Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Bearcat1

Blade wrote: »
    Could The Bearcat stay on topic of bargains and stop talking gibberish please

The Bearact wishes to commend you on the fine job that you are doing, in spite of Beacat's view of you brethren. The Bearcat hopes you have not engaged in the despicable act of code stacking a scurrilous dishonest act. This odious behaviour makes the bearcat sick to Bearcat's core.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Bearcat1

Summer2020 wrote: »
    In all fairness would you f*ck off

The Bearcat does not indulge in wanton profanity, but Bearcat understands such vulgarity is indicative of one's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Stop this gibberish. Bargains about pens please

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Jut as a update for others

Ordered on the 4th double stacked codes value was €60 with all the discounts (5 pens in total I think).

Money got taken on the 4th
    Money returned on the 11th
    Money taken again on the 13th with Processing email finally sent.
    Shipping information sent on the 14th (DHL label made notification)
    Got Email today the 25th with Order cancelled Pulled through in error no stacking of codes etc and refund issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭iniall

Got the marvellously personal cancellation email yesterday afternoon:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.
    Unfortunately, our system appears to have a technical issue and has applied more than one
    discount code to your order.
    We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes should not be stacked in this way and are working to resolve this.
    With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.
    This will also cancel any pending payment.
    Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.

Had ordered one really nice pen that I didn't need with stacked codes on 6 January. Disappointing. Oh well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭fdevine

Received a cancellation email for one of three orders. First order was for two cheaper pens, which could actually have been bought here for a similar price it turns out. Second order, with three stacked codes, was a fountain pen for myself and went through. Third and final order, €85 pen for €21, was apparently OOS but now cancelled. Could have been worse

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sahaair707

I placed an order on Jan 2nd (using stacked codes) for pens I never knew I wanted, paid by PayPal and apart from the initial order confirmation I have heard nothing since. Waiting to get the order cancellation and refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Sahaair707 wrote: »
    I placed an order on Jan 2nd (using stacked codes) for pens I never knew I wanted, paid by PayPal and apart from the initial order confirmation I have heard nothing since. Waiting to get the order cancellation and refund.

Me too. Still living in hope though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sahaair707

Siobh73 wrote: »
    Me too. Still living in hope though

Just my cancellation and PayPal refund notification at 12:45, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

Still haven't recieved my order from Jan1. No reply from Cross, so I have claimed through Paypal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Got the dreaded you can't stack codes email today.
    Bit annoying as has 2 orders under €22, one came through fine but would have preferred the other one.
    Tbh probably would have been happy with just one of the codes applied to the other item, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

One order cancelled due to stacked codes. Order from previous day still says that they created the shipping label but hasn't been handed over. Still hope of a Ferrari pen coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

My order was cancelled yesterday too. Originally they said the delay in my order was because of Brexit and they wanted to ensure that I didn't have to pay VAT again and then they said the delay was down to one of the pens being out of stock. Then.....order cancelled due to stacked codes.

Bad form on Cross's part. They should enable the original 55% discount code to allow people to re-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

cancelled here also.
    ordered on 4th using stacked codes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Contacted them on twitter. Order number sent to customer service. Don't hold out hope of reply

Contacted them on twitter. Order number sent to customer service. Don't hold out hope of reply

• Registered Users Posts: 81,366 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Mine arrived yesterday, no duty, had to call them, it came the next day, they said they had orders held back in the warehouse as there were issues with VAT/Brexit. I was expecting to have to pay €15 or so. They through in a Jotzone folio which has a pen included gratis which was nice. The pen is the business, very happy with it, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Got the texts and emails from DHL saying deliveries would be with me tomorrow.

My initial order from the 4th was cancelled and refunded on the 22nd. Reordered two of them anyway separately on the 22nd with just the one current code. Picked up today and due in tomorrow. Quick enough to process and dispatch when you're playing fairly and not exploiting some poor sod who forgot to tick some boxes to not make codes stack to get another 71% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Got the texts and emails from DHL saying deliveries would be with me tomorrow.

My initial order from the 4th was cancelled and refunded on the 22nd. Reordered two of them anyway separately on the 22nd with just the one current code. Picked up today and due in tomorrow. Quick enough to process and dispatch when you're playing fairly and not exploiting some poor sod who forgot to tick some boxes to not make codes stack to get another 71% off.

What’s the current code?

What’s the current code?

Winter gives 35% off.
    I heard from them on twitter. Told me someone had contacted me today (didn't happen). Order cancelled due to stacking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 81r2

€11.48 Coventry ballpoint pen gunmetal gray.
    https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/at0662-8

€45.99 reduced to €9.99
    Use code: Winter for 35% off.
    Total: €11.48 (includes delivery of €4.99)

Same pen seems advertised also on the site, reduced to €40.99. https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/at0662g-8
    Not sure if there is any difference in pens, bar price??

May not pull through. But if your mischief. I've lost the will after my other order was cancelled. And the fact I own some unopened 🖊️ presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

I'll give it a try lol

81r2 wrote: »

€45.99 reduced to €9.99

Same pen seems advertised also on the site, reduced to €40.99. https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/at0662g-8

May not pull through. But if your mischief. I've lost the will after my other order was cancelled. And the fact I own some unopened 🖊️ presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

€45.99 reduced to €9.99

I've ordered it anyway. It was actually one of the pens that got cancelled on me for stacked codes.

Sure, gives me another 4 weeks involvement in this thread I suppose

€45.99 reduced to €9.99

Bought 2 (in seperate orders) and some refills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

lawred2 wrote: »
    I've ordered it anyway. It was actually one of the pens that got cancelled on me for stacked orders.

Sure, gives me another 4 weeks involvement in this thread I suppose

The bearcat may not be pleased :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

€45.99 reduced to €9.99

The Winter code did not work for me but ordered the pen and 1 refill anyway.
    I love a bargain and a drama that I don't need!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Didn't realise people were so mad for pens! When I posted the first post I thought one or two might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ah the code worked last night but I didn't order it in the end. They did sent a Newsletter this morning advertising the same pen for a tenner though. I no longer know what a bargain is compared to picking up pens in Eurogiant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Didn't realise people were so mad for pens! When I posted the first post I thought one or two might be interested.

I suspect that most people did not realise how much they needed a pen that they dont really need.
    And some, like me, just need the drama to see us thru this lockdown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

How are ye using multiple codes? Its only allowing me one.

Winter or my 15% newsletter sub. One or the other

Advertisement