computer game!!

:eek:

Well for some that can spend a whole working day going to 20 tesco stores looking for a computer game!!

Took the day off work for an NCT and figured I shouldn't waste the day so went to do something productive and get some exercise. Twas a nice day for a spin on the bike so thought why not?

RobbingBandit: I think it was 10 for the All-stars. It was marked at 29.99 but scanned at 10. Last copy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

50'' Led Blaupunkt Tv for €399 in Tesco Douglas

Think I seen the Allstars in Maynooth will pop down after class at 1pm to check. Thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bizz213 wrote: »
    50'' Led Blaupunkt Tv for €399 in Tesco Douglas

Its a rebadged Beko. Avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

The 25th anniversary super Mario all stars is scanning @ €30 in ballybrack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Its a rebadged Beko. Avoid.

Have a cheap Beko I got that I thought wouldn't last, still going strong over 6 years later..I saw the 50" tv and the picture quality looked good to me, id be more inclined to buy it now knowing its a Beko

wilser wrote: »
    The 25th anniversary super Mario all stars is scanning @ €30 in ballybrack

Twas definitely a tenner yesterday.
    I'll try and post the receipt later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Flaregon wrote: »
    That metroid prime trilogy ? if so could u pick me up 1 ?

Got the last one that was there yesterday.

Will keep an eye out for another one

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Got the last one that was there yesterday.

Will keep an eye out for another one

Cool ty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I hit 19 tescos in the Dublin region yesterday in my search for Metroid Prime Trilogy

OMG. :eek:.
    At least you'll get fit.
    I wouldn't know where 19 Tesco stores were!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Have a cheap Beko I got that I thought wouldn't last, still going strong over 6 years later..I saw the 50" tv and the picture quality looked good to me, id be more inclined to buy it now knowing its a Beko

I've had 2 boards go- and the sound go in 3 sets over the past 12 years.
    I've nothing against Beko per se- they make very reasonable fridges, freezers and aircon systems- I just don't like their TVs and Radios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

I'm pretty sure there's a copy of the Metroid Prime Trilogy in Carlow, on a little yellow cardboard stand at the start of the second isle. I didn't realise it was anything special when I was scanning through the games earlier.

• Advertisement

brophs wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there's a copy of the Metroid Prime Trilogy in Carlow, on a little yellow cardboard stand at the start of the second isle. I didn't realise it was anything special when I was scanning through the games earlier.

I'll give you 25euro if you can pick it up for me please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement