Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

[HTML][/HTML]
    Basil3 wrote: »
    Top up, then make a call or something. You'll get a text with a code after that (up to 2 weeks). It's all linked earlier.

Sorry how do i top up ?also put sim in phone but its not picking any signals do i need to call to activate it ?

[HTML][/HTML]

Sorry how do i top up ?also put sim in phone but its not picking any signals do i need to call to activate it ?

I'm not sure, I'd expect it to just work if you have a sim unlocked phone. I ordered my sim on Saturday but still no sign, so haven't been through the process myself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

So I just referred myself to Vodafone and did the deal now with the Free buds for 20 euro. If this works

that's 20euro for Galaxy buds
    and 40euro Amazon gift cards
    For a 20 euro topup.

Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

flexcon wrote: »
    So I just referred myself to Vodafone and did the deal now with the Free buds for 20 euro. If this works

For a 20 euro topup.

Madness

Doesn't the person you refer not have to top up 2 months in a row before you get the voucher?

flexcon wrote: »

For a 20 euro topup.

Madness

To get that, you have to top up by 20 euro on one sim and 40 euro on another. So, if you're not going to use the sim, there's no point.

• Advertisement

[HTML][/HTML]

Did you get the sim working? Mine arrived today, and says no signal as well.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Did you get the sim working? Mine arrived today, and says no signal as well.

Nopes still not ported might give them a call again once i have one hour spare time...lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

What's the deal with the amazon gift cards? I must have missed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Nopes still not ported might give them a call again once i have one hour spare time...lol...
    Mine seems to have ported, as in Vodafone in top left corner, but won't let me register the SIM, telling me it's not a vodafone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

DopeTech wrote: »
    Doesn't the person you refer not have to top up 2 months in a row before you get the voucher?
    To get that, you have to top up by 20 euro on one sim and 40 euro on another. So, if you're not going to use the sim, there's no point.

Killing the dream!

• Advertisement

Sappy404 wrote: »
    What's the deal with the amazon gift cards? I must have missed that one.

https://n.vodafone.ie/refer-a-friend.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Wish I'd kept the last SIM they sent me with the Pixel now... Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Just had a chat with CCE and they said 72 hours required. They gave 20e credit. What will I do with credit when i cannot make any calls and cannot receive any calls.

No phone for 3-4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

positron wrote: »
    Sounds like it's not just me - plenty of cases of speaker issues + more screen issues. If I had only one issue and got an RMA, I would consider that unlucky. But a second (fingerprint) and then a third issue (screen) can't be just coincidence! One good thing is that Google responds to chat and offers help and eventually replaces the phone, that's good service. I shudder just thinking about dealing with Vodafone to get a warranty replacement!!

Fair play to those who got lucky with this phone! :D

I guess my bad luck continues - The replacement phone I got yesterday broke overnight! I setup the phone for herself around 6pm, everything installed, whatsapp, revolut, climote and everyting else configured and good to go. Couple of hours later it started flashing screen randomly by itself sitting on the bed-stand, couldn't turn it off or anything. Unbelievable!! And this morning it was dead. Recharged and tried restarting, recovery mode, factory-wipe etc everything failed to get the phone going again.

Got onto Google and they are looking to replace it yet again, except they want another 399 hold on card to send a new one out. :( They couldn't tell me how they can make sure next phone wouldn't fail either - so basically 399 hold on card for them to try sending their refurb stock to me to test for them?! Finally they said they have escalated to some other team to review - and haven't heard back since.

Wife hates the sight of this phone now, she has her heart broken too many times! She want me to get her another Xiaomi, or anything but Pixel 3a.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

I guess my bad luck continues - The replacement phone I got yesterday broke overnight! I setup the phone for herself around 6pm, everything installed, whatsapp, revolut, climote and everyting else configured and good to go. Couple of hours later it started flashing screen randomly by itself sitting on the bed-stand, couldn't turn it off or anything. Unbelievable!! And this morning it was dead. Recharged and tried restarting, recovery mode, factory-wipe etc everything failed to get the phone going again.

Got onto Google and they are looking to replace it yet again, except they want another 399 hold on card to send a new one out. :( They couldn't tell me how they can make sure next phone wouldn't fail either - so basically 399 hold on card for them to try sending their refurb stock to me to test for them?! Finally they said they have escalated to some other team to review - and haven't heard back since.

Wife hates the sight of this phone now, she has her heart broken too many times! She want me to get her another Xiaomi, or anything but Pixel 3a.
    Give them the spiel and see if you can wrangle a 4a out of them instead.

She wants the Google experience but the broken phones have broken her heart, and left a bad impression, and you really want her to get the full Google experience by being sure her phone is watching you while you sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I ordered one of these for my mum and it arrived within a couple of days. All working great apart from the fact they haven't actually switched her over to Vodafone yet! Anyone had this happen?

Just concerned that her current sim will just randomly be switched over some day when she needs the phone now.

The plan was to switch her number to Vodafone for a month or so and then switch back onto something like GoMo but kind of in limbo with it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I ordered one of these for my mum and it arrived within a couple of days. All working great apart from the fact they haven't actually switched her over to Vodafone yet! Anyone had this happen?

Just concerned that her current sim will just randomly be switched over some day when she needs the phone now.

The plan was to switch her number to Vodafone for a month or so and then switch back onto something like GoMo but kind of in limbo with it now.

Why not just her straight over to GoMo now?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Charger of the phone is gone in less than 3 months. What to do?

Not sure if I have copy of vodafone bill

pandaa wrote: »
    Charger of the phone is gone in less than 3 months. What to do?

Not sure if I have copy of vodafone bill

Google should replace, they will be able to know age via IMEI.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jasper1422

Just wondering did anyone get a Pixel 3a phone lately that can verify that they're still unlocked?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

jasper1422 wrote: »
    Just wondering did anyone get a Pixel 3a phone lately that can verify that they're still unlocked?
    Thanks

It'll be unlocked but the price is back up again. No more €129 pixels for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jasper1422

DopeTech wrote: »
    It'll be unlocked but the price is back up again. No more €129 pixels for a while.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think they are still good value at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Looks like it's on offer again but only reduced by €50 this time when you switch. Contemplating whether it's worth paying extra for the 4a or is the 3a still value.

Best value is 4a 5g for €500 with free Bose headphones you can sell for €200 easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Just as an update on this then - the escalation team took their sweet time and we gave up chasing this case, but finally now some two weeks later, they actually delivered a brand new Pixel 3a. All looks good for now. They said they will send out a label to return the old one, which is fair.

Anyway, fingers crossed this fourth device works for herself for a while, fingers crossed, touch wood etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Looks like it's on offer again but only reduced by €50 this time when you switch. Contemplating whether it's worth paying extra for the 4a or is the 3a still value.

Its down to 150 now with the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

bush wrote: »
    Its down to 150 now with the offer.

Do you have a link to it? I can't find it following the first link or browsing their store. Thanks

encryptix wrote: »
    Do you have a link to it? I can't find it following the first link or browsing their store. Thanks

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/google/pixel-3a.html?gallery=payg

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Have they fixed their ordering system or is it still Russian roulette?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement

Have they fixed their ordering system or is it still Russian roulette?

Well no errors there first try so it works ! Lets see if its cancelled or not lol

Advertisement