Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona virus and social protection

Options
14244464748

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    Anyone else get double again today?

    Are you not aware why? It's double because no payment issued next week, next payment 4th/5th January

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mister Vain


    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Are you not aware why? It's double because no payment issued next week, next payment 4th/5th January
    Ahh of course. I haven't had my coffee yet. :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    Ahh of course. I haven't had my coffee yet. :)

    Have a double :) happy Christmas

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭ATC110


    I submitted my 2019 tax return which showed a higher income than 2018 so I could claim a higher payment.

    I emailed a copy of the Revenue statement to the PUP rerate team and it was acknowledged the same day.

    I asked about higher rate payment arrears since the payment was reduced in June and was informed these will be dealt with next year.

    The next payment made was at the correct rate.


  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream


    Was due back after Christmas holidays on 5th January but with new Level 5 will be out of work again. Finished up for Christmas on 21 December. What date do I sign up for Covid again? Thanks.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    Was due back after Christmas holidays on 5th January but with new Level 5 will be out of work again. Finished up for Christmas on 21 December. What date do I sign up for Covid again? Thanks.

    Immediately, last day of work basically.

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21


    With the new announcement yesterday regarding super quick processing of new claims over the Christmas period, is there not a risk of some people applying who are not entitled to it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    hblock21 wrote: »
    With the new announcement yesterday regarding super quick processing of new claims over the Christmas period, is there not a risk of some people applying who are not entitled to it?

    Unlikely, the cross checking between Revenue and SW is extremely thorough. SW had to act as 1000"s would have been waiting over the Christmas break. There's always going to be abuses and some chancers getting the payment but I'd bit pretty sure, they won't retain it for too long.

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    Just say Happy Christmas to all, it's been a tough (almost year). Stay Safe, Stay happy :)

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol


    Good Morning.

    I work part time in hospitality industry. I have been on pup during the various lock downs. But stated on it the last few weeks as things reopened but it was quiet so no work for me.

    But yestrrday my job paid me for a shift I was owed from the summer. Will this show up on revenue as me working and will I automatically come off pup and have to explain this to welfare?

    Im confused as to what may happen.

    Thanks


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    Steviesol wrote: »
    Good Morning.

    I work part time in hospitality industry. I have been on pup during the various lock downs. But stated on it the last few weeks as things reopened but it was quiet so no work for me.

    But yestrrday my job paid me for a shift I was owed from the summer. Will this show up on revenue as me working and will I automatically come off pup and have to explain this to welfare?

    Im confused as to what may happen.

    Thanks

    Morning, this might be an issue unfortunately, essentially if a PAYE employee, your not permitted to earn taxable income if on PUP. Don't be alarmed but you'll need to make contact with SW after Christmas and explain the payment. In essence, Revenue and SW cross check to insure Noone is claiming PUP and a wage at the same time.

    This issue has come up a few times in various threads, it's a genuine mistake and indeed payment but employers not aware of consequences of paying say, outstanding wages, holiday pay etc. SW may suspend your payment so best to contact them. Keep details, payslip, lodgment etc as they might look for clarification.

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol


    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Morning, this might be an issue unfortunately, essentially if a PAYE employee, your not permitted to earn taxable income if on PUP. Don't be alarmed but you'll need to make contact with SW after Christmas and explain the payment. In essence, Revenue and SW cross check to insure Noone is claiming PUP and a wage at the same time.

    This issue has come up a few times in various threads, it's a genuine mistake and indeed payment but employers not aware of consequences of paying say, outstanding wages, holiday pay etc. SW may suspend your payment so best to contact them. Keep details, payslip, lodgment etc as they might look for clarification.


    Thanks for the info. Is there a way on my welfare.ie to see if I have been taken off PUP? Many thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    Steviesol wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Is there a way on my welfare.ie to see if I have been taken off PUP? Many thanks

    Mywelfare very slow to update but again, don't be alarmed, it's an easily explained issue. It's likely to take a few weeks for the issue to be flagged so this is why I advise making contact with SW next week, you could also email them but probably better to call and explain etc. Happy Christmas :)

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Been moved from the PUP to the Wage Subsity is a little tough as its different time period (no weekly pay) but hoping xs and os might give me a small amount per week

    Do the social use 8 hour days ?

    No, daily rate. Also what do you mean by your being moved from PUP? only you make that decision when your rehired, PUP as nothing to do with employer? I'm confused are you saying instead of being on PUP, your employer now availing of EWSS? If so have you checked you can actually still claim JSA albeit reduced hours,

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff


    Just got my first PUP payment this week after getting put out of work at Christmas. Has there been any mention of the method in which we have to repay the Covid payment once we're back working? I'm guessing we'll be heavily taxed? Can't really find an answer online. Cheers.


  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711


    Duff wrote: »
    Just got my first PUP payment this week after getting put out of work at Christmas. Has there been any mention of the method in which we have to repay the Covid payment once we're back working? I'm guessing we'll be heavily taxed? Can't really find an answer online. Cheers.

    https://www.revenue.ie/en/life-events-and-personal-circumstances/pup-tax-liability/index.aspx


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    Duff wrote: »
    Just got my first PUP payment this week after getting put out of work at Christmas. Has there been any mention of the method in which we have to repay the Covid payment once we're back working? I'm guessing we'll be heavily taxed? Can't really find an answer online. Cheers.

    There will be no repayment of PUP as such, it's an entitlement if you qualify, repayment only an issue if you claimed, got it and were not entitled to it or neglected to close claim on returning to
    Work. , however it is taxable, announcements next week from revenue. Don't be alarmed however, particularly if only on it a short time, claimants will be given up to four years to clear any tax liability and offered various options.

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff


    Great. Thanks for the help, guys!


  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34


    Hi I applied for Covid payment last Tuesday,how do I know if I have been accepted,cant find anything online.Do I get a letter out in the post?


  • Registered Users Posts: 38,385 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009


    kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Hi I applied for Covid payment last Tuesday,how do I know if I have been accepted,cant find anything online.Do I get a letter out in the post?

    It should say 'approved' on your mywelfare account page


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34


    PTH2009 wrote: »
    It should say 'approved' on your mywelfare account page


    Thanks for the quick response.It just says it has been submitted I think.I am unable to verify my account as the mobile they have for me is from years ago and I couldnt contact them last Friday so maybe that's the problem.


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Hi I applied for Covid payment last Tuesday,how do I know if I have been accepted,cant find anything online.Do I get a letter out in the post?

    Bizarrely as it may seem, you won't get any notification if approved, your only contacted if there's an issue or more info required. No news is good news, I'd be confident payment will be issued, check bank on Tuesday. Re stating approved on mywelfare, No, it takes a number of weeks to show approved, the portal notoriously slow to update status, Good luck.

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response.It just says it has been submitted I think.I am unable to verify my account as the mobile they have for me is from years ago and I couldnt contact them last Friday so maybe that's the problem.

    The verification could be an issue albeit you mention is says submitted. We're you not able to update mobile number before submitting? Also if you couldn't verify how we're you able to proceed with application? If you've submitted, I'm guessing you were able to get into your mywelfare? Confused now

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34


    Dempo1 wrote: »
    Bizarrely as it may seem, you won't get any notification if approved, your only contacted if there's an issue or more info required. No news is good news, I'd be confident payment will be issued, check bank on Tuesday. Re stating approved on mywelfare, No, it takes a number of weeks to show approved, the portal notoriously slow to update status, Good luck.


    I dont recall giving Bank details,I have not been on SW in a while,I suppose my bank details are on the system anyway,thanks for the response.


  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34


    Dempo1 wrote: »
    The verification could be an issue albeit you mention is says submitted. We're you not able to update mobile number before submitting? Also if you couldn't verify how we're you able to proceed with application? If you've submitted, I'm guessing you were able to get into your mywelfare? Confused now

    Well it was my first time logging on and it was a basic enough set up.I only saw the verify notification after,apps number and it says a code has been sent to my old number.


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    kilkenny34 wrote: »
    I dont recall giving Bank details,I have not been on SW in a while,I suppose my bank details are on the system anyway,thanks for the response.

    Yes your bank details are retained albeit you would have been asked to verify details they have (they hide some details)

    Based on what your saying, it looks like you were in mywelfare, so the verification question does not appear to be an issue??

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Well it was my first time logging on and it was a basic enough set up.I only saw the verify notification after,apps number and it says a code has been sent to my old number.

    OK, I still think your OK, verification is mainly to gain access to mywelfare or mygovid so I think your fine as you were able to submit but I would as a matter of urgency get your mobile number updated, I don't have the number to hand but there is a dedicated number for issues specific to accessing these portals if you search you'll find it.

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kilkenny34


    Dempo1 wrote: »
    OK, I still think your OK, verification is mainly to gain access to mywelfare or mygovid so I think your fine as you were able to submit but I would as a matter of urgency get your mobile number updated, I don't have the number to hand but there is a dedicated number for issues specific to accessing these portals if you search you'll find it.

    Cheers thanks a million.


  • Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1


    kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Cheers thanks a million.

    :)

    Is maith an scáthán súil charad.




  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mystic


    kilkenny34 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response.It just says it has been submitted I think.I am unable to verify my account as the mobile they have for me is from years ago and I couldnt contact them last Friday so maybe that's the problem.

    You'll never be able to verify your existing account without having access to the number you registered with. You can't add a new telephone number to an existing account. You have to set up a new account with a different email address and call the PSC section at 1890 927 999 if you have a PSC and they'll verify your account with the new number.


Advertisement