Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corona virus and social protection

1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,035 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

As mentioned on previous posts there are delays, there was a time it only took a few days but more recently, weeks , there's also an issue where a claimant is already in receipt of another SW payment complicating the process.

You don't actually close this application, it will likely dissappear when they look at the claim. There's a dedicated number so might be worth a quick call to the section dealing with EIB

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭Saudades

If the applicant doesn't close the application themselves, how else will Welfare know which date the applicant returns back to work?

My understanding from numerous posts on this matter is when people apply for EIB through mywelfare, once they submit it sits awaiting a review, processing, when this occurs, the application dissappears from view on the portal.

My point is and regardless of this and I'm open to correction the initial application states anticipated time of isolation and if it needs to be extended a cert submitted. I don't recall anyone closing an application but again , I'm open to correction, this all mute as I get a sense from the actual OP, the application hasn't even been looked at, hence my advice to call the section that deals with EIB, on that call they can seek clarifications etc.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

There were over 175,000 applications for Enhanced Illness Benefit in January, best advice I can say is to be patient. If everything is in order and there's no other social welfare payment that you're in receipt of, in all likelihood the application will be automatically awarded within a few days and you will receive payment the following week (EIB is paid in arrears). If however you have another social welfare payment or there's an issue with your application, it could be a few weeks as it requires manual intervention and there are only so many officers to deal with that volume of applications, which tbh is unprecedented.

By comparison there were only 33k PUP applications in January, so the scale of the task - especially with a payment that requires a form of certification to issue - is absolutely enormous.

Just to add , there's updates on the website , EIB now only paid for 7 days in line with recommended isolation rules, I presume this will be updated again after next round of recommendations. Also it can not be extended, instead if a person still unwell , it appears they have to apply for normal illness benefit, assuming they qualify and also require a cert from GP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,139 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So I'm out of work due to self isolating after a positive Antigen test which started on Friday 24th June

I applied for the EIB but from reading the information on it I'm not sure ill even qualify for it

any information and advice for me. Most i can get on my Xs & Os is €208 (full week of Xs) and simply not acceptable

Complicated by the fact your already in receipt of a Jobseekers payment and this delays processing which apparently involves manual intervention.

If you've confirmation of a request to self isolate also a cert from your GP (rules have been updated) and if approved you'll only get a maximum of 7 days and when finally processed, perhaps weeks the max you'll get is €350 minus whatever your average part time jobseekers payment is.

Best check this out as so much has changed re eligibility and length of time it's paid for

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/covid19_enhanced_illness_benefit.html#lac761

Got a cert from my GP

Didn't submit my Xs and Os form for the week in off yet

Going to send the social welfare an email tomorrow to see what I do regarding that

Got approved for the illness benefit (2 weeks ago and not payed it yet) but now my Xs & Os claim is suspended

Emailed back and forth but different departments. No idea what to do

• Advertisement

This may be that issue I mentioned previously whereby you can not be in receipt of both payments at the same time , it's immensely convoluted and what I think is happening is they have suspended your Jobseekers payment and incorporating that amount you'd be due into EiB of €350 for one week , the problem then is how do you reactivate your Jobseekers payment and I've no answer and a direct all to your intero centre will be required.

In essence you'll be paid €350 , part of which will be your Jobseekers payment.

This is my understanding, based on previous posts and issues but get clarification and make sure your clear on if your Jobseekers payment will be reactivated .

Finally, EIB can be paid anyday of the week so you may get it tomorrow or Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Just had a positive test with covid and rang doctor and he emailed me out a cert for work and I think he said he will contact social welfare and organise covid payment and looked for my prsi number can this be right, not sure will I get paid from work as they are fairly stingey with that kind of thing.

How you keeping.

No it's not correct, GP needs your PPS number of submitting an E Cert which is probably what they are doing , You still have to apply and do it through mywelfare.

The cert he's given you is for work , not for EIB.

check back with GP in the AM just check E cert has been sent and check the list of requirements when applying, details on citizens info , Enhanced Illness Benefit.

Good luck, sorry about the diagnosis and hope all good down in the Kingdom 👍

Wether your paid or not by employer is not an issue .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Thanks dempo1 ya will get that filled online tomorrow and submit application for 1 week covid illness Benifit

I believe the maximum paid is for one now 👌

Advertisement