Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Pens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

01902 wrote: »
    My order from 5th of Jan has the DHL label made but not handed over. Is anyone else in the same position?

Yep, mine too. Ordered a €90 set for €33 with stacked codes on the 2nd. DHL says label generated and Cross says status = Complete.

What is your order status on the Cross website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Let us know how you get on. I'll wait to open mine until I hear :)

It was quite cold/chilly from the delivery van, so let it cool down and used a towel, once it came loose it was grand.

All sorted now :pac:

ULbHCdv.png?3

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Yep, mine too. Ordered a €90 set for €33 with stacked codes on the 2nd. DHL says label generated and Cross says status = Complete.

What is your order status on the Cross website?

Exactly the same as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Shlippery wrote: »
    It was quite cold/chilly from the delivery van, so let it cool down and used a towel, once it came loose it was grand.

All sorted now :pac:

ULbHCdv.png?3

That isn't enough lines for the heinous crime you committed. 500 minimum to clear your conscience.

What phone number has anyone used to contact them? I called a UK number and it’s just gone to a BT call minder. My email has never been replied to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What phone number has anyone used to contact them? I called a UK number and it’s just gone to a BT call minder. My email has never been replied to.

Yes got that when I called around lunchtime for mine, try again around now. Seemed to be gone from 1230 to 130 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

gerard2210 wrote: »
    That isn't enough lines for the heinous crime you committed. 500 minimum to clear your conscience.

Thats assuming he has a conscience!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

They respond better on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The pen I ordered on thursday morning last was delivered today. Its an ok pen for the discounted price.

Yes got that when I called around lunchtime for mine, try again around now. Seemed to be gone from 1230 to 130 for me.

Just got them there. They must not man the phones at lunch! The guy on the end of the phone has no idea why they have not shipped and has passed it onto management. Guess they will cancel the order though when they look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Got my latest E10 pen yesterday

It's grand.. wouldn't be paying the pre discount price for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Still no update on order. Part of me wants to ring but another part doesn't want to jeopardise the order. I really want my pen. Feels like a Mexican standoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

I'm in the same boat. Ordered 1st, one code only. Shipped notification 9th Jan, but still hasn't been handed over to DHL, only shipping label printed. Still waiting and I too want my pen!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 the mahogeny gaspipe

Same for me. Ordered on the 1 Jan and still nothing. I have Paypal on this now so I hope to hear from them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Same here. Jan 1 order, only 1 code. I sent them a mail last week and they replied saying they halted orders temporarily and are currently working through backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Same for me. Ordered on the 1 Jan and still nothing. I have Paypal on this now so I hope to hear from them soon.

I ordered on the 4 th and no news since then so have opened a PayPal dispute to encourage them to p*ss or get off the pot. It's been a week and they haven't engaged with PayPal yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Shearwater

I am indebted to 'Blindsider' for providing an email contact for a person within the company. Having ordered on 05 Jan with one code reducing total order for 2 pens and refills, I received nothing but generic auto replies to my queries last week. I finally elicited a personal response to my email this week with all their previous generic correspondence included. A result at last. Paypal refund of my 59 Euro.
    Comment: It's clearly evident Cross Uk has 'challenges' that are not solely Brexit related. Amazon started in a garage. Could it be that this company may be going in reverse and now operating in someone's garage?
    Best of luck to those still in waiting for a satisfactory outcome.
    Thanks for the ride BA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Was told mine would be shipped on the 25th of January and nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

blindsider wrote: »
    PM's sent - BOL!

Hi Blindsider, is there any chance you could pm me email details for anyone in cross that might be able to help me with my order please? Ordered on the 5th Jan no communication since. Thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Anyone got any updates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Anyone got any updates?

Yeah, mine cancelled today! :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Anyone got any updates?

Nope, no updates, no pens, no refund, but I didn't try to contact anyone yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

My pens arrived today by DHL. I had emailed to ask for an update 2 weeks ago but no reply. But I am delighted they have finally arrived. All the made in china tags on the boxes and on the pens. It's more the tradition of having a new cross pen I guess plus the engraving.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

ordered on 4th Jan I finally got refund today after sending emaiil looking for an update on order.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Placed 2 orders, one on the 4th and one on the 5th and got one cancellation email today. It seems to be taking them a long time to work through the orders!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Order from 4 th January just cancelled today because of stacked codes. Gutted and now I need to find some other awesome bargain for something pretty and non essential to cheer me up

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I ordered 2 pens from Cross since my original order on January 1st was cancelled using just one code for each and ensuring the value was under €22. Delivery was very prompt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Finally got my cancellation today. Stacked codes mentioned in email.
    Dear Sir/Madam,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.
    Unfortunately, our system appears to have a technical issue and has applied more than one
    discount code to your order.
    We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes should not be stacked in this way and are working to resolve this.
    With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.
    This will also cancel any pending payment.
    Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Can I just recommend thepenplace.ie in Dun Laoighaire if you are looking for refills. I spoke to a very nice gentleman who really helped me out.

This is complete contrast to the subpar service offered by Cross.

Would highly recommend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

swingking wrote: »
    Can I just recommend thepenplace.ie in Dun Laoighaire if you are looking for refills. I spoke to a very nice gentleman who really helped me out.

This is complete contrast to the subpar service offered by Cross.

Would highly recommend!

Thanks so much for this recommendation. I’m just off the phone to the lovely owner. He has exactly what I had tried to buy from the Cross website & is going to post it out to me tomorrow.
    I know where I’ll be shopping from now on! :)
    PS Postage is free

Advertisement