Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Got cancellation email today after 18 days of no communication. Bought from them last year without issue, Will never buy from them again, what a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

My order of 1st cancelled today , will buy from the dragon's den boys from Donegal, seem to have nice pens on their website, hopefully not made in China!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Just got a cancellation email from Cross re my order placed on the second of Jan.
    Stacking codes is the reason given

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

mine is hanging in on there

still "processing"

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tall chapy

Just got the email cancelling as I had stacked codes, probably best as my order was nearly €100 in one order so I would of had to pay custom duties and fees. Having said that I would have paid them, as another poster said to remind me not to order from the UK. Also, I would not have purchased them without the stacked codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I'm still waiting on my single pen single code order. I'm probably black listed!!!

I'm still waiting on my single pen single code order. I'm probably black listed!!!

you heinous b@stard

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redbedhead

Call it revenge for closing Ballinasloe ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Got my cancellation email this evening. Single pen with stacked codes, ordered on the 2nd and cost €33.

Irrationally annoyed about it considering I had no intention of buying a pen until I stumbled upon this thread. By tomorrow I'll have convinced myself I really do need a pen, just so I can can buy one somewhere elseðŸ˜. That will teach them.

So who's still standing with no deliveries or notification of a cancelled order?

I am for one.

Still "processing"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I ordered on the 4th, one pen with stacked codes. I haven't heard anything since the confirmation email and the tracking isn't working for me.

I paid with paypal and it hasn't been refunded so I'm still hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

Carb wrote: »
    Got my cancellation email this evening. Single pen with stacked codes, ordered on the 2nd and cost €33.

Irrationally annoyed about it considering I had no intention of buying a pen until I stumbled upon this thread. By tomorrow I'll have convinced myself I really do need a pen, just so I can can buy one somewhere elseðŸ˜. That will teach them.

I haven't had any contact, aside from an email confirmation of my order on 6 January, but the money - €24 - was pending on my bank account, and has since disappeared, so I suspect I'll either get a cancellation email soon, or I'll just never hear from them again.

Similarly annoyed in that I did not need a pen until I saw this BA and now I'm feeling a little bereft. Lousy Cross...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

My payment was reverted in Revolut but my order status still says Processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I ordered on the 4th, one pen with stacked codes. I haven't heard anything since the confirmation email and the tracking isn't working for me.

I paid with paypal and it hasn't been refunded so I'm still hopeful

Same. I phoned the UK number this morning, out of interest. Was told the order definitely hadn’t been cancelled, but they’re having serious trouble shipping to Ireland post-Brexit.

Got the impression orders weren’t being cancelled due to stacked codes. He was a little evasive, but gave the impression they’d oversold. Bit like the problems the airlines walk themselves into sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

lawred2 wrote: »
    So who's still standing with no deliveries or notification of a cancelled order?

I am for one.

Still "processing"

Haven't heard a bean from them. 2 orders, 1 for 2 pens and one single all engraved. Payment showing as pending on Transferwise account

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I just received the PFO mail, "order cancelled".
    Ordered on 3rd Jan, using stacked codes and no communication since then, or charge to credit card.
    Too bad. :(

a_ominous wrote: »
    I just received the PFO mail, "order cancelled".
    Ordered on 3rd Jan, using stacked codes and no communication since then, or charge to credit card.
    Too bad. :(

Above or below the €22?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I got a shipping notification 11 days ago, but according to DHL, they have yet to receive the shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I'd sent an email few days ago asking but no response. Money still taken from my Revolut. Would be ideal if they returned it if it ain't gonna get shipped so I can at least try again for the fancy pen.

I'm very cross about the whole situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Has anyone that paid with PayPal had their order cancelled? I placed 2 orders on the 4th/5th and the money was taken. Haven’t heard anything from them since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

lawred2 wrote: »
    Above or below the €22?
    After the codes, order for 2 pens and various refills coming in around €55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

LizT wrote: »
    Has anyone that paid with PayPal had their order cancelled? I placed 2 orders on the 4th/5th and the money was taken. Haven’t heard anything from them since.
    Yes and refunded to paypal, bought on 1st January with stacked codes, pen was over 200 but about 65 after using three codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,184 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will have to call tomorrow, order still at awaiting handover to DHL, since the 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Will have to call tomorrow, order still at awaiting handover to DHL, since the 9th.

I am in the same boat as you. Couldn't get through on the phone awaiting an email reply.

Let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

The funds reverted to my Revolut account as they were unclaimed funds for 15 days... but I still have not received an email to state that my order has been cancelled.... are they still shipping orders I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

I ordered one code last week. Got confirmation email but nothing since. Money has gone back to my card.

I’d imagine it’s going to get cancelled. Very annoying considering I didn’t stack codes etc...

barrier86 wrote: »
    I ordered one code last week. Got confirmation email but nothing since. Money has gone back to my card.

I’d imagine it’s going to get cancelled. Very annoying considering I didn’t stack codes etc...

I'd say you'll be grand

They have delays that's all... the hold on your money being reverted doesn't mean your order isn't going to be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Wolftown

I am in the same boat as you. Couldn't get through on the phone awaiting an email reply.

Let me know how you get on.

Same with me. Ordered on the 1st but according to DHL still hasn't been handed over to them. Called and emailed Cross and was sent the below on 18/01:

We have looked into the status of your order and this is currently with our courier.

Your order should be delivered either today up to 8 pm or tomorrow up to 8 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Wolftown

Spoke to George on the UK line earlier. He advised that a lot of orders are on hold due to complaints regarding custom charges, mine being one of these held orders. He initially couldn't give me any timeline for when he expected this to be resolved.

I told him that my order was a birthday present for someone and was needed by 27/01 (completely fabricated), and that I don't have an issue paying customs if required. My order is only around €25 so not really concerned about that aspect.

Result was George had mine sent today by express. I've already received an email from DHL stating delivery before 6pm tomorrow. No mention of customs so far.

Might be an option to try the above for someone who just wants their pen!

• Advertisement

Wolftown wrote: »
    Spoke to George on the UK line earlier. He advised that a lot of orders are on hold due to complaints regarding custom charges, mine being one of these held orders. He initially couldn't give me any timeline for when he expected this to be resolved.

I told him that my order was a birthday present for someone and was needed by 27/01 (completely fabricated), and that I don't have an issue paying customs if required. My order is only around €25 so not really concerned about that aspect.

Result was George had mine sent today by express. I've already received an email from DHL stating delivery before 6pm tomorrow. No mention of customs so far.

Might be an option to try the above for someone who just wants their pen!

had you stacked up the codes?

Advertisement