Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

What did you do to these poor pens to make them cross?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,487 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

And that's the end of that chapter.
    Your order has been updated with a status of Canceled.

If you have questions about your order, you can email us at crossireland@cross.com.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.
    Unfortunately, our system appears to have a technical issue and has applied more than one
    discount code to your order. (Just the Four :D )
    We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes should not be stacked in this way and are working to resolve this.
    With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.
    This will also cancel any pending payment.
    Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 81r2

Ordered on 3 Jan, two pens; not engraved. Total €26. Sitting on the fence, waiting in hope for delivery. Email this evening from PayPal, AT Cross have returned €26. Around same time, Cross emailed; order cancelled as I stacked 3 codes.

Thoroughly enjoyed the thread. Felt like I was at the Galway Races everyday, not knowing if I'd win, loose or have a faller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ordered on the 4th. Total paid was €35ish through paypal. Had stacked the codes and got a refund two hours ago.

It wasn't the system that had a technical issue and stacked the codes, it was me. :o

Understandable really, something already reduced and then trying to get another 71% off if you used all four codes.

Didn't really need a fancy pen anyway.... but have already ordered it again anyway with just the winter code this time they have on the banner of the website. :)

Still a great bargain for those who got something, and I'm rooting for OP that they at least get their order :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Got my second cancellation email just there,
    that's all she wrote.....so to speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Rang them this morning. Order with stacked codes cancelled the other day. Other order with only one code will be shipped on Monday apparently so at least that’s something.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'm still waiting on that cancellation email

• Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭positron

Got the cancellation email as well.

Who wants an English pen anyway? One day it will want to leave your desk, will block every attempt at fixing it, and will just fall off the desk leaving a puke trail of ink all over the carpet.

I prefer Mont Blanc anyway.

/rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

blindsider wrote: »
    So, I ordered on 05/01/21 and stacked 2 codes. Total order €30.

No updates forthcoming and after several calls/emails etc I eventually got through to another dept this morning. A helpful person gave me 2 email addresses and I have just received a refund - in less than an hour!

I don't think it's right to post the email addresses here, but I will PM anyone who wants them.

If you 'Thank' this thread, I'll PM the email addresses to you later this evening.

PM's sent - BOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Finally got a cancellation today after hearing absolutely nothing since the order was placed. I've been quite surprised at how badly Cross handled this, they really have gone downhill severely. Oh well, I'll know better in future....

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭E30M3

Your order has been updated with a status of Canceled.

Phew for a minute there I was afraid my order might be Cancelled. Seriously though a basic spelling error on an e-mail designed to explain a tricky situation is a bit poor from a company that makes a living selling writing instruments.

Top marks for entertainment value though over the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Order status 'processing'.

Jan 1 order. 3 pens. 1 discount code. Total value approx 60.

Buying the same 3 items at current discounts is about 140.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

And there's the cancellation email

Oh well.. at least I got one out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yea, Revolut funds were reverted two days ago and finally got my cancellation from my R2D2 order this morning.

That's what I get for crossing the line and being a fraudulent code stacker I guess.

That being said, I caved and dove back in to order again with a solo code because I'd got stupid fountain pens stuck in my head.

Anyways, that's nearly the end of my January Cross saga. It's been a real ride. Thanks OP!

Maybe I should email George and see if he'll ship out my legit order faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Shlippery wrote: »

Not all heroes wear capes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Bearcat1

Shlippery wrote: »
    Yea, Revolut funds were reverted two days ago and finally got my cancellation from my R2D2 order this morning.

That's what I get for crossing the line and being a fraudulent code stacker I guess.

That being said, I caved and dove back in to order again with a solo code because I'd got stupid fountain pens stuck in my head.

Anyways, that's nearly the end of my January Cross saga. It's been a real ride. Thanks OP!

The Bearcat is Impressed with this behaviour as Bearcat recognises the difficulty a Pleb has in resisting their nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Got a Cross 10% discount code with my PTSB visa rewards yesterday. Deleted straight away as it appears this crowd might just be the pits when it comes to customer care judging by this thread.

it's definitive

Pens > boards

Rang them this morning. Order with stacked codes cancelled the other day. Other order with only one code will be shipped on Monday apparently so at least that’s something.

Bearcat postulates that situation is far greater than you deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Ordered 2 personalised pens on 4th Jan. Emailed them on 10th to ask the story. Never heard anything back. The pre auth/pending had dropped off by then on my bank account.
    I didn't set up an account with Cross and the tracking check didn't work.
    I rang last week and she tried to put me through but after holding for a few mins the line went dead.
    Got my cancellation email earlier today.
    They were gifts and not an anticipated purchase so no loss but would be v reluctant to use ever again.
    I actually got 3Cross ball pens in Aldi or Lidl last year for€6 each which tells you a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Bearcat1 wrote: »
    Bearcat postulates that situation is far greater than you deserve.

Dublinstiofán hypothesises that nobody cares what Bearcat postulates in any or all of your comments.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Bearcat1 wrote: »
    The Bearcat is Impressed with this behaviour as Bearcat recognises the difficulty a Pleb has in resisting their nature.

Could The Bearcat stay on topic of bargains and stop talking gibberish please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

glasso wrote: »
    it's definitive

Pens > boards

The pen is mightier than the board?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭limerickpat

I just got the cancellation Email now. Stacked codes. No Ferrari pen for me.
    Damn you Cross Pens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I guess Joe Biden doesn't stack codes.

Screenshot-2021-01-24-at-11-09-02.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Made in China - now the rumours will start.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Got my cancellation email - 3 pens ordered on 4th, stacked codes.

Oh well, I certainly be reordering, will stick with my uniballs:D

Blade wrote: »
    Could The Bearcat stay on topic of bargains and stop talking gibberish please

The Bearcat is always willing to educate the less fortunate and Beacat never judges a person for poor comprehension skills. Bearcat will elucidate for you anything you fail to grasp within reason of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Nothing like a post from Bearcat to take the fun out of something.

Advertisement