Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

crosstownk wrote: »
    WA today just after midday heading eastwards along the Strawberry Beds. I gave you a wave and shouted your name. You did wave back but not sure if you heard my shout.

Was he lost?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

shouted at a boardsie at some temporary lights between howth village and sutton. i think it might have been WA?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

godtabh wrote: »
    Was he lost?

He was doing a 186 km cycle exclusively in fingal (give or take a few metres at the borders)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Weepsie wrote: »
    He was doing a 186 km cycle exclusively in fingal (give or take a few metres at the borders)

Yep - the sequel to the county Dublin version from last week!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Yep - the sequel to the county Dublin version from last week!

is that the one on Sticky bottle?

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/club-cyclists-map-200km-dublin-border-lock-down-ride-on-strava/

Or something like this

Looking at strava today every one is at it!

• Advertisement

The route looks quite similar.

I saw another boardsie with a simialar route but hers was a few km shorter than WA.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

WA today just after midday heading eastwards along the Strawberry Beds. I gave you a wave and shouted your name. You did wave back but not sure if you heard my shout.
    Sorry S, I didn't hear your shout nor did I realise it was yourself.
    shouted at a boardsie at some temporary lights between howth village and sutton. i think it might have been WA?
    Possibly, but I don't recall a shout. Apologies for not responding if it was me. (Looking at FlyBy, I would have passed that point between 2.45 and 3pm.)

is that the one on Sticky bottle?

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/club-cyclists-map-200km-dublin-border-lock-down-ride-on-strava/

Or something like this

Looking at strava today every one is at it!
    I did it first back in late December 2017. Looking back at Strava, the average temp was 3 degrees and I must have done half of it in the dark.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1318859589

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Possibly, but I don't recall a shout. Apologies for not responding if it was me. (Looking at FlyBy, I would have passed that point between 2.45 and 3pm.)
    Definitely not you so, I was there around six.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

That was myself. Cracking evening to be out on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

For those of you seeing phantom WAs, the real thing is on the right. Seamus Ennis didn't seem too pleased with our anti-social distancing.

fCDD1sp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Where do you get the jerseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Omega28 wrote: »
    Where do you get the jerseys?
    i-believe-we-have-a-volunteer-400x250.jpg

Just joking :p Orders are organised every so often. Here's the last thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

The real WA powering up the hill past the church (left) in Howth this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Spotted Wishbone Ash nearing the summit pub at around eleven am Saturday
    . Tried to shout a hello but was still out of breath after coming up the Sutton side - me in all blue kit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Wishbone Ash at the lights outside Peadar Browns pub this morning at precisely 10.07.

Gave a shout but I was over other side of the road headed for Wicklow

Weepsie wrote: »
    Wishbone Ash at the lights outside Peadar Browns pub this morning at precisely 10.07.

Gave a shout but I was over other side of the road headed for Wicklow
    Apologies - didn't hear/see a thing!

i-believe-we-have-a-volunteer-400x250.jpg

Just joking :p Orders are organised every so often. Here's the last thread.

I’ll send you a PM!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Old skool boards jersey tearing up Windgate road in Howth this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Green Jersey, Saturday afternoon at 3.30pm at the Ballyboden roundabout.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

McGrath5 wrote: »
    Green Jersey, Saturday afternoon at 3.30pm at the Ballyboden roundabout.

Sounds like myself, beardy fella on a black CX bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭McGrath5

smacl wrote: »
    Sounds like myself, beardy fella on a black CX bike?

Yep, I gave a shout but the area was pretty heavy with traffic. I was in my green jersey as well!

Green shorts on the second of two riders heading south on Strand Street, Skerries at 8.30am today.

Met Crippen this afternoon on the climb up Slieve Maan in his all pink boards top. Nice looking piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭lissard

Black jersey with green and white boards logo yesterday above Glencree around 4.30. I was in pink strip going the other direction.

lissard wrote: »
    Black jersey with green and white boards logo yesterday above Glencree around 4.30. I was in pink strip going the other direction.

Possibly myself if it was the Military road just above Glencree, me heading back towards Cruagh.

A Boardsie in the current design shorts just passed me a few minutes ago outside Laragh heading west toward the Wicklow Gap. I gave a nod and only then did I see the shorts. I shouted but may not have been heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Crippens1

smacl wrote: »
    Met Crippen this afternoon on the climb up Slieve Maan in his all pink boards top. Nice looking piece of kit.

First time I've met a fellow boardie (a beardie boardie in this case!)

The new jersey is excellent; better material and fit than the previous LS version.

Happy cycling all.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭devonp

A Boardsie in the current design shorts just passed me a few minutes ago outside Laragh heading west toward the Wicklow Gap. I gave a nod and only then did I see the shorts. I shouted but may not have been heard.

hello !! prob myself on a local staycation spin, all good except the hour of rain and me without a rain jacket just a summer gillet

Hope you enjoyed your spin

• Advertisement

devonp wrote: »
    hello !! prob myself on a local staycation spin, all good except the hour of rain and me without a rain jacket just a summer gillet

Hope you enjoyed your spin

You were heading straight into that rain. I stopped for tea and a sambo at Clodagh's and could feel the weather changing. The rain had started before I got to Annamoe but I did have a rain jacket in a jersey pocket. I was well soaked by the time I got home.

At least it's warm rain!!

Advertisement