Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Forum Chit-Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Talkative cats.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmfkR8Mr6Rk

I defy you not to laugh even once..;)

Looking down at my bed.. three of my energetic lively cats (!) have feasted on raw chicken and crashed. a heap of soft- breathing fur....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

So Esmae in to get her lady bits out, I’m a nervous wreck & Mr C’s going around looking for her...:(

Ohhhhhhh the drama! Was up till 3am as Esmae turned into the devil incarnate shrieking like a banshee...

I’ve never in my life witnessed such a display of fear... then I remembered; it was like looking in the mirror, as apparently I was very much like that in the hospital when I woke up to find out I’d been run over.

She’s pretty chilled now snuggled up next to me now.

em_cat wrote: »
    Ohhhhhhh the drama! Was up till 3am as Esmae turned into the devil incarnate shrieking like a banshee...

I’ve never in my life witnessed such a display of fear... then I remembered; it was like looking in the mirror, as apparently I was very much like that in the hospital when I woke up to find out I’d been run over.

She’s pretty chilled now snuggled up next to me now.

(((HUGS)))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

God Lucy was fine when she was spayed - it was a novelty for me to go and collect a dog who had to be woken up to go home compared to Bailey's 'TAKE ME HOME' barking the moment I walk in the door. She strolled home and went to bed and not a bother on her :o

tk123 wrote: »
    God Lucy was fine when she was spayed - it was a novelty for me to go and collect a dog who had to be woken up to go home compared to Bailey's 'TAKE ME HOME' barking the moment I walk in the door. She strolled home and went to bed and not a bother on her :o

The one time I had to leave my wee dog with the vet a few hours, when I got the poor man was in bits.. " She is terrified!"

He had sedated her while I was still with her and I heard her yelling when I went to the car but 2 old ladies said how good he was with the dogs

Wee dog was cowering at the back of the pen. As soon as she saw me all was well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

em_cat wrote:

When Bella had x-rays done she was knocked out. Collected her that evening and my god talk about drama!! Just purely from the anaesthetic, keening, crying and was really out of sorts. Got her to sleep and everything had worn off when she woke up again. Think she was just so put out by the groggy feeling more than anything. Funny thing is when she was spayed a few years earlier was grand.

I know, Esmae was great when I collected her, she was completely knocked out and was reversed while I was there as she freaks out & becomes a demon the minute someone she doesn’t recognise tries to touch her. So I was there and she stuck her little snout into her tiny Baskerville and bore holes into the nurse with her eyes...

She’s is somewhat better form today but not entirely.

I’m absolutely dreading her suture removal as she really hates the nurses...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

em_cat wrote: »
    I’m absolutely dreading her suture removal as she really hates the nurses...

Can you take them out yourself? Its really simple, never had to take any of ours back for stitch removal.

Can you take them out yourself? Its really simple, never had to take any of ours back for stitch removal.

Agree. When it was suggested I do this for both dogs when they had been spayed I was horrified but in fact it was very very easy. Even for me :eek: ;) The most squeamish of people..

I might do as I’ve done so in the past with other pets & myself. I don’t remember if I did with the last pooch we spayed. I’d forgotten it’s been awhile since we had a puppy ...

Could you maybe take photos of the wound and mail them to the vets rather than take her in for inspections and save her the stress? That's what I did when I thought it was time for Bailey's tooth to come out - nurse asked me to get a few good photos and she could show it to the vet etc etc. I'd that anyways if either of them have a wound and that way you can compare if you think it's not healing etc etc

Could you maybe take photos of the wound and mail them to the vets rather than take her in for inspections and save her the stress? That's what I did when I thought it was time for Bailey's tooth to come out - nurse asked me to get a few good photos and she could show it to the vet etc etc. I'd that anyways if either of them have a wound and that way you can compare if you think it's not healing etc etc

I don’t think our vets are that modern tbh... It’s a good idea though. One of my really good friends is a senior nurse in the burns unit at SJH so if I were worried I’d get her over before taking Mae Mae to the vet nurses...

I seriously don’t remember ever bringing them back in for removal but knowing Mae Mae she’ll be killing me if I don’t get her over to her agility this week as she’s being driven demented so I’m thinking shes on the mend! The incision, looks good, clean, tidy, and no licks so far. My 2 where flying around playing gently with thier toys today so hopefully it’s up n up from here.

We were back in every few days for wound inspection. When my friends dog was done it was leaking/seeping and I think had to be restitched! Looking back they should have sewn a zipper in lol as that dog is quiet accident prone for blockages and having stuff removed(!) and has been opened up a few times! Lucy was almost two when she was done with her being a retriever - she didn’t have the first heat until she was around 15 months.

Yesterday my most shy newbie cat, she of the terror of doors, took another leap forward.

She has been calling to get in for a while, but y;day she raced into the kitchen, leapt onto the chair and started a long, intense, one sided conversation with me.

Thinking she wanted food, I put some out; she took a bite, then back to the chair and chattered on and on!. Then let me not just touch her, but really rub her face and neck and back. Never stopped nattering!

Over six months with them now and always a joy.

At last caught all five in one photo...

Walking the cats.. They are a treasure. I use a walking stick and the smallest decided to play with it, pouncing at every step.

Watching them play on the seaweed banks as the tide is out.. then getting left behind and the sheer speed of the chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

My boy cat Gryphon snuck out on Friday night and spent the whole night and morning in the back garden where he got the pitbull next door so worked up that the dog busted through the fence and got into our backyard. Gryphon ran up to the neighbor's upstairs back porch where they saw him, texted me and I was able to get him back home safely. We also contacted the next door neighbors and they got their dog out of our yard (who was very sweet - he came running up to me, a complete stranger, tail wagging, tongue flopping out and gave me kisses. It was just a bit disconcerting to walk into your back garden which is fenced off by a 6ft tall fence only to see a large pitbull running toward you).

The back garden is mostly dirt so Gryphon had to suffer the indignity of a bath! He usually begs to go outside (I walk him on a leash) but hasn't moved toward the door at all since coming back home. Lesson learned (for now)!

Fastest Zooplus order ever, placed it on the 20th & will be delivered today :eek:
    I was waiting almost 2 weeks before!
    Have they changed something to make it faster or am I just lucky??

• Advertisement

Fastest Zooplus order ever, placed it on the 20th & will be delivered today :eek:
    I was waiting almost 2 weeks before!
    Have they changed something to make it faster or am I just lucky??

I always pick DPD and find them faster than DHL/An Post and would get it in about 4 days! It depends on the depots near you though

I always pick DPD and find them faster than DHL/An Post and would get it in about 4 days! It depends on the depots near you though

Yea it's DPD I go for too, driver in our area is great, not alone do we get the email but he always rings first to see if we're around.
    But I've always used DPD & the previous packages took so much longer. Maybe I hit them on bad days :D

I get frequent An Post deliveries from Holland and Barrett and Lenehans hardware and they always get here the day after I place the order. As i am out on an island that is truly awesome.

The man who delivers our post is the ferryman so it has an interesting journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Graces7 wrote: »
    At last caught all five in one photo...

Walking the cats.. They are a treasure. I use a walking stick and the smallest decided to play with it, pouncing at every step.

Watching them play on the seaweed banks as the tide is out.. then getting left behind and the sheer speed of the chase.

Fab photo - look like a gaggle of cats heading out for a stroll with you :):)
    (whats the collective name for a group of cats?!?)

aonb wrote: »
    Fab photo - look like a gaggle of cats heading out for a stroll with you :):)
    (whats the collective name for a group of cats?!?)

This happens every day here! As soon as I unlock the gate, word goes round and one by one they come..

i think we decided on a "scatter of cats".

Catnest in the sun ...

I have the politest cats ever..

The sleek new one yearns to sleep on my bed but tends to try to revert to the inaccessible corner she used right at the start

Yesterday she was on my bed as I was resting and half asleep and she suddenly came up to my shoulder and my face.

When I responded she headed as if to the corner, then diverted to the outside door.. "PLEASE MAY I LEAVE THE ROOM? "

Oh and y'day the scaredy one rolled over so I could rub her belly!l

Happy days

Why do folk think cats are thick!

:pac: :pac: lol lol Bailey cried at the kittens in the vets yesterday when they were pouncing on each other (they're in a cage in the back room where he has laser every week)... I think because I told him not to bark at them last week lol - he wanted to give out to them so cried instead

This fluffmeister just appeared on the road beside my house yesterday morning. Asked around & nobody seems to have misplaced it :pac:
    Might be a new addition!

• Advertisement

Yyyyaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwn!

Oh I need a new name for the lad on the left. as you can see he has an irritating ..... smudge... on nose and chin.. So he got called smudgie but it does not fit him ..... He is the one who all but trips me rolling on his back can also open the front door.... Ideas welcome..

Advertisement