Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

tomofson wrote: »
    Yeah thats the first one i heard him being suggested for, I did read in one report he may have done mad mickey too but I doubt that.

It says in that article (two or three posts up) that he was suspected of Mad Mickeys murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Brown bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Brown bread.

Yeah, wonder will there be retaliation?

By any chance was he related to one of the murdered men in pearse street in which gary howard was convicted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Brown bread.

Is it RH?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

By any chance was he related to one of the murdered men in pearse street in which gary howard was convicted?

Yes.
    Is it RH?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would the area not have been saturated with Gardaí with the wake of the other shooting victim going on this evening only walking distance away from it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Jesus, there is no messing with these lads.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yes.

So two members of the same family where murdered eight years apart and both in january.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Would the area not have been saturated with Gardaí with the wake of the other shooting victim going on this evening only walking distance away from it?

Some Garda has a few extra quid for the Dublin Racing Festival

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭the sheriff is HERE

guards are stretched to the max, there's feuds within feud, feuding factions, using hitmen, from other factions, they're trying to protect lives, this is fcuking mental.

So two members of the same family where murdered eight years apart and both in january.

It would seem. Although the difference is that tonight's victim has a rap sheet as long as the Old Testament. Heavily involved and one of his immediate family was/is dating one of the Hutches afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

A relation of his was close to being whacked a while back when they stopped 4 men on route to kill him.

A relation of his was close to being whacked a while back when they stopped 4 men on route to kill him.

That's true. They also went to do him in jail juist before he was released. If I was him I'd be gone at this stage if he's not already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭the sheriff is HERE

Yeah thats the first one i heard him being suggested for, I did read in one report he may have done mad mickey too but I doubt that.

again, without naming names.

the guy mad mickey tried to kill(he doesn't use phones Oliver Bond Street flats ) he was, or still is kinahan aligned?

using hitmen from other side, shows how closely all these guys were.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

guards are stretched to the max, there's feuds within feud, feuding factions, using hitmen, from other factions, they're trying to protect lives, this is fcuking mental.

Yes I'd have still thought for the night that was in it there would have been checkpoints at every road in and out tonight, perhaps there was and it still happened?

I can't be the only one who has "thrift store" in their head now can I?

again, without naming names.

the guy mad mickey tried to kill(he doesn't use phones Oliver Bond Street flats ) he was, or still is kinahan aligned?

Yeah they are all interconnected in some way or another and even the ones who are fighting do business with each other when it means money.

I didn't know he was related to that guy who dodged bullets back in september, that is new to me. But I knew he was attacked by Gary Howard so it sort of makes sense now.

And yeah the leader of the lynch mob is kinihan aligned.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The complex is one of those [ shaped ones, with small side roads going the whole way around the back of it, a small gap between each of the blocks, and several large open areas behind it and leading off towards the canal, which would only take a jump over a wall to access. Would give a prospective assassin plenty of cover from which to observe the target's movements and get away in the ensuing confusion after shooting him.

pkHtqvR.jpg

KFCGqrh.png

Dublin City is small enough that all crims tend to know each other or at least know of each other. When they get stupid short sentences in prison, they just network and add to their contacts. It's mental. Plus there was plenty of overlapping until a few years back. It's ridiculously one sided at this stage.

• Advertisement

**** dublin criminal.
    Then thats related to the ballymun murders

Not neccesarily. His sister is or was dating a Hutch. That's enough of a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Theres been squad cars and check points all around the area near the NCI this week and the helicoptor was around most nights, i actually noticed that i hadnt heard it earlier on tonight but then it got going later on

Dublin City is small enough that all crims tend to know each other or at least know of each other. When they get stupid short sentences in prison, they just network and add to their contacts. It's mental. Plus there was plenty of overlapping until a few years back. It's ridiculously one sided at this stage.

I once read that many of those involved in the Rattigan vs Thompson feud of the 2000s were in the same school and grew up together. Crazy that childhood friendships could turn to bitter enmity over drugs and the proceeds thereof. :(

Not neccesarily. His sister is or was dating a Hutch. That's enough of a reason.

Well that and the fact they knew he would have no problem pulling a trigger would be well enough reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I think the Garda are going to come in for some criticism on this one. Looks like they have been shown up, major funeral tomorrow and someone shot dead the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

TallGlass wrote: »
    I think the Garda are going to come in for some criticism on this one. Looks like they have been shown up, major funeral tomorrow and someone shot dead the night before.

I don’t know what it is you want the Gardai to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The complex is one of those [ shaped ones, with small side roads going the whole way around the back of it, a small gap between each of the blocks, and several large open areas behind it and leading off towards the canal, which would only take a jump over a wall to access. Would give a prospective assassin plenty of cover from which to observe the target's movements and get away in the ensuing confusion after shooting him.

pkHtqvR.jpg

KFCGqrh.png
    Yeah there are a few lanes and blind spots but it's hardly a maze. Gardai will presumably blame resourcing which is fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

How can dublin and Ireland create such gangs?

Were such a small country, its baffling.

splinter65 wrote: »
    I don’t know what it is you want the Gardai to do.

I don't blame the Gardai but I do blame the courts and to a certain extent our politicians. Anyone with convictions for anything even remotely related to this feud or related to either of the main factions involved should be locked up for long enough for it to blow over. In the US they have laws to treat a gang as a criminal conspiracy, in which one only has to prove a crime by one member to charge everyone in the organisation with culpability for that - most of these guys have numerous convictions for violent, gang-related crime which begs the question why the hell aren't they already in prison?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Thesomersarms

Lot going around that it’s ballymun related but from reading this guy was also a suspect in shooting at Sheridan court last summer and nearly every article says he was hutch aligned, given the track record of kinahan crew it’s pointing to them particularly with the shooting connection if that’s true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement