Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Oreo cookies 86c a pack

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭crayon80

€1.04

IDShot_225x225.jpg

"share" bag - lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

All Milka 100g bars are 74c each (1/2 price)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭davehey79

Just popped in to get some Pepsi max and saw 6 cans for 3€ went to self service and scanned at .75cent. This was in Longford so may be nationwide glitch. Worth trying

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

sugarman wrote: »
    Did you happen to scan the barcode of the side of a can as opposed to the plastic pack?

Wouldn't it throw a wobbler when placed on the packing area?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

guil wrote: »
    Wouldn't it throw a wobbler when placed on the packing area?

Indeed. If it was just 1 can scanned, the weight would be off and not allow you to proceed.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    re men's shirts, they hardly get reduced compared to women's.

Feb is a good month for all the formal shirt that came in for Xmas to go to 70 percent off.

sign up for alerts at f-f.com , you get an email the night before stuff goes into sale

Someone else said something very similar to me, with regards to men's vs women's clothes going on sale.

I signed up to the site, but I'm not too optimistic. :o

Thank you though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Carlow- Cadbury creme egg Easter Egg with mug and other delicious goodness inside now at €2.12 75% off original price. Loads on shelf this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

A few days ago someone mentioned they found VO5 2-1 shampoo/conditioner for 75c.

Found this also scanning at 75c:
    Vo5 Shampoo Clean Up 250ml
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=275714276

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

sugarman wrote: »
    You would think so, but once I accidentally scanned a pack of the small carton of orange juices on the individual bar code and it went through no problem

It should reject it, but if the operator confirm it then it will go through.

• Advertisement

Nope I scanned the on pack barcode on the bottom of the outside wrap so there was no barcode from a can even close to there! Gonna try another in the morning on the self check scanner and stick up if it's still a glitch

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    It should reject it, but if the operator confirm it then it will go through.

There is a small error correction allowed per item- typically 1-2% of weight, but it depends on the item category, bakery products allow up to 10% weight. It depends on what revision of the software is being used- early versions were a bit buggy- and while they had this error tolerance- it was a cumulative error tolerance- so if you bought 10kg of sugar (for example) and the next item was out by 400grms on its listed weight- the accumulated error allowance for the sugar could be offset against the next item(s)........

It was an error that was highlighted- and I'd be shocked if it hasn't been corrected- but for early versions of the software- this was how it was implemented........

I also bought Ben and Jerrys which was on special and it has an asterix beside on on the receipt denoting a special I assume. The Pepsi Max also had this asterix

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

davehey79 wrote: »
    I also bought Ben and Jerrys which was on special and it has an asterix beside on on the receipt denoting a special I assume. The Pepsi Max also had this asterix

Would have thought Obelix would be more incline to be in on some Ben and Jerrys. :p

Lots of Cadburys bars 4 packs are half price at the moment, got a 4 pack of Double Decker for €1.37, also did anyone else notice signs on most of the deal shelves indicating a more than 100% price rise on most if not all offers in two weeks time. Will take a picture of a few later and upload them.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

Oral B Trizone 4 Pack Refills, scanning at tills for €4.31
    Online price is showing as €25.79

NvQ6yBR

The Oral B TriZone Brush Head fits many Oral B electric rechargeable brushes, including:

-Oral B TriZone 5000 Electric Toothbrush with Wireless SmartGuide™ Technology
    -Oral B TriZone 3000 Electric Toothbrush
    -Oral B TriZone 1000 Electric Toothbrush
    -Oral B TriZone 600 Electric Toothbrush
    -Oral B Vitality TriZone Electric Toothbrush
    -Oral B Triumph 5000 with SmartGuide Electric Toothbrush
    -Oral B Triumph 4000 Electric Toothbrush
    -Oral B ProfessionalCare 3000 Electric Toothbrush
    -Oral B ProfessionalCare 1000 Electric Toothbrush
    -Oral B Vitality Floss Action Electric Toothbrush
    -Oral B Vitality Dual Clean Electric Toothbrush
    -Oral B Vitality Precision Clean Electric Toothbrush

Got 2 packs of those last week they were actually prices at the cheaper price on a yellow sticker so must be still at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭annash

mac1961 wrote: »
    Was just in tesco ardkeen and they are reducing the games, the games that were €10 are now €5, they had just started so don't know what other reductions are yet.

Also a load in Tullow yesterday, Wii, Xbox, PS3, PS2 & DS

• Registered Users Posts: 18,092 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Just for the record I went down to Maynooth and the only game reduced in any way was DJ Hero 2 which was previously €30 and is now €10, all the €10 ones I scanned were still €10.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just for the record I went down to Maynooth and the only game reduced in any way was DJ Hero 2 which was previously €30 and is now €10, all the €10 ones I scanned were still €10.

Just there today too- absolutely nothing worth buying........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

was in tesco in douglas today and those oral b tooth brushes were full price unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

...also did anyone else notice signs on most of the deal shelves indicating a more than 100% price rise on most if not all offers in two weeks time. Will take a picture of a few later and upload them.
    So this means that the labelled items will be doubled (or more than doubled) in price in two weeks? Presumably this is a 100% on the deal price, rather than on the original price, so maybe just going back to original price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

ShaneU wrote: »

Is that available in the Irish stores?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Dont think that works with saorview in case anyones wondering.

Is that available in the Irish stores?
    Yes
    Tinie wrote: »
    Dont think that works with saorview in case anyones wondering.
    It does.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭BandyMandy

Why am I getting this message when I click on the link above^?

"Access Denied
    You don't have permission to access "http://www.tesco.com/direct/
    blaupunkt-32147-32-inch-hd-ready-720p-led-tv-with-freeview/500-5373.prd"
    on this server.
    Reference #18.8500655f.1400090438.1050fb2c"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

It does.
    It says it has freeview but does not support freeview HD and no mention of TNT HD or mpeg 4/ mheg 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

BandyMandy wrote: »
    Why am I getting this message when I click on the link above^?

"Access Denied
    You don't have permission to access "http://www.tesco.com/direct/
    blaupunkt-32147-32-inch-hd-ready-720p-led-tv-with-freeview/500-5373.prd"
    on this server.
    Reference #18.8500655f.1400090438.1050fb2c"

What I'm getting on that link is "Sorry, there are currently no sellers for this product" Whats that all about?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

All Milka 100g bars are 74c each (1/2 price)
    The are usually €1 in mace/spar/centra shops all year round!
    Would have thought Obelix would be more incline to be in on some Ben and Jerrys. :p

Lots of Cadburys bars 4 packs are half price at the moment, got a 4 pack of Double Decker for €1.37, also did anyone else notice signs on most of the deal shelves indicating a more than 100% price rise on most if not all offers in two weeks time. Will take a picture of a few later and upload them.

This is the same as many British shops do for their sales to make the prices legal, they are apparently allowed to give an after event price instead of saying it has been at the lower price for 28 days beforehand.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    It says it has freeview but does not support freeview HD and no mention of TNT HD or mpeg 4/ mheg 5.
    The box in the store says saorview. And besides it's illegal to sell TVs in Ireland that aren't saorview compatible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement