Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

how then is recidivism much higher in the US, than softer European countries such as Norway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

comments closed as usually
    I actually got banned from posting on thejournal.ie comment section. It was about migrants being not genuine refugees. They not only deleted that comment but erasered my whole comments. I was one of the first ever on there to comment(over 7 years) and they wiped my profile out including all comments even unrelated to these topics. I suppose they didn't like a 7+year badge speaking out about it. I know these two sites (TheJournal.ie/Boards.ie) are run by the same company. They silenced me because i said it like it was, My username was Finipops,(On TheJournal) just incase others like to know.
    Anything against the grain and they'll shut you down. Others who doubted people about "young Asylum seeker "
    https://news.sky.com/story/asylum-seeker-who-claimed-to-be-15-and-joined-school-is-an-adult-11561810

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

Sciprio wrote: »
    I actually got banned from posting on thejournal.ie comment section. It was about migrants being not genuine refugees. They not only deleted that comment but erasered my whole comments. I was one of the first ever on there to comment(over 7 years) and they wiped my profile out including all comments even unrelated to these topics. I suppose they didn't like a 7+year badge speaking out about it. I know these two sites (TheJournal.ie/Boards.ie) are run by the same company. They silenced me because i said it like it was, My username was Finipops,(On TheJournal) just incase others like to know.
    Anything against the grain and they'll shut you down.

Is Boards.ie any different?

Is Boards.ie any different?
    They own both sites but TheJournal was more popular and i happened to get a lot of thumbs up and after they removed that on articles were i happen to remind people of previous polititicans mistakes, I would post articles and replies to stories posted that would be unfavourable to "Howya boss" and like the nigerian gangs in dublin. They wiped all my comments even unrelated to these topics. This site can do the same as they're owned by the same group but at TheJournal i had a 7+badge on my profile and i suppose how could racist me be here for that long? Boards is Ireland but TheJournal, this was international.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Anything against the grain and they'll shut you down. Others who doubted people about "young Asylum seeker "
    https://news.sky.com/story/asylum-seeker-who-claimed-to-be-15-and-joined-school-is-an-adult-11561810

Yeah I used to post a few comments calling Sinn Fein and their hypocrisy out.

They totally deleted my account and I wasn’t able to post anymore.

The irony of them slating the government everyday yet they actually control what people can say and see on their page.

The journal is a disgrace of a rag.

Yeah I used to post a few comments calling Sinn Fein and their hypocrisy out.

They totally deleted my account and I wasn’t able to post anymore.

The irony of them slating the government everyday yet they actually control what people can say and see on their page.

The journal is a disgrace of a rag.
    I don't need to prove anything to you but i know what happened to me. And yes i could create get around that easily, and that's what they what is the clicks. I agree. If you sprout **** then i'll call you out on it., silencing people doesn't do anything apart from whats coming. Keep blocking and evenually someone else will take the place.

I don't need to prove anything to you but i know what happened to me. And yes i could create get around that easily, and that's what they what is the clicks. I agree. If you sprout **** then i'll call you out on it., silencing people doesn't do anything apart from whats coming. Keep blocking and evenually someone else will take the place.

I never said I didn’t believe you???

I never said I didn’t believe you???
    That's fair enough. To those who blocked/Will block. Well, This is a small country . If you keep silencing the opposition opinion then we'll make our own. :)

That's fair enough. To those who blocked/Will block. Well, This is a small country . If you keep silencing the opposition opinion then we'll make our own. :)

You’ve lost me.

I was agreeing with you now I have no idea what you’re on about.

Good luck.

• Advertisement

You’ve lost me.

I was agreeing with you now I have no idea what you’re on about.

Good luck.
    That wasn't directed at you but unlike others, I will not silence you fom your opinion.

That wasn't directed at you but unlike others, I will not silence you fom your opinion.

lol ok!!

lol ok!!
    Tokes! Like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

"Comments are closed for legal reasons"

Equals:
    We're not willing to allow comments condemning the perpetrators of this crime.
    We don't believe in certain people taking responsibility for their actions.
    We don't give a toss about the victims of this crime, we'd rather make excuses for the criminals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

"Comments are closed for legal reasons"

Equals:
    We're not willing to allow comments condemning the perpetrators of this crime.
    We don't believe in certain people taking responsibility for their actions.
    We don't give a toss about the victims of this crime, we'd rather make excuses for the criminals.

Funny enough, YouTube recommend me the below video which suggests it'll soon be a crime to even publicly disagree with the migration crusade.

If even half of that is true it's a very scary time, particularly the antics at 15:45

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

He's from finglas, just lives here.

Baked Beans, what a name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Funny enough, YouTube recommend me the below video which suggests it'll soon be a crime to even publicly disagree with the migration crusade.

If even half of that is true it's a very scary time, particularly the antics at 15:45

I’ve to go to a party in Balbriggan tonight. Not looking forward to trying to get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Clytus wrote: »
    ah stop with the conspiracy theories!
    Your right to a degree..theres been stuff posted by people obviously involved in this feud.

Otherwise Im lost!

In fairness, that's been true right from the start. On the day of the Regency shooting, I remember the thread about it here was full of wild speculation as to who might have been responsible but with no one really having a clue, and then some newly registered account with no previous posts jumped in and said "Or maybe it's about a certain North inner city family not lying down and f*cking taking it anymore", and everyone was like "ok, this is getting interesting, who dafuq is THAT guy" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just reading the details about the Estonian hitman convicted yesterday of an attempt to murder Gately. The hitman had a Blackberry phone with texts on it discussing logistics for the hit. It was said in court that the communications were between him and three other people- 2 in Ireland and one in Dubai. During the raid on the Estonian hitman the Garda who seized his Blackberry photographed the text messages on it with his own phone.

When he scrolled to the end the messages were then suddenly deleted remotely. This had me wondering how did one of the three others know to delete them remotely exactly at the same time a raid was taking place? Was there a tip off back to Dubai that a raid was taking place on the hitman? It sounds fishy to me but someone must have known something,I cant believe it was a coincidence and it suggests the possibility of the Kinahans having an informant within the Gardai. How else would they have known to delete those messages remotely at that exact point in time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Just reading the details about the Estonian hitman convicted yesterday of an attempt to murder Gately. The hitman had a Blackberry phone with texts on it discussing logistics for the hit. It was said in court that the communications were between him and three other people- 2 in Ireland and one in Dubai. During the raid on the Estonian hitman the Garda who seized his Blackberry photographed the text messages on it with his own phone.

When he scrolled to the end the messages were then suddenly deleted remotely. This had me wondering how did one of the three others know to delete them remotely exactly at the same time a raid was taking place? Was there a tip off back to Dubai that a raid was taking place on the hitman? It sounds fishy to me but someone must have known something,I cant believe it was a coincidence and it suggests the possibility of the Kinahans having an informant within the Gardai. How else would they have known to delete those messages remotely at that exact point in time?

They also said the messages were protected by a 15 digit encryption code, it must have been very easy to decipher that code too!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Those blackberry phones do it all automatically. They used to seem to cost a fair bit too, but now an iPhone costs over €1000, so they don't seem that expensive. That would also have been why he photographed the messages.

They get shut down in a few Countries, but not illegal here afaik.
    https://ghostpgp.com/
    http://www.toppgp.com/our-pgp-encryption/
    https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/a34b7b/phantom-secure-sinaloa-drug-cartel-encrypted-blackberry
    https://encrophone.com/en/
    Messages that Self-Destruct
    With our advanced burn a user can force wipe their own messages from another user’s device using a timer countdown.
    Panic Wipe
    From screen lock a user can type in a PIN and instantly wipe device’s data.
    Password Wipe
    After a set amount of password attempts on device all data is wiped.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »

That’s actually the most interesting theory I have read on this thread.

First thing I thought when I heard it was how did they know to press delete so quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Not sure what you mean that i copied it a few places?

yes, a few people have been picked up...but none of the inner circle. An ISIS Jihadi John picks up a mobile phone with a TOR VPN and starts yappin..within a few mins an Allied Predator drops a 500lb HE on his moped!! So why is it that we have the Kinahan OCG that poses a clearer and more present danger than any Islamic terror group, that they are left to their own devices? There's something amiss

How is it the resources of Interpol and Europol cant nail a single international drug dealing outfit like the Kinahans?

How did he even get an apology from lovin dubai that's fecked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I would wager that they delete messages remotely every hour or so. Many encryption apps have this as an option even without input, so all messages get wiped after an hour (e.g. if you look at a low-level version, like Signal, you can set this up to, if you're cheating on yer bird or something :p). Of course with DK it's very possible he was tipped off though I imagine anyone on this raid is super carefully selected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Not sure what you mean that i copied it a few places?

yes, a few people have been picked up...but none of the inner circle. An ISIS Jihadi John picks up a mobile phone with a TOR VPN and starts yappin..within a few mins an Allied Predator drops a 500lb HE on his moped!! So why is it that we have the Kinahan OCG that poses a clearer and more present danger than any Islamic terror group, that they are left to their own devices? There's something amiss

How is it the resources of Interpol and Europol cant nail a single international drug dealing outfit like the Kinahans?

Jihadis are infamously not very disciplined with tech, they often use crappy VPNs and all their Tor exit nodes likely backdoored and whatnot. They even have social media accounts! (That's how they get bombed really).

However, I am sure it is well-known where DK is, it's likely just an issue about what case to bring against him, you'd ideally want to catch him with evidence, so you'd need him red-handed or somewhere super close to him. Only then would you be using the political capital to get Dubai to perform such a risky af raid. It's also very possible that like many big names before him he's actually an asset or seen as 'the devil we know.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

scopper wrote: »
    However, I am sure it is well-known where DK is, it's likely just an issue about what case to bring against him, you'd ideally want to catch him with evidence, so you'd need him red-handed or somewhere super close to him. Only then would you be using the political capital to get Dubai to perform such a risky af raid. It's also very possible that like many big names before him he's actually an asset or seen as 'the devil we know.'

The UAE is an autocratic country with a big secret service. They have hired ex CIA and FBI officers to beef it up in the aftermath of the Arab Spring. Theyve shown in the past that they have no problems throwing foreigners in prison even for such crimes as kissing in public. There is no way that they dont know who Daniel Kinahan is and his involvement in the drugs trade. The fact they gave him a visa to live and operate there suggests he has greased the right palms. That could change in the future but even then it must be next to impossible for the Gardai to get evidence on him that would stand up in court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That’s actually the most interesting theory I have read on this thread.

First thing I thought when I heard it was how did they know to press delete so quick.

Most likely had a timer on them, or another method of self-delete.
    It's also possible that somebody else in or around the house contacted the right people once the house was raided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Did yer man Fran survive the busted hole he got in the joy or what's the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

I posted this a few days ago and i got thread banned lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

I’ve to go to a party in Balbriggan tonight. Not looking forward to trying to get home.

Don’t worry it’s crap weather tonight they won’t be out. Africans aren’t renowned for their resilience to Irish weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Anyone who doubts the behaviour (alleged or otherwise) should try travelling on a northbound committer train on a Friday or Saturday night after 9pm. I did just that.

What I witnessed just beggars belief. Mind you I'd say there was 'only' about 40 of them with token white teenagers & 'chungwans' a part of the same group. Absolute thuggery!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

Anyone who doubts the behaviour (alleged or otherwise) should try travelling on a northbound committer train on a Friday or Saturday night after 9pm. I did just that.

What I witnessed just beggars belief. Mind you I'd say there was 'only' about 40 of them with token white teenagers & 'chungwans' a part of the same group. Absolute thuggery!

"of them"
    >them

wow racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The pictures of the messages on the phone should show who sent them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Wow! Excellent deflection. That's me all told.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

"of them"
    >them

wow racist

How is what he said racist? Anyone in balbriggan using the station will tell you it’s full of Africans hanging around in the evenings intimidating commuters, who are probably working all day to pay taxes for the houses their parents were given when they got out of Mosney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

My uncle lives in Balbriggan, visited it a few months back, lots of gangs, lots of late teen early 20s Africans hanging around with tarted up 13-15 year old white girls. The housing estates look worse then the townships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭emptyhouse2222

How is what he said racist? Anyone in balbriggan using the station will tell you it’s full of Africans hanging around in the evenings intimidating commuters, who are probably working all day to pay taxes for the houses their parents were given when they got out of Mosney.
    there's only one race and that's the human race ok

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

lol

"insert race " Lives matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What did they actually do??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

a colleague's son was beaten up and robbed by these people last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

racist

You sound like the poster who called me sexist for saying “my” wife and daughters..

It’s pathetic.

There’s nothing racist about using the term “they” to describe these scrotes..

Stop trying to police other people’s language based on your crazy notions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

a colleague's son was beaten up and robbed by these people last night.

Will you please retract your post for the sake of diversity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭enricoh

Still no sign of any cops at the train station on a Friday n Saturday night i take it?
    Less hassle rigging up a checkpoint n doing a few people for no tax. Whats a few muggings and assaults anyway!

Wow! Excellent deflection. That's me all told.

It's the standard response (which I've read 5 times in this instance and can't make sense of) - rather than respond to the point, pull out the - ist/-phobe card.

The whole migration subject is one that needs a constructive national debate as a priority - I'd say it's right up there with health and housing - but so long as the mainstream media continue to ignore the growing issues (except to attack those with concerns or do puff pieces on the 'new Irish') and the politicians are made up of virtue signalling EU sycophants, this problem will continue to grow.

Migration can be a valuable and positive asset to a country - not just economically but socially (as we saw in the late 90s) - but when you simply import thousands of people from the third world who have no skills and whose cultural and/or religious beliefs and practises are incompatible with a secular, socially liberal first world country it's inevitable that there will be serious issues unless you take steps to address those in advance.

But when you can't even have the conversation without the "look how progressive I am - click like" types screaming racist, two things will happen.

First, as above the problems like those described in this thread will continue to worsen, and secondly the native population who are living through this will harden their attitudes towards migrants in general and start to look towards those who promise to put their communities first - which will ultimately give rise to ACTUAL right wing extremists (as opposed to the current tactic of denouncing anyone who even questions this topic as such).

Unless we collectively want to see that happen in Ireland (and we're firmly on course for it as we've seen happen elsewhere in Europe), then it's time to start seriously discussing how we want (because it is still our choice regardless of what the EU might want) to deal with this.

the way we repeat the mistakes of our european neighbours is really amazing.

That's true too.. We seem to slavishly copy policy and the mistakes of others or give it enough of an "Irish twist" that it actually makes things even worse!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It truly boggles the mind SC. I could understand if this was a new running first time social experiment, but it's not. Every single EU nation has suffered the consequences of implementing this "multiculturalism" politic and over a couple of generations with it. It has done few favours for both the locals and the incoming people, especially the second and third generations.

Ireland had avoided this for a few reasons. For a start we had been dirt poor so only genuine asylum seekers and refugees tended to show up here(I knew one family of the former growing up). The "Celtic Tiger" changed that, especially when we were seen as a soft target. We might have headed it off then, but didn't. Our governments of all political stripes have two tendencies; copy whatever the UK and latterly the EU does, and be reactive, rather than proactive. These "gangs of Balbriggan" stem from those Celtic Tiger days, the first generation born here.

And still the muppets in power push for more of the same. You really couldn't make this nonsense up. Well I suppose you can, they did. Though I reckon much of it is down to those in power here only encounter these issues by remote control, it never directly impacts their lives. When you have asylum centres dropped into communities with zero consultation with the locals that tells you all you need to hear. The owners of the properties are happy out with their big cheques of course.

And like _Kaiser_ the more this goes on and is wilfully ignored or angrily dismissed the more frustration and anger on the ground will rise and not just among the native Irish people, the immigrant population will also suffer, again as we've seen time and bloody time again elsewhere.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Wow....why is this not getting national attention? It’s more serious than some of the stuff Joe Duffy and his listeners do be whining about.

We need a total re jig of the justice system and policing in this country. Zero tolerance....it’s unusual that one feels safer riding the subway in a huge metropolos like NYC than in small place like Dublin....surly we can fix our problems much easier.

enricoh wrote: »
    Still no sign of any cops at the train station on a Friday n Saturday night i take it?
    Less hassle rigging up a checkpoint n doing a few people for no tax. Whats a few muggings and assaults anyway!

To be fair to AGS in this instance, the cries of "police brutality", "racist-motivated targeting" etc would be deafening. That and AGS can't even deal with zombified junkies in the city, let alone dozens of aggressive teens who would have to be treated as minors under the law if they even get to a court room.

The problems here are our piss-poor justice system, and a society that either largely shouts in defence of these "poor misunderstood migrants" :rolleyes: or are paralysed to speak out for fear of being branded a racist - and in a world where online Twitter witch hunts have real repercussions on people's livelihoods and how they're perceived, can you really blame them?

I know two families, from Rwanda and Bosnia, that came here in the 90s. A woman and her son (husband killed) from Rwanda and a couple and I think one baby from Bosnia. Genuine refugees who were taken in by the state, their air fares were paid by some charity or other if memory serves, as these people had little more than the clothes on their backs. I also dont think they chose where they were going but they settled and one family have since gone home.

No one in their right mind would have any kind of problem with this.

However, the influx which happened coincidentally around the time our economy took off, in which people, the majority of whom were blatant economic migrants abusing the asylum process were admitted to direct provision camps and were ghettoized while allowed to make endless appeals while putting down roots - this was and remains an absolute sh1tshow.

We don't even have a colonizers past like the UK/Belgium/Netherlands/France which would go some way to explaining the ambiguous status of immigrants. Everything the hand of government touches in ireland turns to manure. It's like the Midas touch but instead of gold, it's feces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Jeff2 wrote: »
    The pictures of the messages on the phone should show who sent them.

It's an encrypted phone. They don't work like that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement