Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,931 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

angela1711 wrote: »
    Just rang them payment is coming next Tuesday. So all is good 😊

Excellent :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Excellent :)

Dempo if you're not getting paid by social welfare you should be.

Fair play to you, you're providing a service a whole government department can't.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Dempo if you're not getting paid by social welfare you should be.

Fair play to you, you're providing a service a whole government department can't.

LOL :), thank you, alot of it learning from others experiences really and going through any info released. It's been a horrible time for many so any advise (albeit) not expert, I can offer, I'm glad to do so. I went through the PUP process also and certainly a learning process, especially those who've never dealt with SW before.

I feel for those in the self employed space, they've really had some appalling experiences, particularly with appeals, rate reductions etc,

Anyone thanks for the kind words :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Anyone know who I contact to change an IBAN number for a claim?? My dad was put on pup last Wednesday and he gave me a car loan account IBAN number instead of his regular account IBAN number. He hasn't received any word back from welfare.ie or anything.

If anyone find themselves in this situation, he called the helpline number. She added a change of bank details option on his mywelfare account. He filled that out on Monday so hopefully next Tuesday it will be in the correct account.
    They had paid his last two weeks into the loan account even though nothing was on the mywelfare app usually it says it's awarded? Anyways he contacted AIB and they transferred from loan account into current account so he's all sorted.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    If anyone find themselves in this situation, he called the helpline number. She added a change of bank details option on his mywelfare account. He filled that out on Monday so hopefully next Tuesday it will be in the correct account.
    They had paid his last two weeks into the loan account even though nothing was on the mywelfare app usually it says it's awarded? Anyways he contacted AIB and they transferred from loan account into current account so he's all sorted.

Glad you got this sorted for dad and very helpful to know the process required. Thanks :)

The mywelfare portal can be slow to update status

• Advertisement

Hi all, just hearing Some PUP recepients being contacted By SW via letter seeking confirmation they still eligible. Basically people being asked have they been contacted by employers about a return date to work, employer details, line manager contact details, proof of address etc. This is being done via letter with email address being given for response. 2 people I've been in touch with recieved letters today with 2 days to respond. Anyone else aware of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Hi all, just hearing Some PUP recepients being contacted By SW via letter seeking confirmation they still eligible. Basically people being asked have they been contacted by employers about a return date to work, employer details, line manager contact details, proof of address etc. This is being done via letter with email address being given for response. 2 people I've been in touch with recieved letters today with 2 days to respond. Anyone else aware of this?
    I haven't heard anything about that. I'm surprised they're not requesting people to do it online like they did the last time.

I haven't heard anything about that. I'm surprised they're not requesting people to do it online like they did the last time.

Thanks, yes it is curious, a friends daughter contacted by very detailed letter and specific, Department /recepient awaiting a response and less than 2 days to respond, also being asked for a cover letter from employer confirming status of employment. Very curious indeed.

To be honest, I presumed at some stage a process of checking eligibility would commence at some stage to include proof of address. I should mention the person contacted is also a student.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Thanks, yes it is curious, a friends daughter contacted by very detailed letter and specific, Department /recepient awaiting a response and less than 2 days to respond, also being asked for a cover letter from employer confirming status of employment. Very curious indeed.

To be honest, I presumed at some stage a process of checking eligibility would commence at some stage to include proof of address. I should mention the person contacted is also a student.

Did they happen to be on the PUP in July when they did the first eligibility check? Or is this their first one.

Did they happen to be on the PUP in July when they did the first eligibility check? Or is this their first one.

Hi, Theyve actually been on it since March

• Advertisement

A nice 200 euro Christmas bonus today. Jasus I would have been lucky to get a 50 euro voucher when I was working.

A nice 200 euro Christmas bonus today. Jasus I would have been lucky to get a 50 euro voucher when I was working.

Not your bonus, its any arrears owed, Bonus next week :)

Not your bonus, its any arrears owed, Bonus next week :)
    Happy days. :)

I got my arrears today from the 31 July to the 22 October. It covered the 12 weeks i was owed. I got a breakdown in my welfare.
    I was very doubtful of the arrears being paid this calendar year. Delighted and i hope everyone else gets fully sorted. This thread was extremely helpful.

I got my arrears today from the 31 July to the 22 October. It covered the 12 weeks i was owed. I got a breakdown in my welfare.
    I was very doubtful of the arrears being paid this calendar year. Delighted and i hope everyone else gets fully sorted. This thread was extremely helpful.

Excellent, that was a nice surprise today, delighted for you :)

Actually I'm a bit confused on the arrears thing. How was I owed 200 euro? It it because the payment was briefly reduced to 300 for a while?

Actually I'm a bit confused on the arrears thing. How was I owed 200 euro? It it because the payment was briefly reduced to 300 for a while?

Hard to understand each case, can you log into your mywelfare account, I'm told the breakdown is there, it's definitely an arrears payment, perhaps you were owed a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Back in April - I got a medical cert from my gp from my gp. I forwarded it to my employer. It was due to anxiety over covid.

Now they are look Certificate of Incapacity from my GP or to forward to social welfare.

I rang doctors office and they are not familiar with this form.

Does every doctor have these forms?

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Back in April - I got a medical cert from my gp from my gp. I forwarded it to my employer. It was due to anxiety over covid.

Now they are look Certificate of Incapacity from my GP or to forward to social welfare.

I rang doctors office and they are not familiar with this form.

Does every doctor have these forms?

I'm a little confused, the certificate you refer to is only issued and completed by Gp"s so not sure why they've not heard of this form, also this form is specific to either long term sickness & or Enhanced illness benefit (short term Covid-19 illness payment)

Are you not submitting weekly sick certs?

I assume your not on PUP or enhanced illness based on you being on sick leave due to anxiety (not, I'm afraid a qualifying criteria for either payment)

What type of payment are you on, is is just illness benefit? I presume SW looking for clarification on how long you'll be out sick.

I submitted 3 sick certs to work. Each for 4 weeks. I sent the originals into work.

I was only onto GPS reception today and she didn't seem to know

• Advertisement

I submitted 3 sick certs to work. Each for 4 weeks. I sent the originals into work.

I was only onto GPS reception today and she didn't seem to know

Sorry you need to be clearer, you mentioned you went sick from April and submitted 3 certs, for 12 weeks? It's now December so have you been submitting certs from say August?

What type of payment are you on?

If you've been continuing to submit monthly sick certs, why are SW looking for the incapacity cert? this is only required for long term illness benifit or the covid enhanced illness benefit.

All GPS should have this cert as only they can issue them but they do not hand these out lightly and normally would require an appointment, apart from covid enhanced illness payment.

Sorry - I submitted 3 sick certs to work of 4 weeks each.

I then used up holidays and I am on unpaid leave since.

I submitted the sick certs to work and they sent me a letter recently about the social welfare issues

I submitted the sick certs to work and they sent me a letter recently about the social welfare issues

Morning, I think I understand now (You've been on unpaid leave and not receiving any payments, either from employer or SW) , so it seems its your employer seeking clarification on how long you'll be out. At a guess, employer is perhaps assuming you are claiming illness benifit?

It doesn't seem like SW are requesting anything, it's your employer? Indeed SW, based on what you've said are not even aware of your situation, how would they unless to are claiming something.

This said, I'm unsure why you haven't been claiming something.

Basically, you will need to see GP and discuss the incapacity to work cert and if they issue it, immediately consider applying for illness benefit, but again these certs are not easy to get, and generally cover an illness expected to limit your ability to work for a minimum of a year and up to 2 years. Incidentally SW may enquire why you've not claimed anything as your supposed to apply within 6 weeks of any illness diagnosed.

You don't have to claim an illness benefit but it would be foolish not too, notwithstanding, not claiming or receiving any income and not paying PRSI has consequences into the future.

I assure you the incapacity cert is only issued by Gp"s

A link to illness benefit here

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/disability_benefit.html

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

How soon after returning to work and closing Covid PUP claim do you cease receiving this payment? Returned to work last Friday...

How soon after returning to work and closing Covid PUP claim do you cease receiving this payment? Returned to work last Friday...

At a guess you'll recieve a payment today but the payment covers Friday to Thursday so it's possible and given its paid a week in arrears, your final payment will be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

Was Pup supposed to be paid today ? According to the government website payments due on the 22 would be paid on the 21st ?

angela1711 wrote: »
    Was Pup supposed to be paid today ? According to the government website payments due on the 22 would be paid on the 21st ?

Quite confusing, it does say this but at a guess normal sepa arrangements will apply, so whatever date payment lodged into financial institution will stay the same? Just a guess mind you :)

You should have been sending one part of the certs to social welfare. You need speak to someone in your local welfare office for help. You probably won’t get any back pay, but must start submitting certs immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jack7

Yes, I thought the same.
    It must be tomorrow

• Advertisement

Anyone else get double again today?

Advertisement