Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Saw the T350 in Douglas - Purple.
    Also spotted a 3DS in the bargain games stand downstairs, didn't check price though..

Somehow made myself cop on that I don't need either!!

I would say it was the DS Lite, there was a few in that games stand downstairs when I checked earlier today.

Got any spare left, durty thing to post about whether it is true or not, Kharma is coming for you son.

Nothing worthwhile left in Maynooth tbh, I picked up Silent Hill Downpour last night for €5.

got a couple of copies of pokemon pearl they were 3 euro each and got 6 each for them in cex

Pics or gtfo

i already traded them in

there was a lot of shovelware all from ubisoft a freaking ton of accession creed games & pets games

saw r&c a crack in time for ps3 for 3 euro amazing game crazy price

alot of lego games from wii in limerick for parents if interested 5 euro each

got a couple of copies of pokemon pearl they were 3 euro each and got 6 each for them in cex

You were caught so, they are 8 to trade in.

CEX also wont let you trade 10 in one go and get the full value, there was a discount taken off if you trade in 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Corholio wrote: »
    You were caught so, they are 8 to trade in.

CEX also wont let you trade 10 in one go and get the full value, there was a discount taken off if you trade in 9.

not just that, what silly person trades in sealed Pokemon games.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

i managed to get 10 copies of zelda ocarina of time for 5 euro each

traded them in at cex got 300 euro nice one ;) tesco

cex app comes in handy

no you didnt, CeX won't take 10 copies of one game.

Flaregon wrote: »
    not just that, what silly person trades in sealed Pokemon games.......

i did cas i already own diamond pearl platinum black 1 black 2 white 1 white 2 X & Y in my collection

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

i did cas i already own diamond pearl platinum black 1 black 2 white 1 white 2 X & Y in my collection
    could of sold em almost as fast for 10 , made a few collectors happy and made more, if u did just flog em to cex your just lazy lol.

you know they unseal them all, when u trade them in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

So you sold the games into CeX and kept the club nintendo points to sell on eBay, mods this is getting way off topic again can someone shut this troll up and give him a week or two off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

These profiteering trolls are so last year.

I aint even mad anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tinie wrote: »
    These profiteering trolls are so last year.

I aint even mad anymore

I know, I vow from this point onwards to ignore the dopes. Too much **** going on to let them get the reaction they want, no more. I will just block them from now on I think everyone else should do the same, all they want is a rise out of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

No DS's at all in Clonmel, on sale or full price.

But I came across Acer thin 11.6" lap top for €279.00
    has 500GB hard drive, 4GB memory, wireless, webcam, HDMI port, Windows 8

Not sure if this is a bargain or not (the techies will know) but thought it sounded good to me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

i already traded them in

You still have your receipt though?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

So you sold the games into CeX and kept the club nintendo points to sell on eBay, mods this is getting way off topic again can someone shut this troll up and give him a week or two off.

why is he a troll? genuine question, is this kind of stuff not actually possible?

diograis wrote: »
    why is he a troll? genuine question, is this kind of stuff not actually possible?

Boasting about trading in 10 games and buying a PS4, how is that contributing to the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

Not so much a bargain but plenty of people have said the price promise is opaque and you don't have any breakdown of prices used for it. https://www.tescopricepromise.ie allows you to enter the receipt number and will breakdown all the items into qualifying and equivalent price etc

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

AK333 wrote: »

Not sure if this is a bargain or not (the techies will know) but thought it sounded good to me :o

Ok laptop for browsing, checking email etc

CPU is cheap and cheerful, budget material :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

plenty of ds/ps3/xbox games in tullamore huge range no consoles do

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

AK333 wrote: »

Its in other stores too at this price.
    Crap processor- its not touch screen and its Windows 8
    If you're willing to shell out for a W7HP license- and do a downgrade- you have a nice enough laptop at a reasonable price- perfectly fine for internet or office work- but just don't try gaming or anything too processor intensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

Lavazza expresso coffee beans normal price 5.39 chargd 1.36 each although price on yellow label said 2.76 bargain or what, 6 bags please

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Its in other stores too at this price.
    Crap processor- its not touch screen and its Windows 8
    If you're willing to shell out for a W7HP license- and do a downgrade- you have a nice enough laptop at a reasonable price- perfectly fine for internet or office work- but just don't try gaming or anything too processor intensive.

or simply take the updates to windows 8.1 update level, have it launch in desktop mode and you have a better performing laptop than the w7 option without the additional cost of the w7 license.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Windows 8 is fine once you install the free classic shell.
    http://classicshell.net/

You can configure/disable all the metro junk and use whatever start menu that you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

johnf26 wrote: »
    plenty of ds/ps3/xbox games in tullamore huge range no consoles do

Anything decent or is it all shovelware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Ok laptop for browsing, checking email etc

CPU is cheap and cheerful, budget material :)

Thanks for all the replies. I was thinking of a laptop for my daughter, but might have a look around for something with a bit more grunt - though I appreciate the tech info

• Registered Users Posts: 23,276 ✭✭✭✭ted1

casio4 wrote: »
    had they many? where in the store are they?:)

they had a few, straight in the door, walk 3/4 day down to the back of the door, on your right theres a Samsung display end. its on the shelves there

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Anything decent or is it all shovelware?

Letterkenny has loads, we got 9 in jan when they did the last clear out-this time we got Nintendogs, resident evil 3d the mercenaries and a lego game. They had games like Rayman (360), battlefield 3(360), loads of Wii games-animal crossing, lego this and that. All €5 bar the resident evil, it was €3

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Ben and Jerry's clever cookies is scanning at €1.47 fill your boots!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Maynooth still have 3 DS Lites @ 50 a piece on the software discount display as you walk in the door. I scanned all 3 (they're different colours) and they all came up @ 50 each.

Nothing really worth buying in the clearance- spent 10 minutes trawling through it, walked away without finding anything worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Ben and Jerry's clever cookies is scanning at €1.47 fill your boots!

Blondie Brownie scanning in at 1.54

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement