Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I picked up a couple in dealz,
    only a few euros each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Hi,

I'm looking to buy this phone at the discounted price, but I'm already with Vodafone. I got a sim card from Eir today to pretend I am changing from another network, but what do I need to do exactly? I buy the phone using the Eir number, they post me the phone, and then I pop my Vodafone sim in when I get it and it works fine. Is it that easy? Or is the phone then set up to work with the Eir number only, and not my Vodafone sim? I don't understand what porting is exactly so can someone explain what's involved here?

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been already answered. It's a long thread now, and I couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Hi,

I'm looking to buy this phone at the discounted price, but I'm already with Vodafone. I got a sim card from Eir today to pretend I am changing from another network, but what do I need to do exactly? I buy the phone using the Eir number, they post me the phone, and then I pop my Vodafone sim in when I get it and it works fine. Is it that easy? Or is the phone then set up to work with the Eir number only, and not my Vodafone sim? I don't understand what porting is exactly so can someone explain what's involved here?

Sorry if I'm asking questions that have been already answered. It's a long thread now, and I couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

The phone itself is unlocked, so pop the eir sim into your current phone and enter its number into the porting details when buying the phone. You'll get a text with a confirmation code. Enter that into the site and it'll allow you to continue with purchase.

When the phone arrives you can use your current vodafone sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Guys how long did you wait for refund? Tried 3 times and no luck �� Order always cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

devil-80 wrote: »
    Guys how long did you wait for refund? Tried 3 times and no luck �� Order always cancel.

Most pending transactions dropped off for me...never had to chance a refund if order was cancelled

• Advertisement

Most pending transactions dropped off for me...never had to chance a refund if order was cancelled
    ok so because they are suspended I need to wait a week I think.. Not lucky with this orders not sure what doing wrong.

The phone itself is unlocked, so pop the eir sim into your current phone and enter its number into the porting details when buying the phone. You'll get a text with a confirmation code. Enter that into the site and it'll allow you to continue with purchase.

When the phone arrives you can use your current vodafone sim.

Thanks a lot for this. I've ordered it now, so fingers crossed it'll go okay :)

Thanks a lot for this. I've ordered it now, so fingers crossed it'll go okay :)
    you can go to chat after 24 hours and ask them about order so they can tell you is it ok or got cancel.

you can go to chat after 24 hours and ask them about order so they can tell you is it ok or got cancel.

My card has been charged already, so I'm hoping that's a good sign!

My card has been charged already, so I'm hoping that's a good sign!

If its pending it means nothing ! It goes to full charge once they ship order

• Advertisement

Login tokens are working placed my 10th order today after 9 cancellations😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pappajohn

Tried a few times myself over the last week and often failed at first hurdle, - no initial verification text to ported number. I had tried to use this same number previously for another phone some time ago, having got that verification text, but it later failed anyway. I wonder was that number lying there on some database that stops the online orders going through. Anyways I later got it done in store a few days ago. - see below

So decided to visit two local stores, Ennis & Shannon, - no stock, but a guy gave me a Vodafone no. to ring to check stock levels in Limerick.
    Although I thought I was ringing the Crescent Shopping Centre it turns out it was a Vodafone Regional number which is 061 229007.( Option 5 for stock ckeck). Gave lady details of phone and asked her to ckeck both Crescent and City Centre. She rang me back 5 mins later to say they had one in city centre store and she had put my name on it for 24 hrs. So maybe that no. is worth keeping for future refence & no doubt other regional numbers are out there.

I hot footed in there, got phone for 129.99 + 20 topup, which I will add later to my existing VF sim. They offered in shop to topup my new sim but I said I like doing those things myself and I see you are very busy. :‑)

BTW I hadn't finished setting up the phone when I was advised that Android 11, 1.33Gb, download available.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is anyone using Google photos to back up their photos/video? I've used it on other phones and files have generally started backing up as soon as I've shot them on the camera, with the pixel, it seems they don't consistently backup and that I need to open photos to manually do it, then with large videos, the upload seems to get interrupted too. This is on a stable wifi connection :confused:

cormie wrote: »
    Is anyone using Google photos to back up their photos/video? I've used it on other phones and files have generally started backing up as soon as I've shot them on the camera, with the pixel, it seems they don't consistently backup and that I need to open photos to manually do it, then with large videos, the upload seems to get interrupted too. This is on a stable wifi connection :confused:

Go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Advanced -> Special app access -> Battery optimization and see if turning that off for Photos makes any difference. :)

Pappajohn wrote: »
    Tried a few times myself over the last week and often failed at first hurdle, - no initial verification text to ported number. I had tried to use this same number previously for another phone some time ago, having got that verification text, but it later failed anyway. I wonder was that number lying there on some database that stops the online orders going through. Anyways I later got it done in store a few days ago. - see below

So decided to visit two local stores, Ennis & Shannon, - no stock, but a guy gave me a Vodafone no. to ring to check stock levels in Limerick.
    Although I thought I was ringing the Crescent Shopping Centre it turns out it was a Vodafone Regional number which is 061 229007.( Option 5 for stock ckeck). Gave lady details of phone and asked her to ckeck both Crescent and City Centre. She rang me back 5 mins later to say they had one in city centre store and she had put my name on it for 24 hrs. So maybe that no. is worth keeping for future refence & no doubt other regional numbers are out there.

I hot footed in there, got phone for 129.99 + 20 topup, which I will add later to my existing VF sim. They offered in shop to topup my new sim but I said I like doing those things myself and I see you are very busy. :‑)

BTW I hadn't finished setting up the phone when I was advised that Android 11, 1.33Gb, download available.

tried the above number and she said she only covers limerick galway and liffey valley i.e. WEST ! anyway it would be great to get a dundrum number as thats what she said would have info for south stores.

Finally !! Success shipping id on the order....early christmas for me !

Anyone know how to track with tracking ID on the portal ?

EDIT :- Have the ANPOST Tracking now on portal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Finally !! Success shipping id on the order....early christmas for me !

Anyone know how to track with tracking ID on the portal ?

EDIT :- Have the ANPOST Tracking now on portal.

You got one eventually...fair play for persisting :pac: I gave up after my first rejection!

My order got cancelled because it wasn't placed correctly apparently :( Waiting for the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Offer is over now.... Back to €229.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

for the same money the Poco x3 seems like a much better deal. What do you think?

• Advertisement

for the same money the Poco x3 seems like a much better deal. What do you think?

At €229 it wouldn't make sense to get the 3a as you can get the far superior 4a(5G) for €490 and then sell the free headphones for €200+.

So you should instead compare the Poco X3 to the Pixel 4a(5G) and in that case it all depends on what features are most important to you (5G, camera, battery etc.).

You could also wait to see if the €100 off porting deal comes back for the 3a (it has disappeared before). The Pixel 3a has however been discontinued for quite some time now so it's unlikely they have much stock left.

I bought the phone this day last week, but when I checked the order with a Vodafone agent, I was told it was cancelled. I haven't gotten a refund yet, though my account has been charged. Should I have gotten a refund by now?

I bought the phone this day last week, but when I checked the order with a Vodafone agent, I was told it was cancelled. I haven't gotten a refund yet, though my account has been charged. Should I have gotten a refund by now?

Mine stay pending and drop off if an order is cancelled !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

cianof wrote: »

The Poco is physically a much bigger phone. Pixel 3a is a great size. Also, not sure what it will be like compared to stock Android and with regards to updates. Pixels are great for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭cianof

The Poco has ad subsidised firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

cianof wrote: »
    The Poco has ad subsidised firmware.

Can all be turned off/uninstalled fairly easily by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

DopeTech wrote: »
    Can all be turned off/uninstalled fairly easily by the looks of it.

Lads quick off topic question.. I got the pixel 3a a while back and put a 3 sim in it. But in the settings it's only giving me options to have 3g or LTE for my internet settings.. is their anyway can get 4g on it?

Lads quick off topic question.. I got the pixel 3a a while back and put a 3 sim in it. But in the settings it's only giving me options to have 3g or LTE for my internet settings.. is their anyway can get 4g on it?

LTE is 4G, for all intents and purposes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ended up getting the motorola g8 plus myself as Vodafone cancelled a few seperate times .

Advertisement