Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Morning, when you applied did you submit a screenshot /communication from GP/HSE confirming you have to self isolate? The e cert is not technically required at point of application, this can be sent later. You mentioned you applied on a Friday, it's possible it wasn't looked at until Monday so payment slightly delayed. I believe, unlike PUP, this payment can be sent on any day Monday to Friday so I'm hopeful you'll recieve something this week and then on Tuesdays moving forward. One concern is you waited a week to apply? I believe your supposed to apply immediately so hopefully that won't be an issue with it being backdated. Good luck

Many thanks for your reply. My GP never said that I need to sent in any screenshots and that the E cert is sufficient. I’ve first developed minor symptoms on Saturday 13/03, they got worst Monday and Tuesday so I didn’t go to work. Never crossed my mind that it could be Covid as it felt very much like a cold and I never had a fever. Wednesday was St Patrick’s and I was meant to go back to work on Thursday as I felt much better but my partner had a sudden loss of smell on St Patrick’s day and we rang the GP Thursday morning. Got tested on Thursday and results came back on Friday- negative. Partners smell was back by the time we got tested. Phoned GP again On Friday to say that I tested negative and he advised to self isolate for another week in case it was Covid and the test somehow didn’t detect it. Hence the delay in applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

angela1711 wrote: »
    Many thanks for your reply. My GP never said that I need to sent in any screenshots and that the E cert is sufficient. I’ve first developed minor symptoms on Saturday 13/03, they got worst Monday and Tuesday so I didn’t go to work. Never crossed my mind that it could be Covid as it felt very much like a cold and I never had a fever. Wednesday was St Patrick’s and I was meant to go back to work on Thursday as I felt much better but my partner had a sudden loss of smell on St Patrick’s day and we rang the GP Thursday morning. Got tested on Thursday and results came back on Friday- negative. Partners smell was back by the time we got tested. Phoned GP again On Friday to say that I tested negative and he advised to self isolate for another week in case it was Covid and the test somehow didn’t detect it. Hence the delay in applying.

The screenshot /proof of direction/ communication to self isolate is part of the application process, this was to facilitate quick decision processing as GP's under pressure etc. Now SW have the e cert, I'm sure it will be fine. Stay safe :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Hello. I am receiving the PUP. I got offered 2 days work as a consultant for a government agency that pays really well. Its just 2 days no other work booked in.

What do i do about receiving PUP? Obviously I need to contact the Intro Office to tell them but does anyone know if my PUP will be stopped for good?

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Hello. I am receiving the PUP. I got offered 2 days work as a consultant for a government agency that pays really well. Its just 2 days no other work booked in.

What do i do about receiving PUP? Obviously I need to contact the Intro Office to tell them but does anyone know if my PUP will be stopped for good?

Quite Tricky, there are permissions for self employed to earn certain amounts monthly without loosing PUP but no such entitlement if your a paye employee. At a minimum you may be entitled to a reduced hours payment, in essence approx €40 per day, maximum 3 days a week can be claimed. So work two, claim 3.

You can not however continue claiming PUP and take up, work, even part time (PAYE EMPLOYMENT), so I'd look into claiming a reduced hours payment, details are available if you search reduced hours etc

Re PUP being stopped for good if you take up the offer, pup ends at the end of June. My sense is no new applications will be processed after that date and PUP will then be tappered downwards over a period of time thereafter.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

SATSUMA wrote: »

Sign off the pup and re-sign back on after the two days.

• Advertisement

Sign off the pup and re-sign back on after the two days.

Just spotted it's only two days work, apologies, I thought it was 2 days a week. Yes, your advice more appropriate in this scenario :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Steviesol

Hi, because Monday is a Bank Holiday will pup be paid tonight I wonder?

Anyone get a notification on my welfare today, there are 2 separate ones and some might get either one.

Confirm eligibility
    Action Required Supports,

I'll deal with 2nd one, supports. In essence they are contacting those on PUP for a prolonged time to offer supports in finding new employment opportunities etc. I was a little confused by this as I'm actually employed but temp lay off and waiting to be called back.

I decided to call the 1890 as I was concerned I needed to take action, register on recruitireland. com etc and be penalised for not doing so, the notification further mentions a case officer will make contact anytime after the 31st May.

So, just to share what I found out. Official very helpful, she's explained there's no need to do anything, I can explain my own situation etc when contacted. It's generic advice and obviously if someone hasost Job completely with little chance of return, they are encouraging people to start looking at options etc.

Hope this helps anyone who might be concerned etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

Anyone get a notification on my welfare today, there are 2 separate ones and some might get either one.

Confirm eligibility
    Action Required Supports,

I'll deal with 2nd one, supports. In essence they are contacting those on PUP for a prolonged time to offer supports in finding new employment opportunities etc. I was a little confused by this as I'm actually employed but temp lay off and waiting to be called back.

I decided to call the 1890 as I was concerned I needed to take action, register on recruitireland. com etc and be penalised for not doing so, the notification further mentions a case officer will make contact anytime after the 31st May.

So, just to share what I found out. Official very helpful, she's explained there's no need to do anything, I can explain my own situation etc when contacted. It's generic advice and obviously if someone hasost Job completely with little chance of return, they are encouraging people to start looking at options etc.

Hope this helps anyone who might be concerned etc.

Hi Dempo1, I haven’t received any notifications since the request to confirm eligibility a few months ago.

Do you know how the DSP official will make contact? There’ve been many reports of fraudulent phone calls from people claiming to be from the DSP.

ATC110 wrote: »
    Hi Dempo1, I haven’t received any notifications since the request to confirm eligibility a few months ago.

Do you know how the DSP official will make contact? There’ve been many reports of fraudulent phone calls from people claiming to be from the DSP.

Hi there,

It's a genuine notification through the mywelfare portal, also mentioned on main SW website. It just mentions an officer will make contact after 31st May, I also rang the helpline just to seek clarity, they confirmed "Some" people being contacted about other job opportunities etc', I've explained I have a job, just awaiting a call back etc, she advised do nothing until contacted, my main concern was having payment stopped but I don't think that's the agenda (hopefully)

All we know is no cliff edge on the payment and now this, just seems very strange, I'm not too concerned, my employer has said job OK, just a matter of when, not if I return etc. Thanks for response :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110

Hi there,

It's a genuine notification through the mywelfare portal, also mentioned on main SW website. It just mentions an officer will make contact after 31st May, I also rang the helpline just to seek clarity, they confirmed "Some" people being contacted about other job opportunities etc', I've explained I have a job, just awaiting a call back etc, she advised do nothing until contacted, my main concern was having payment stopped but I don't think that's the agenda (hopefully)

All we know is no cliff edge on the payment and now this, just seems very strange, I'm not too concerned, my employer has said job OK, just a matter of when, not if I return etc. Thanks for response :)

The DSP could be focusing on certain sectors-I’m self-employed so perhaps that will be targeted in the future.

I haven’t heard of any self-employed being contacted

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Sienna5050

How will we know that the phone call is genuine i wonder ,? As to engage you have to give personal details but we are always told SW will not ask personal details over the phone? i have already had one scam call .
    I got the message about supports but like Dempo i am just waiting on call to return to work and i want to return to that job.

ATC110 wrote: »
    The DSP could be focusing on certain sectors-I’m self-employed so perhaps that will be targeted in the future.

I haven’t heard of any self-employed being contacted

It's quite possible, I just can't recall original application and whether it asks what job type sector etc. I'm sure it's just part of a wind down process, as long as they don't start closing people's payments before a return to work, that would be appalling.

Sienna5050 wrote: »
    How will we know that the phone call is genuine i wonder ,? As to engage you have to give personal details but we are always told SW will not ask personal details over the phone? i have already had one scam call .
    I got the message about supports but like Dempo i am just waiting on call to return to work and i want to return to that job.

Hey there :), I'm not alone then. Very good point actually, they've warnings all over their site about this.

At a guess they may ask Address, DOB etc, I'd very much doubt they would or could ask for PPS number etc, this will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jo187

Hey guys

Does anyone know about close contact payment? I'm off work five days due to close contact. I'm entitled to any assistance ? It's basically a week wage which I can't afford to lose

Thanks in advance

Whilst technically yes, it depends on who has instructed you to self isolate due to being a close contact, essentially either your GP or HSE have to to advise you to self isolate.

The payment is enhanced illness benefit.

Details attached but see rules .

"COVID-19 enhanced Illness Benefit" https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/covid19_enhanced_illness_benefit.html#lac761

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Post edited by Saudades on

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Still waiting on my payment for when I had to self isolate in early January

They initially said it was an issue because I was on Xs & Os but no sign of the illness benefit payment yet and the claim has disappeared from mywelfare page

I'm aware on another thread there was issues when someone on an existing SW payment and claiming EIB , if I recall, specifically those on Disability Allowance. This issue had to be dealt with a different team but whilst delayed it was eventually paid with deductions to reflect existing payment. It could be your application caught in a similar situation 🤔

The only advice I can offer is to contact the dedicated number for an update.

Re my welfare, I believe when an application has been received and review commences, it dissappears. Very bad system, really status or update of any applications should be available to people.

Typically how long does a COVID-19 enhanced Illness Benefit application take to get processed through MyWelfare?

I applied around 10 days ago, but no update since.

I'll return to work next week but presumably I can't close the application on MyWelfare until it has been processed first.

• Advertisement

As mentioned on previous posts there are delays, there was a time it only took a few days but more recently, weeks , there's also an issue where a claimant is already in receipt of another SW payment complicating the process.

You don't actually close this application, it will likely dissappear when they look at the claim. There's a dedicated number so might be worth a quick call to the section dealing with EIB

If the applicant doesn't close the application themselves, how else will Welfare know which date the applicant returns back to work?

My understanding from numerous posts on this matter is when people apply for EIB through mywelfare, once they submit it sits awaiting a review, processing, when this occurs, the application dissappears from view on the portal.

My point is and regardless of this and I'm open to correction the initial application states anticipated time of isolation and if it needs to be extended a cert submitted. I don't recall anyone closing an application but again , I'm open to correction, this all mute as I get a sense from the actual OP, the application hasn't even been looked at, hence my advice to call the section that deals with EIB, on that call they can seek clarifications etc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

There were over 175,000 applications for Enhanced Illness Benefit in January, best advice I can say is to be patient. If everything is in order and there's no other social welfare payment that you're in receipt of, in all likelihood the application will be automatically awarded within a few days and you will receive payment the following week (EIB is paid in arrears). If however you have another social welfare payment or there's an issue with your application, it could be a few weeks as it requires manual intervention and there are only so many officers to deal with that volume of applications, which tbh is unprecedented.

By comparison there were only 33k PUP applications in January, so the scale of the task - especially with a payment that requires a form of certification to issue - is absolutely enormous.

Just to add , there's updates on the website , EIB now only paid for 7 days in line with recommended isolation rules, I presume this will be updated again after next round of recommendations. Also it can not be extended, instead if a person still unwell , it appears they have to apply for normal illness benefit, assuming they qualify and also require a cert from GP.

So I'm out of work due to self isolating after a positive Antigen test which started on Friday 24th June

I applied for the EIB but from reading the information on it I'm not sure ill even qualify for it

any information and advice for me. Most i can get on my Xs & Os is €208 (full week of Xs) and simply not acceptable

Complicated by the fact your already in receipt of a Jobseekers payment and this delays processing which apparently involves manual intervention.

If you've confirmation of a request to self isolate also a cert from your GP (rules have been updated) and if approved you'll only get a maximum of 7 days and when finally processed, perhaps weeks the max you'll get is €350 minus whatever your average part time jobseekers payment is.

Best check this out as so much has changed re eligibility and length of time it's paid for

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/covid19_enhanced_illness_benefit.html#lac761

Got a cert from my GP

Didn't submit my Xs and Os form for the week in off yet

Going to send the social welfare an email tomorrow to see what I do regarding that

Got approved for the illness benefit (2 weeks ago and not payed it yet) but now my Xs & Os claim is suspended

Emailed back and forth but different departments. No idea what to do

• Advertisement

This may be that issue I mentioned previously whereby you can not be in receipt of both payments at the same time , it's immensely convoluted and what I think is happening is they have suspended your Jobseekers payment and incorporating that amount you'd be due into EiB of €350 for one week , the problem then is how do you reactivate your Jobseekers payment and I've no answer and a direct all to your intero centre will be required.

In essence you'll be paid €350 , part of which will be your Jobseekers payment.

This is my understanding, based on previous posts and issues but get clarification and make sure your clear on if your Jobseekers payment will be reactivated .

Finally, EIB can be paid anyday of the week so you may get it tomorrow or Friday.

Advertisement