Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DPD Parcel Wizard - DPD Pickup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Realised I could track it just via the DPD website instead of the PW site and it says it's coming from Turin, Italy! Even more confused now.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Can anyone help. Can't seem to find a clear answer to a simple question.

I want to order an item sold and shipped by Amazon.co.uk with a value of £36 to parcel wizard because delivery is not possible to Rep of Ireland. Is the service operating as before Brexit? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

iHungry wrote: »

I want to order an item sold and shipped by Amazon.co.uk with a value of £36 to parcel wizard because delivery is not possible to Rep of Ireland. Is the service operating as before Brexit? Thanks

No, i think parcel wizard has stopped now for DPD, shame found parcel wizard very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭corkie

OmegaGene wrote: »
    "Dear Parcel Wizard Member,

Here's a reminder that our Virtual Address Service will close from December 11th 2020. Don't worry if you already have parcels in transit to the Virtual Address, provided they arrive there by 18th December, they will still be processed.

Closed since Dec 11th. You could try AP but will be paying UK Vat first and Irish on top of that amount.

You could see if alternative amazon eu sites (.de/.es etc) will ship your item?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058135914

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Thanks for clarifying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Toxica wrote: »
    I got the same email yesterday, today it says my package is held at the depot though. I am as confused as you are. The only thing i can think it might be is something I ordered in the first week of October which never showed up.
    Realised I could track it just via the DPD website instead of the PW site and it says it's coming from Turin, Italy! Even more confused now.

I remember Amazon sent some advertising to my parcel wizard address once. DPD rang me up to let me know in fairness and binned it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

raveni wrote: »
    I remember Amazon sent some advertising to my parcel wizard address once. DPD rang me up to let me know in fairness and binned it for me.

I hope it's not that! Still in transit right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Did anyone get their PW credit refunded to them yet? Supposed to be end Jan but I didn't get mine yet. Only €3.85 but it's the principle that counts....

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

I hope it's not that! Still in transit right now.

Ah no, I'd say they would have let you know. These posts just reminded me of it:pac:

• Advertisement

Warning issued over sneaky DPD courier text message scam

Devious scammers are conning people out of their hard earned cash and also harvesting a slew of personal data from unwitting victims

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

corkie wrote: »
    Warning issued over sneaky DPD courier text message scam

Devious scammers are conning people out of their hard earned cash and also harvesting a slew of personal data from unwitting victims

I got one of these texts today.

In the last week I have gotten 3 scam texts, one purporting to be from AIB was incredibly real looking, so much so that it came up in the text message thread from their other messages. The scammers are getting so good at these.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fendy

Did anyone get their PW credit refunded to them yet? Supposed to be end Jan but I didn't get mine yet. Only €3.85 but it's the principle that counts....

I didn't get my refund yet either, and have not heard anything from Parcel Wizard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭migrant

Fendy wrote: »
    I didn't get my refund yet either, and have not heard anything from Parcel Wizard about it.

I have 3 x 3.85 credit with them. They've ignored every contact from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

Same here outstanding balance still 7.70

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ordered a charger from UK last week (2nd) been sitting in DPD depot in Athlone since the 3rd. Can't see why it would be there for 5 days, is it possible they are trying to contact me to pay VAT and charges or is that done after delivery with DPD?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

I haven’t got the refund either. Has anyone had any luck getting the credit refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If VAT is payable, on a purchase from the UK, can this be paid at a DPD pick up point like Supavalue ?

Discodog wrote: »
    If VAT is payable, on a purchase from the UK, can this be paid at a DPD pick up point like Supavalue ?

https://dpd.ie/Shipping/Brexit-Update-For-Consumers

"For parcel recipients who are based in Republic of Ireland, VAT and customs duty will be applicable (depending on value of goods) when Britain exits the EU on 1st January if you are buying goods from GB. The Seller may collect the VAT and Duty from you prior to dispatch of goods. If they do not, then DPD will declare goods on your behalf and will collect duties and taxes from you in advance of delivery. "

++

"Once your parcel has been received into our DPD Ireland hub, you'll receive a notification from us with an ETA for delivery.

If VAT and/or duty is due on the order, we'll email and SMS you with a link for payment."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

So one has to register otherwise Dpd won't have contact details.

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    So one has to register otherwise Dpd won't have contact details.

Or they get contact details from shipping label?

Not sure I have a ParcelWizard account with them.
    https://www.dpdparcelwizard.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,199 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Do DPD deliver on Saturdays?

Wexford area if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Do DPD deliver on Saturdays?

Wexford area if it makes any difference.
    I was told they do (I'm in Dublin) when I phoned the depot yesterday evening. The package has been sitting in the depot, which isn't far from my house, since Thursday evening and still no word on whether they're coming today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭user302243

I'm waiting on a parcel shipped by DPD from Poland. It's in Veenendaal today - does anyone know how long it tends to take from there to Ireland?

user302243 wrote: »
    I'm waiting on a parcel shipped by DPD from Poland. It's in Veenendaal today - does anyone know how long it tends to take from there to Ireland?

According to this https://www.dpd.com/nl/en/support/#looptijdencalculator
    4 days from Poland to Ireland. (but covid may cause delays?)
    3 Days from Netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

I've had 5 parcels come through there in the last two months. They usually go to Oirschot after Veenendaal but not always.

The time from the last scan in the Netherlands to the first scan in Ireland has been:

parcel 1: 2 days
    parcel 2: 3 days
    parcel 3: 19 days ago now (dpd admitted it was lost 7 days after the last scan)
    parcel 4: 6 days
    parcel 5 (a replacement for parcel 3 ): 3 days

They have mostly "arrived" in Ireland on a Sunday or Monday, regardless of when they were last scanned in the Netherlands so I wonder if they must have a boat going on a particular day over the weekend. My parcels 4 and 5 were last scanned in Oirschot 3 days apart but obviously came on the same boat as their first scans here were within an hour of each other.

They have mostly "arrived" in Ireland on a Sunday or Monday, regardless of when they were last scanned in the Netherlands so I wonder if they must have a boat going on a particular day over the weekend. My parcels 4 and 5 were last scanned in Oirschot 3 days apart but obviously came on the same boat as their first scans here were within an hour of each other.

Thanks, mine just scanned in Oirschot. Hoping I don't have to wait until next week for delivery.

Just to close the loop.

Collected from Poland on the 1st and was scanned in Oirschot on the 6th and then today scanned in Athlone. Should be delivered tomorrow.

8 days all in but there was Good Friday and Easter Monday in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

My cousin in the UK sent me a parcel over a week ago and I noticed on 9th it was in Athlone, but moved no further.

I contacted DPD today and they said as he did not supply any customs details, they cannot clear it and it will be returned back to the UK.

I contacted my cousin who said he had to supply the customs details when booking, description of the goods, value and commodity code, so everything should be there?

I have asked DPD if I can get this sorted without the package being returned, but I am going around in circles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just bumping this - no sign of my Parcel Wizard credit being refunded. Same for everyone?

Advertisement