Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,929 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

angela1711 wrote: »
    Yeah I remember the last time I never got a notification just checked my bank account and the money was there. Do you know if they normally ring your employer ? Our receptionist left a while ago, accountant is on holidays this week so if they ring god knows who the call is going to be transferred to. Just afraid that this may cause some delays if they do decide to ring the company.

No contact made with employers, I meant to say also, they will be checking your earnings from 2019 and or Jan /Feb 2020, I presume you have earnings for then? This is a new qualifying rule. Basically SW & Revenue confirm PRSI payments etc. If awarded the payment amount will be determined on previous earnings, if no earnings PUP Won't be approved.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

Dempo1 wrote: »
    No contact made with employers, I meant to say also, they will be checking your earnings from 2019 and or Jan /Feb 2020, I presume you have earnings for then? This is a new qualifying rule. Basically SW & Revenue confirm PRSI payments etc. If awarded the payment amount will be determined on previous earnings, if no earnings PUP Won't be approved.

Yeah PRSI contributions are no problem. I've earrings for both 2019 and 2020. Thanks very much for your help

Yeah PRSI contributions are no problem. I've earrings for both 2019 and 2020. Thanks very much for your help

Excellent, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

They seem to be a bit forgiving with this as my avg weekly income last year was €394 so just below the threshold for the €350 payment, but I actually got the full €350 payment over the weekend.

Edit, also my last day worked was last Tuesday which I'll be getting paid this week for. I put last day worked on the form so hopefully when payroll is completed later this week there won't be any issues.

corsav6 wrote: »
    They seem to be a bit forgiving with this as my avg weekly income last year was €394 so just below the threshold for the €350 payment, but I actually got the full €350 payment over the weekend.

Edit, also my last day worked was last Tuesday which I'll be getting paid this week for. I put last day worked on the form so hopefully when payroll is completed later this week there won't be any issues.

Nice to hear of a bit of flexibility, I've spoken to some who were hovering around €380/€385 and didn't get back the higher amount so good for you.

I'm sure there won't be an issue re last wage payment, you'd assume they would account for this. I do wonder though about very quick decisions being made on PUP, the payment originally was paid in arrears x 1 week,, now they appear to be paying it straight away, for example, you've basically been paid for last week but also will get wages for same period. Maybe they've changed how they are paying but I don't think so. Its not an issue now but what happens when people sign off, will they end up owing money? Just a thought mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Nice to hear of a bit of flexibility, I've spoken to some who were hovering around €380/€385 and didn't get back the higher amount so good for you.

I'm sure there won't be an issue re last wage payment, you'd assume they would account for this. I do wonder though about very quick decisions being made on PUP, the payment originally was paid in arrears x 1 week,, now they appear to be paying it straight away, for example, you've basically been paid for last week but also will get wages for same period. Maybe they've changed how they are paying but I don't think so. Its not an issue now but what happens when people sign off, will they end up owing money? Just a thought mind you.

I applied last Thursday morning. Said on my welfare account last Friday that its been awarded. No payment today so I'm hoping they are doing 1 week arrears and get paid next Tuesday

Saz2020 wrote: »
    I applied last Thursday morning. Said on my welfare account last Friday that its been awarded. No payment today so I'm hoping they are doing 1 week arrears and get paid next Tuesday

Hi there, I think you might have missed the deadline for this week as payment file processed on Thursday and sent to banks etc. Don't worry, I'm sure your fine for next week.

You mentioned it says awarded, we're you on pup before or first time? The mywelfare portal very slow to update

Hi there, I think you might have missed the deadline for this week as payment file processed on Thursday and sent to banks etc. Don't worry, I'm sure your fine for next week.

You mentioned it says awarded, we're you on pup before or first time? The mywelfare portal very slow to update

I was on it back in March and manged to get work again so had come off it. Job closed down again for this Lockdown so when I applied again, only asked for my IBAN info and the usual other questions. And then popped up in my account summary the next day that it was awarded. Was thinking I had missed the deadline and wasn't expecting it this week. Just when I saw other poster saying they got paid was a bit worried. But think all should be fine. They applied on the Wednesday by the sounds of it got in just in time for this weeks payment

I was on it back in March and manged to get work again so had come off it. Job closed down again for this Lockdown so when I applied again, only asked for my IBAN info and the usual other questions. And then popped up in my account summary the next day that it was awarded. Was thinking I had missed the deadline and wasn't expecting it this week. Just when I saw other poster saying they got paid was a bit worried. But think all should be fine. They applied on the Wednesday by the sounds of it got in just in time for this weeks payment

Yes they applied Tuesday /Wednesday and to be honest whilst happy for them, I was surprised at the speed. I assume you have earnings that can be assessed from last year? Just wanted to be sure as they assess earnings from 2019 & or Jan/Feb 2020, its a new rule.

The main thing is you won't recieve any notifications if awarded, only if application is being reviewed or they are seeking more info, so no news is tge best news re PUP applications. :)

Yes they applied Tuesday /Wednesday and to be honest whilst happy for them, I was surprised at the speed. I assume you have earnings that can be assessed from last year? Just wanted to be sure as they assess earnings from 2019 & or Jan/Feb 2020, its a new rule.

The main thing is you won't recieve any notifications if awarded, only if application is being reviewed or they are seeking more info, so no news is tge best news re PUP applications. :)

Yeah I have earnings from last year and Jan and Feb so should be no problem. Yeah no news is deffo good news. Thanks for the reply 😊

• Advertisement

Yeah I have earnings from last year and Jan and Feb so should be no problem. Yeah no news is deffo good news. Thanks for the reply 😊

No problem, Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

have the department of Social Welfare ever contacted anyones employer over the PUP here to check things like wages earned, hours worked etc or anything like this?

have the department of Social Welfare ever contacted anyones employer over the PUP here to check things like wages earned, hours worked etc or anything like this?

It does not work like that, SW get earnings info from revenue, no contact with employers required. However they are checking with revenue to check no one is in receipt of earnings whilst on PUP

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

It does not work like that, SW get earnings info from revenue, no contact with employers required. However they are checking with revenue to check no one is in receipt of earnings whilst on PUP

how do revenue check this

like going through peoples bank accounts or asking the employers

how do revenue check this

like going through peoples bank accounts or asking the employers

No, earnings based on payroll submissions/returns from employers, PRSI Contributions etc, generally checked monthly.

For the purposes of new PUP application, they work of 2019 and or Jan/Feb 2020, if none available, PUP not awarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

If you're on the PUP and accept a short term job for a few weeks can you go back on the PUP or go straight to JSB? I might be getting offered a 4 week job but if I have to go to 203 a week after it would actually cost me money in the long run.

If you're on the PUP and accept a short term job for a few weeks can you go back on the PUP or go straight to JSB? I might be getting offered a 4 week job but if I have to go to 203 a week after it would actually cost me money in the long run.

It's sadly a grey Area, technically you can sign back on PUP but the grey area is "You must have lost your job because of Covid 19", as you've stated, it's only a part time 4 week job so by definition you would not be loosing it at the end because of Covid-19 '

Also keep in mind the qualifying criteria re previous earnings has changed, so in essence, signing back in is not so straight forward, also there's a cut off point for new applicants at years end.

It's crazy there's no mechanism to take on some work, they've allowed self employed do so but only those on pup for a few months.

My humble advice is think very very carefully

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Anyone know who I contact to change an IBAN number for a claim?? My dad was put on pup last Wednesday and he gave me a car loan account IBAN number instead of his regular account IBAN number. He hasn't received any word back from welfare.ie or anything.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Anyone know who I contact to change an IBAN number for a claim?? My dad was put on pup last Wednesday and he gave me a car loan account IBAN number instead of his regular account IBAN number. He hasn't received any word back from welfare.ie or anything.

I'm assuming you assisted your dad in applying?, did you help him set up a mywelfare account for the application? and has the application been approved?

Check the mywelfare account, you may be able to update bank details but I think it may require direct contact with SW. An added complication is if the application was approved, this also means any payment issued may now be returned or caught up in banking system so this also has to be addressed. They will only speak to your dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I'm assuming you assisted your dad in applying?, did you help him set up a mywelfare account for the application? and has the application been approved?

Check the mywelfare account, you may be able to update bank details but I think it may require direct contact with SW. An added complication is if the application was approved, this also means any payment issued may now be returned or caught up in banking system so this also has to be addressed. They will only speak to your dad.

Oh he's set up online.. he was on pup in march. He just doesn't have a clue how to do it... So I did it for him. Great stuff I have the email address for the local welfare office.. do you know if they were as quick as getting back to you as in march?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lashes28 wrote:
    Oh he's set up online.. he was on pup in march. He just doesn't have a clue how to do it... So I did it for him. Great stuff I have the email address for the local welfare office.. do you know if they were as quick as getting back to you as in march?

PUPQueries@welfare.ie or call them Monday morning on 1890 800 024 is what you need for PUP issues.

Lashes28 wrote: »

Quick enough if there's an issue or more info required etc, not so quick if approved, infact no communication if approved. I still feel however you need to get your dad to make contact re the banking issue as if approved payment may get lost, number list on above post.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Unfortunately you can actually get penalized for trying to get work in some cases. I've had bad experiences when I was claiming and trying to get work. I was messed around by a company. I think they assume you are guilty until proven innocent. Your payment is cut until they get certain documents. I was certainly out of money and in a bad way financially as a result of actually trying to get work so I would say be careful. Do your research on it. The best case scenario is getting work and getting off any payment.

Hi,

does anyone know how long does it take for PUP to come through ? I’ve applied online on Friday the 23/10. It’s my second application as I was on it back in March. Is it reasonable to expect a payment on Tuesday the 3/11 ? I am still paid by my employer until Friday the 30/10.

As above I didn’t get a payment tonight. I am with BOI and normally the payment would be in the account at this stage. It says on my welfare account that the payment has been awarded for a few days now so I was expecting a payment today. Child benefit came as normal. Does anyone have any idea as to why it didn’t come? Is it possible that it will still be there at some stage this week ?

As above I didn’t get a payment tonight. I am with BOI and normally the payment would be in the account at this stage. It says on my welfare account that the payment has been awarded for a few days now so I was expecting a payment today. Child benefit came as normal. Does anyone have any idea as to why it didn’t come? Is it possible that it will still be there at some stage this week ?

Re application, when did you submit and what date did you put down as last day of work, re post you refer too, if I recall the last day of employment was put down as 30th so at a guess payment would not be due until next week? Keep in mind the payment is paid a week in arrears, it has nothing to do with child benefits, totally seperate.

Re the award status, I can't be sure this relates to current application, the mywelfare portal very slow to update and that status may not have changed since last application.

When all said and done, as long as you've had no notifications re decline, seeking further info etc, all is fine, they don't notify of approval. It's down to date of last day of employment. Have you check your bank account this morning?

Re application, when did you submit and what date did you put down as last day of work, re post you refer too, if I recall the last day of employment was put down as 30th so at a guess payment would not be due until next week? Keep in mind the payment is paid a week in arrears, it has nothing to do with child benefits, totally seperate.

Re the award status, I can't be sure this relates to current application, the mywelfare portal very slow to update and that status may not have changed since last application.

When all said and done, as long as you've had no notifications re decline, seeking further info etc, all is fine, they don't notify of approval. It's down to date of last day of employment. Have you check your bank account this morning?

I’ve submitted on Friday 23/10 last day worked was actually Wednesday the 21/10 but I still got paid by my employer on Friday the 30/10 (for the previous week) so I put down 30/10 as last day worked/paid to as they seem to be one thing in the application.

As far as I remember my welfare portal wasn’t saying awarded next to Covid payment until a few days ago. Nothing in the bank account this morning.

I’ve submitted on Friday 23/10 last day worked was actually Wednesday the 21/10 but I still got paid by my employer on Friday the 30/10 (for the previous week) so I put down 30/10 as last day worked/paid to as they seem to be one thing in the application.

As far as I remember my welfare portal wasn’t saying awarded next to Covid payment until a few days ago. Nothing in the bank account this morning.

Yes the portal status should be fine, I think it's down to last day of payment from employer then, for example, anyone paid today is actually getting paid for previous week if that makes sense, technically you've been paid up to 30th so I'm thinking that's the issue. For peace of mind, it might be worth calling the 1890 number just to check

Yes the portal status should be fine, I think it's down to last day of payment from employer then, for example, anyone paid today is actually getting paid for previous week if that makes sense, technically you've been paid up to 30th so I'm thinking that's the issue. For peace of mind, it might be worth calling the 1890 number just to check

Right thanks that makes sense. I hope that’s the issue anyway.

Right thanks that makes sense. I hope that’s the issue anyway.

I could be wrong re the date of first payment (hopefully) but I believe your application fine etc, just pinning down first date of payment important, I'd still give a quick call, good luck regardless :)

• Advertisement

I could be wrong re the date of first payment (hopefully) but I believe your application fine etc, just pinning down first date of payment important, I'd still give a quick call, good luck regardless :)

Just rang them payment is coming next Tuesday. So all is good 😊

Advertisement