Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Ambilight 43PUS8545/12 43-Inch LED TV (4K UHD, P5 Engine, Dolby Vision, Dolby

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

god's toy wrote: »
    I have not used saorview but I do know it not on the Astra/freesat satellites... Just so you are aware, its not a 'Freesat' receiver' as such, as in it does not use the freesat EPG. It receives all sat channels on astra and freesat channels are among them but the order is all over the place... So you will need to make a favorite list set to the order of freesat yourself (in whatever order you like. You can make 4 lists I think)

Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I have not used saorview but I do know it not on the Astra/freesat satellites... Just so you are aware, its not a 'Freesat' receiver' as such, as in it does not use the freesat EPG. It receives all sat channels on astra and freesat channels are among them but the order is all over the place... So you will need to make a favorite list set to the order of freesat yourself (in whatever order you like. You can make 4 lists I think)

Is it just now and next so in the EPG for Satelite channels? Is there a way of doing recording e.g series link or similar?

Not a biggie as we don’t watch too much BBC ITV shows etc but the Mother in Law loves the ol Corrie’ and I want to keep her from pestering me to look for replays on catch up apps etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Is it just now and next so in the EPG for Satelite channels? Is there a way of doing recording e.g series link or similar?

Not a biggie as we don’t watch too much BBC ITV shows etc but the Mother in Law loves the ol Corrie’ and I want to keep her from pestering me to look for replays on catch up apps etc

Yep it has a EPG and you can set it to record (Once you pop in a USB drive) I have found a lot of the channels don't populate into it's EPG fully and they are left blank... Could be just mine tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jaykayphd

Hi, how do these panels perform with sports or other fast moving scenes? Any bluring
    , ghosting (is that the correct term?) etc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Sold out now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

Got the 58’ from Curry’s picked up today (9000 series) , setting up now ,it’s a big tv alright:)
    Ambilight looks great ,well impressed with that , I’ve Philips hue bulbs so will link it to that system. Netflix and prime v good picture.
    Doing updates and arranging the satellite channels is next .
    All the apps advertised are there but haven’t used them yet ,all4 ,bbc etc ,must setup aerial for RTÉ but the app is there .
    The remote I have doesn’t have keyboard on the opposite side,maybe that’s on different model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Slipshaney wrote: »
    I usually just use my linked CC and pay in GBP

Get a Revolut. You’ll save a few euros. It all adds up

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

adam88 wrote: »
    Get a Revolut. You’ll save a few euros. It all adds up

Thanks for that

Just ordered the 50 inch from Currys.co.uk for £449 (approx €503)
    Using DPD Parcel Wizard
    Waiting for stock before it gets shipped but I see from someone in the HDUK site that Currys expecting 50+ units next week so hopefully I will get one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Great telly, I got it for a similar price on Amazon last Jan, well worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Yep it has a EPG and you can set it to record (Once you pop in a USB drive) I have found a lot of the channels don't populate into it's EPG fully and they are left blank... Could be just mine tho...

The epg is pants alright. I thought it was just me. Mine doesnt populate half the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Thanks OP. I ordered the 43 inch before it sold out.
    Hopefully more deals coming. RicherSounds yet to announce more deals.

I wonder if you set up TV as being in UK, use a VPN and connect to antenna could you use the FreeView Play service? Obviously not picking up any UK freeview channels via the DVB-T but use the on demand service?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Just ordered the 50 inch from Currys.co.uk for £449 (approx €503)
    Using DPD Parcel Wizard
    Waiting for stock before it gets shipped but I see from someone in the HDUK site that Currys expecting 50+ units next week so hopefully I will get one of those

Any concerns using DPD Parcel Wizard for a large and fragile item such as a TV? Thought I read somewhere they don't offer extended cover so what happens if they loose or damage your package
    I've never used them previously but with ParcelMotel having increased prices and now not accepting oversized items will have to switch. Based on the product dimensions looks like delivery from DPD Parcel Wizard will cost €21, pricey enough vs ParcelMotel which would have been €14 but that's to your door rather than having to collect at their parcel hub.

We really are at such a disadvantage in the south when it comes to product availability and pricing.

Any concerns using DPD Parcel Wizard for a large and fragile item such as a TV? Thought I read somewhere they don't offer extended cover so what happens if they loose or damage your package
    I've never used them previously but with ParcelMotel having increased prices and now not accepting oversized items will have to switch. Based on the product dimensions looks like delivery from DPD Parcel Wizard will cost €21, pricey enough vs ParcelMotel which would have been €14 but that's to your door rather than having to collect at their parcel hub.

We really are at such a disadvantage in the south when it comes to product availability and pricing.

No concerns until you posted this....now you have me worried

I just had delivery of a €250 Microwave and had to return it as it was faulty
    They delivered a replacement this morning and no issues with delivery either time. Box was in perfect condition
    Hopefully everything will work out ok

I see in their T&Cs the below

Anyone care to break down to lay man terms?

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
    Subject to these conditions, our liability to you for any loss or damage shall be limited to the following amounts:-

The replacement value of any goods or merchandise comprising all or part of the Consignment which are stolen, lost or damaged; OR
    EUR €100 (one hundred euro) in respect of the whole Consignment,
    whichever shall be the least, save that where applicable consumer protection law requires payment by us of a greater amount, our liability shall be limited to such greater amount.

Any claim made must be supported by such evidence of the value of the goods lost or damaged as we may require.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I wanted them to deliver an Electric Fire recently from the UK. Any courier I checked when making a booking won't cover anything with glass components for delivery from the UK. I took a chance anyway as I knew I could replace the glass cheaply if it was broken..

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Couple of questions re: the 50”

Does this tv support Saorview and have a sat tuner?

Is this one of the best bang for buck offers around for tvs under 1000?

Do people think that RS will have a decent offer on this.

And finally is it worthwhile waiting for a similar bang for buck come Black Friday?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Seriously thinking about the PHILIPS 70PUS9005/12 from Currys UK . Currently waiting for Philips Hue Play gradient lightstrip for my Panasonic 65" . Which will give better results , Ambilight TV of Philips Hue Play gradient lightstrip ??

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Anyone get an estimated Delivery date on the TV in the OP from Amazon? Ordered Wednesday and still no estimated date or email to say it's been dispatched. Appreciate that Amazon are probably very busy with shipping at the minute...just wondering if anyone else in same boat?

Yep arriving Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

tadgho wrote: »
    Anyone get an estimated Delivery date on the TV in the OP from Amazon? Ordered Wednesday and still no estimated date or email to say it's been dispatched. Appreciate that Amazon are probably very busy with shipping at the minute...just wondering if anyone else in same boat?

I'm in the same boat, hopefully we will still get the deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I actually ordered the Philips 7805 model on weds, got an email saying they hadn't a delivery date yet, yesterday got a mail saying 19th/20th and an hour ago one saying it will be this Sunday 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

sharkman wrote: »
    Seriously thinking about the PHILIPS 70PUS9005/12 from Currys UK . Currently waiting for Philips Hue Play gradient lightstrip for my Panasonic 65" . Which will give better results , Ambilight TV of Philips Hue Play gradient lightstrip ??

There is one of these left in Blanchardstown, I have just left there. Not showing online, but is in store.

I just picked up the 58PUS7855

I got the 43” from original post. Delivered by Amazon this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Beagslife

Original OP 42" back in stock on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

kaerobe wrote: »
    I got the 43” from original post. Delivered by Amazon this morning

Can I ask what company delivered it, An Post/DPD etc.? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,584 ✭✭✭billyhead

Beagslife wrote: »
    Original OP 42" back in stock on Amazon.

Is this Philips TV better than a Sony Bravia or LG OLED TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

billyhead wrote: »
    Is this Philips TV better than a Sony Bravia or LG OLED TV?

Oled is a different league altogether.

Can I ask what company delivered it, An Post/DPD etc.? :)

As above. Delivered by Amazon

kaerobe wrote: »
    As above. Delivered by Amazon

Amazon are not the courier...

• Advertisement

Truckermal wrote: »
    Amazon are not the courier...

Yes.... they were. Amazon have a distribution centre in ireland now and deliver a lot of items themselves. You track via the app itself. Own branded vans etc.

Advertisement