Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,434 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So criminals families are holding the guards to ransom, by threatening not to hold a funeral if another criminal is not brought from prison to see (pay respects ;)) !! These cookers are laughing at the system,even when convicted.
    Could they not just wats app a pic to him on his illegal phone.
    Beggars belief if true. No wonder there's no money for garda resources.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers.

Don't believe anything in the Sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭the sheriff is HERE

Don't believe everything you read in the papers.

Don't believe anything in the Sun.

youre right, but a crime hack there has very good information, and shouldn't be discounted just because he works for the sun, follow names not papers.

i certainly believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Ireland needs to make criminal gangs "proscribed organisations" like the terrorist groups during the Troubles, so that anyone with a remote association to any of this sh!t can be jailed for no reason other than being one of them. But I don't think our government have the spine to do this.

Do we not have any conspiracy law in this country?

Couple of things that have puzzled me about the ongoing feud, one, I get that the ‘head’ or ‘heads’ are in a foreign haven which prohibits the police from extradition however it appears that other key members are either here or are back and forth to uk for matches etc, how have they not been lifted and held as in the dogs in the street seem to know who’s driving this, a very close relative of a victim being one, I know evidence is required however are there are no emergency powers the police can use to lift someone if the guards are satisfied that they are involved, such as what happened with ira in days gone by?
    Interment was the best gift the British gave to the Republicans in Northern Ireland. It turned the community completely against the State into the hands of the paramilitaries.

Ireland needs to make criminal gangs "proscribed organisations" like the terrorist groups during the Troubles, so that anyone with a remote association to any of this sh!t can be jailed for no reason other than being one of them. But I don't think our government have the spine to do this.

Do we not have any conspiracy law in this country?

i like that idea, but our prisons would be full in a day, if not already full at the moment, whats stopping someone saying he's a gangster to get them locked up?

i think ireland has a conspiracy or one of joint enterprise law, lets see how that gets on the 2 of February 2018.

can ireland recind gangsters passports or tell them no youre not allowed in? and pay for a one way ticket to Africa?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

a female too is hell bent on revenge , i was wondering that myself, how can they be so flash with watches cars but theyre connected to legit business people too, they're using disposable people (to them) who owes them debts.

they are using encryption and a personal closed server either in Holland, Canada or Spain. a female was caught coming into dublin Airport with a load of encrypted phone, and the customs and guards had to give them back to her knowing who she was bringing them in for, there money and debts owed to them theyre making vulnerable people do their dirty work.

i broke up your post to try answer you intriguing questions.

Cheers for reply, so the key lies with the phones they are using, I imagine hack proof, although I wonder with assistance from International police forces such as FBI would the technology possibly exist to get into the phones, im sure with their experience in targeting terror cells etc and criminal outfits that they could possibly have the technology.

I do think the guards will eventually get a break but there seriously needs to be a hard look at giving them extra powers such as internment etc, unprecedented times calls for unprecedented measures. I find it unbelievable that the likes of the sun can regularly post stories about 4/5 people calling them the leaders of the gang here in Ireland and uk yet they can walk around unimpeded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

WTF are the sun doing posting pictures CRISPIN RODWELL - THE SUN DUBLIN of the people carrying Derek's coffin, thats how the kinahans get their information FFS yet block out reg plates.
    Just because that's where you get your 'info' :rolleyes: doesn't mean the Kinahans get it there.Jesus wept.:rolleyes:

The fact they are killing and getting away with it would indicate they get good info and get it securely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Jesus H, this thread is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Interment was the best gift the British gave to the Republicans in Northern Ireland. It turned the community completely against the State into the hands of the paramilitaries.

Interesting point is that internment backfired massively for the brits but the irish government used it very successfully a few times because they knew just who they wanted to lift.

The problem is that Irish governments love bringing in exceptional emergency measures and then making them the norm

• Advertisement

Cheers for reply, so the key lies with the phones they are using, I imagine hack proof, although I wonder with assistance from International police forces such as FBI would the technology possibly exist to get into the phones, im sure with their experience in targeting terror cells etc and criminal outfits that they could possibly have the technology.

a university in Holland and a Israeli company called sunbright (ill check that in a minute) have broken encryption.

im of the thinking find their server/s and you have everything but they could have multiple servers they've that much money.

i seen a thing about the guards wanting to speak to Daniel because he can be directly linked to a crim brought in for a hit, maybe the answers are in the gangsters outside ireland.

cellebrite is the company.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.deepdotweb.com/2016/11/08/israeli-security-company-can-crack-iphone-encryption-works-fbi/amp/

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/phys.org/news/2016-04-dutch-police-encrypted-network.amp

it doesn't say a uni broke the encryption but point still stands its breakable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

pilly wrote:

Is he with the Kinahans or Hutch?

pilly wrote: »

why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

That's because the IRA were ideological. The drug gangs are just in it for the money. There's very little loyalty past that.

That's because the IRA were ideological. The drug gangs are just in it for the money. There's very little loyalty past that.

100 % Agreed, two completely different situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

It'a almost comical the lengths we go to protect the unborn considering we can't even protect the living. Ok you can say its bad elements killing each other but still that does not make the killing right. As for how you stop it it will probably require the kinahan's abroad to call a halt as the slaughter seems to be one sided in terms of numbers.

• Advertisement

A friend came along the North Strand on her way to work this morning. It seemed as if the body was just covered by a tarpaulin at that time - no tent or other covering, which was a bit eerie.

Would this be normal, some 10 hours after the event?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

A friend came along the North Strand on her way to work this morning. It seemed as if the body was just covered by a tarpaulin at that time - no tent or other covering, which was a bit eerie.

Nah, the tarp was still there 'til lunchtime but the body was well gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

It most certainly wouldn't be normal considering he was taken to hospital after being shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sorry, a bit of a long one.
    are they using some sort of code to pass the information onto would be hitmen? Hitmen which seem to be in good supply for them.

The encryption system is a German one 'used by multinational financial organisations'.
    I think i may have put 2+2 together and got 5 here.
    How much is 30kg 'street value' according to the EuroPol or whoever decides it?
    Is it worth £14m (or was it in 2012).

That aside, it looks like Daniel Kinahans days of being free may be numbered.

There is a link that is NSFW, i am not sure i can post it here.
    It says, among other things that a criminal organisation known as 'The Turtles' from The Netherlands, were accused of stealing £14m worth of cocaine from Naoufal Fassih in 2012, leading to (so far) 16 deaths in The Netherlands, Belgium and Spain. Naoufal Fassih was arrested in a Kinahan safe house in Dublin around this time last year. His right hand man El Rico was arrested in November.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/el-rico-kinahan-3822185-Jan2018/

This article talks again about Daniel Kinahan double-crossing, or reneging on Gary Hutch, and mentions:
    The source claimed that Gary Hutch had information that the Kinahan cartel had "stolen" 30kg of cocaine from another Dutch gang, which they then blamed on a different criminal group.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/kinahans-offer-1m-bounty-for-gerry-hutch-but-only-if-they-can-get-him-alive-35404758.html

Suckit wrote: »
    Sorry, a bit of a long one.

The encryption system is a German one 'used by multinational financial organisations'.
    I think i may have put 2+2 together and got 5 here.
    How much is 30kg 'street value' according to the EuroPol or whoever decides it?
    Is it worth £14m (or was it in 2012).

That aside, it looks like Daniel Kinahans days of being free may be numbered.

There is a link that is NSFW, i am not sure i can post it here.
    It says, among other things that a criminal organisation known as 'The Turtles' from The Netherlands, were accused of stealing £14m worth of cocaine from Naoufal Fassih in 2012, leading to (so far) 16 deaths in The Netherlands, Belgium and Spain. Naoufal Fassih was arrested in a Kinahan safe house in Dublin around this time last year. His right hand man El Rico was arrested in November.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/el-rico-kinahan-3822185-Jan2018/

This article talks again about Daniel Kinahan double-crossing, or reneging on Gary Hutch, and mentions:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/kinahans-offer-1m-bounty-for-gerry-hutch-but-only-if-they-can-get-him-alive-35404758.html

this is why i come to boards.ie.

i was thinking to myself how is gerry staying ahead of the kinahans, he has to be getting help from international people, and what you link to is probably why.

that independent link, sounds exactly like soarseans account here, word for word, mmmm, look who wrote the independent article.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/11/irish-journalists-threatened-by-dublin-gangs

also seercryer put Gareth hutche name here as a rat 24 hours before he was killed by inla bomber and foxy. i checked seercryers twitter with not my own account by a fake one, Christopher k, macklin gym and a load of others and blocked my old account because i asked him questions here, he has a bot now on HIS twitter to tell who follows and unfollows him.

mink kok, bmw used in attemped hit on danial but shot jamie moore. mmmmm

• Advertisement

also seercryer put Gareth hutche name here as a rat 24 hours before he was killed by inla bomber and foxy. i checked seercryers twitter with not my own account by a fake one, Christopher k, macklin gym and a load of others and blocked my old account because i asked him questions here, he has a bot now on HIS twitter to tell who follows and unfollows him.
    :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

sorry, i dont understand, please use words, thank you.

sorry, i dont understand, please use words, thank you.
    ,,,,,,,,,,, .

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/a-look-into-new-documentary-my-war-on-drugs-825426.html

My War On Drugs: True Lives airs on TV3 on Wednesday, January 31, at 9pm.

this program will give people an insight in drug addiction/s.

is anyone here watching this program?

very interesting, and the lady reminds me of racheal Keogh (the lady with the rotten arms, years ago)

://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/heroin-addict-flees-custody-over-lack-of-treatment-26373241.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,495 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not the same since the banlist went invisible...

Not your ornery onager

is anyone here watching this program?

very interesting, and the lady reminds me of racheal Keogh (the lady with the rotten arms, years ago)

://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/heroin-addict-flees-custody-over-lack-of-treatment-26373241.html

Just watching it now. Missed first twenty mins. Is this Dublin city north?

Just watching it now. Missed first twenty mins. Is this Dublin city north?

i wouldn't know too much about areas in dublin, thats why i come here to ye.

a very good program and well done, the young guys talking about tablet abuse, misuse and knew everything was sad(for me) we haven't (as a country) learnt anything in the last 30, 40 years about legal and illegal drug abuse.

even the ladys saying when youre put on methadone, youre left on it and it kills addicts faster than illegal heroin.

a sad but very good program by tv3.

and fair play to the lady, best of look on your journalism course and future endeavors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

southstar wrote: »
    How old are you ....like six..??

I know what the deal is and how these people think.

The reality is if someone murdered a close relative/friend, they dont want them to die with a smile on their face.

i wouldn't know too much about areas in dublin, thats why i come here to ye.
    Ahh that will explain the comma's. Don't use goggle translate:rolleyes:

Ahh that will explain the comma's. Don't use goggle translate:rolleyes:

sorry, but i got a mod warning today because i defended myself, and another from a admin a few mins ago, im actively engaging with posters, all because a few of ye dont like me, not that it bothers me. maybe its because they (the owners of boards) dont like these kind of threads, i dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

why?

Don’t pay any attention sheriff. Some posters have nothing whatsoever to offer on any thread except to moan and whine about it, critise other posts, bitch about other posters. Nothing interesting to say themselves, just going around putting other people down.
    Forum life is the same as real life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭6541

I am following this feud closely. I am fascinated by it. I think it's very unique because Ireland is so small. Some commentators have stated that so much damage has been inflicted that it is now a generational thing. The fall out from this is going to go on for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

pilly wrote: »

Why are you reading and posting in it then ?

6541 wrote: »
    I am following this feud closely. I am fascinated by it. I think it's very unique because Ireland is so small. Some commentators have stated that so much damage has been inflicted that it is now a generational thing. The fall out from this is going to go on for years.

That’s a good point, a lot of sons/relatives in the future will be seeking revenge, this will drag for a long time unless key people are taken out of commission by police or by the sword.

Another very puzzling piece to the whole feud is how very little retaliation there has been from the other side, there seems to be quite a large extended family on the northside and Dublin is a very small city there must be knowledge of who a lot of these gunmen are on the street, yet nothing. Is there in reality actually a hutch gang at all or is that pure spin from the media

Wherever you have drugs for sale you’ll have guns and mistrust and betrayal and suspicion to a paranoia level.
    Then it all comes to a head like this with video game type tit for tat slaughter.
    Gerry Hutch must be sitting wherever he’s hiding tonight wishing he’d never been tempted to get involved.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Wherever you have drugs for sale you’ll have guns and mistrust and betrayal and suspicion to a paranoia level.
    Then it all comes to a head like this with video game type tit for tat slaughter.
    Gerry Hutch must be sitting wherever he’s hiding tonight wishing he’d never been tempted to get involved.

I hear ya but in this case it hasn’t been tit for tat, as in a typical feud, there’s been next to no retaliation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

Swanner wrote: »
    Why are you reading and posting in it then ?

must admit when i first read this thread i was motivated by sympathy for the victims of these killings, and the wider communities, but having read it i am fast moving to the "lock 'em all in a room and let 'em slaughter one another" attitude.
    :o:o:o

I hear ya but in this case it hasn’t been tit for tat, as in a typical feud, there’s been next to no retaliation.

That’s true. You’d have to wonder is Hutch planning something big or, more likely, he’s sick over the heartbreak he’s brought on his family and absolutely scared ****less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

not for feud related killing alright, but gangs in limerick have become more intelligent, due to the dum dums down fall, which was of there own making, killing people because a person refused entry to an underage person.

its all about making money, without getting heat from gardai.

A load of bull.

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »

A load of bull.

no problem, what answers to questions would you like ill give all the answers to any questions you pose to me.

remember dublin guards were sent to limerick and where using in your face, hassle hassle tactics.

will dublin have to get English people over to hassle dublin criminal or american police?

Where in Limerick?

Using hassle hassle tactics is not trying to get heat from the Gardai? Likely a bunch of teenagers acting the maggot.

?? its all about now avoiding heat from gardai and making money, i think the last major shooting was christy keans in 2015 i think.

didnt the gardai use april collins to put john dun dun away and secure a conviction against paddy doyle brother for the murder of innocent rugby player in raheen.

i can give you everything you want just ask.
    Where in Limerick?

what do you mean where in limerick?

Who was hassling who in Limerick?

didnt the gardai use april collins to put john dun dun away and secure a conviction against paddy doyle brother for the murder of innocent rugby player in raheen.

i

What is the problem with that?

That was the McCarthy Dundon days not now.

• Advertisement

Who was hassling who in Limerick?

eru from dublin were hassling in your face tactics Wayne,

youtube dundons Limerick a video 8 minutes long from 4.45 minutes thats is eru following waynes gold passat from weston to st marys park with his missus driving.

im saying its worse now, because of all that heat, they limerick crims are more intelligent and want to just make money, killing is bad for business.

eru from dublin were hassling in your face tactics Wayne,

you dundons Limerick a video 8 minutes long from 4.45 minutes thats is eru following waynes gold passat from weston to st marys park with his missus driving.

Good. They should keep it up with the current crop of scum.

Good. They should keep it up with the current crop of scum.

limerick is worse now is my point and dublin gangland is taking away resources from other parts of the country, does dublin need english police or american to hassle dublin gangsters?

you said what i posted was a load of bull, i can give you more if you want.

limerick is worse now is my point and dublin gangland is taking away resources from other parts of the country.

you said what i posted was a load of bull, i can give you more if you want.

Man that happened years ago with the whole Pike Inn, Steering wheel incident. You're living in the past.

Man that happened years ago with the whole Pike Inn, Steering wheel incident. You're living in the past.

im not, limericks gangs problems are worse now because all they want to do is make money.

if you pose specific questions to me i can answer why i believe that its worse now.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/three-irish-men-held-in-kinahan-raid-remanded-by-dutch-court-36331032.html

The more senior of the Limerick criminals handed over €600,000 to the Criminal Assets Bureau in 2014, after gardaí found the money in a property linked to him.

1.2 million found in a field
    http://www.thejournal.ie/cash-seizure-limerick-1223841-Dec2013/

im not from Limerick either but i can name the crim.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement