Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

circlek wrote: »
    Disclaimer - I know this isn't a place to advertise but thought of giving first pref to people here who missed out.

I bought the Pixel 3a Just Black as a spare phone and was hoping to give it away as a Christmas gift but didn't do so.

The box is opened but all still in the plastic wrap etc.

I'm not looking to profit, if anyone wants it make an offer on thread(for transparency) and take it. Not interested in any hassle so has to be collected.

Will go up on Adverts next week.

Happy Holidays!

Sweet. So taking into account the need for no profit and the opened box and depreciation @ Annual Depreciation expense = (Asset cost – Residual Value) / Useful life of the asset... I've arrived at €45.89. That work? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 circlek

carbsy wrote: »
    Sweet. So taking into account the need for no profit and the opened box and depreciation @ Annual Depreciation expense = (Asset cost – Residual Value) / Useful life of the asset... I've arrived at €45.89. That work?

Apologies, goodness seems to be wasted on ungrateful folks. Post deleted.

I just saw an advert for the Pixel 3a for €300 on adverts. So maybe that's the place to get the "real" sales value. I'll try my luck there.

P.S - for those who aren't as ignorant, the Pixel box is only sealed with a clear seal, not a security seal. The actual phone is double wrapped, so you will know if it's used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I just saw an advert for the Pixel 3a for €300 on adverts. So maybe that's the place to get the "real" sales value. I'll try my luck there.

P.S - for those who aren't as ignorant, the Pixel box is only sealed with a clear seal, not a security seal. The actual phone is double wrapped, so you will know if it's used.

Excuse me but that was far from ignorant. Hence the :D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

I'll offer the €150 and collect if your Dublin based

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

I know this probably not the place for this but anyone having trouble with their camera on the 3a. Every so often when taking a pic it will 'click' twice and then camera app closes. No picture is taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tphase

probably a stupid question but when people avail of these switching deals, I presume you select a €20 PAYG plan and not top up?
    Looking at the Pixel 4a - €400 with a €100 discount if switching - in effect €70 off when you include the cost of an Eir SIM and the VF plan. Google are selling the phone for €382 so really only saving €52, just wondering if it's worth jumping through the hoops

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jusvi2001

tphase wrote: »
    probably a stupid question but when people avail of these switching deals, I presume you select a €20 PAYG plan and not top up?
    Looking at the Pixel 4a - €400 with a €100 discount if switching - in effect €70 off when you include the cost of an Eir SIM and the VF plan. Google are selling the phone for €382 so really only saving €52, just wondering if it's worth jumping through the hoops

You can buy pixel 4a for €299 from vodafone.

1- Request a free eir sim from their website.i got the sim with in 3 days by post.

2. Go to vodafone site and buy pixel 4a by porting eir number. select €20 top up but actually you are not asked to pay for it. so the final amount would be €299 with free delivery. They will send a vodafone sim as well. you only need to top up €20 if you intend to use the ported eir no. Phone is unlocked so you can use any sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tphase

thanks for that. Eir SIM ordered....

tphase wrote: »
    thanks for that. Eir SIM ordered....

better order a case now. hard to get it any local shop. ordered one from amazon. with brexit and pandemic it will take 15 days for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    You can buy pixel 4a for €299 from vodafone.

1- Request a free eir sim from their website.i got the sim with in 3 days by post.

2. Go to vodafone site and buy pixel 4a by porting eir number. select €20 top up but actually you are not asked to pay for it. so the final amount would be €299 with free delivery. They will send a vodafone sim as well. you only need to top up €20 if you intend to use the ported eir no. Phone is unlocked so you can use any sim.

How do you order a free sim from eir ?
    I can't see that option anywhere on the site ?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

How do you order a free sim from eir ?
    I can't see that option anywhere on the site ?
    Thanks.

https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/free-sim-cards/

Seems the link is not working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Cheers. It's not just me then :p

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

There was obviously a rush on free Eir SIMs for porting purposes a few weeks ago after Vodafone blocked 48. I suspect free SIMs that will work for Vodafone porting may now be a thing of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Quackster wrote: »
    There was obviously a rush on free Eir SIMs for porting purposes a few weeks ago after Vodafone blocked 48. I suspect free SIMs that will work for Vodafone porting may now be a thing of the past.

I stocked up on a few of them from Eir when the going was good, although I did have to keep putting different names for delivery so they wouldn't get suspicious. As a result all my cats got a sim card: last one was addressed to Teddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

And it will still be advertised in a few months at that price!
    The 4a can be got for 300 and the 5 can be got for 480ish second hand(same as yours).
    If you get anything over 140, its a good offer imo

• Registered Users Posts: 40 circlek

bidiots wrote: »
    And it will still be advertised in a few months at that price!
    The 4a can be got for 300 and the 5 can be got for 480ish second hand(same as yours).
    If you get anything over 140, its a good offer imo

I was obviously joking about adverts and putting it up for €300. As I said, no intention of profiterring... It's a good enough phone for a great price even to leave in the drawer for use during unforseen situations...

I literally hate it when a bargain is posted and some people buy loads and spoil it for others, and I don't intend doing the same!

Happy New Year to all hunters! May we be showered with more bargains from Vodafone and others throughout 2021! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

A lot of people are having problems with USB transfer on the 3a. Loads of non fixes and links to leads but still no solution that works. My PC sees the 3a in PTP so there is a connection but nothing in File Transfer/Android Auto. It worked fine before so maybe related to an update. Sorry if this has been already asked. My workaround is to put music on an old Samsung and then connect the phones with the supplied Type C adaptor. Using the latest Windows 10. Any help welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

There's been an issue with USB C on my laptop, not just the pixel 3a, it may be related to a w10 update. I've a Dell XPS. Do your other USB C devices work ok if you have any? My regular USB is working fine, perhaps you could get a C to A adaptor?

I do have an Asus laptop that has both C and A USB. Thanks for the tip and I had forgotten a Lenovo Tab with a C type USB that I have and that works perfectly. So my cable is good, my laptops A type USB is good, Windows 10 is good. Add the fact that the 3a works with PTP and there isn't much doubt. Some have suggested that its Google wanting you to use Google Drive. Others say they have gotten it to work so I will keep trying. I walk a lot so like to change music.

Oh yeah, I'm using mine as a backup and whenever I need to take some decent photos as my main phone is a rugged phone with a pretty ****ty camera. I forgot it doesn't have a micro sd expansion slot, I was going to suggest just buy a big micro SD card. I had been contemplating using the pixel 3a as my main phone but recalling this fact means I won't be :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    Would this phone work with Mavic Air 2 do you know?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

cormie wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I'm using mine as a backup and whenever I need to take some decent photos as my main phone is a rugged phone with a pretty ****ty camera. I forgot it doesn't have a micro sd expansion slot, I was going to suggest just buy a big micro SD card. I had been contemplating using the pixel 3a as my main phone but recalling this fact means I won't be :o

I take a lot of photos of my kid and having been a Samsung customer for the last few years with the S4/S5/S7/S8 I don't really miss not having a micro-SD slot. Google Photos works wonderfully.

Google photos is amazing, but to replace a portable audio player, capacity is important :)

cormie wrote: »
    Google photos is amazing, but to replace a portable audio player, capacity is important :)

Can this phone still be bought as per the original post? What is the link?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

madmoe wrote: »
    Can this phone still be bought as per the original post? What is the link?

Thanks
    If you can't find it on Vodafone.ie shop under "Pay as you go phones". Then it means they're out of stock or they just removed the phone from their shop.
    From time to time Google Pixel 3a's appear, so I'd suggest you check every once in a month or so or go to any Vodafone shop that might be open.
    Best of luck

chonix wrote: »
    If you can't find it on Vodafone.ie shop under "Pay as you go phones". Then it means they're out of stock or they just removed the phone from their shop.
    From time to time Google Pixel 3a's appear, so I'd suggest you check every once in a month or so or go to any Vodafone shop that might be open.
    Best of luck

Many thanks. What is the major difference between the Pixel 3a XL and the Pixel 3 XL?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭emy

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    A lot of people are having problems with USB transfer on the 3a. Loads of non fixes and links to leads but still no solution that works. My PC sees the 3a in PTP so there is a connection but nothing in File Transfer/Android Auto. It worked fine before so maybe related to an update. Sorry if this has been already asked. My workaround is to put music on an old Samsung and then connect the phones with the supplied Type C adaptor. Using the latest Windows 10. Any help welcome

Never had any problems transferring pic/files from phone, 3a, to laptop. Once the phone connected, I get a warning on the phone -> tap for more options, I use file transfer/android auto, all the time working perfect.

emy wrote: »
    Never had any problems transferring pic/files from phone, 3a, to laptop. Once the phone connected, I get a warning on the phone -> tap for more options, I use file transfer/android auto, all the time working perfect.

Thanks for the reply and as I understand the problem is not the same for everyone. When I got my 3a with Android 10 all worked fine. I took the early Android 11 Betas so it may be that. I can transfer Photos using the PTP Option (yes i do get the warning and can select the USB option but thats when the Pixel 3a disappears in File Explorer.) I think its related to Windows 10 drivers. Certainly they seem very old. No much I attempt to update it tells me that a 2006 driver is the best. Could you tell me what drivers are installed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply and as I understand the problem is not the same for everyone. When I got my 3a with Android 10 all worked fine. I took the early Android 11 Betas so it may be that. I can transfer Photos using the PTP Option (yes i do get the warning and can select the USB option but thats when the Pixel 3a disappears in File Explorer.) I think its related to Windows 10 drivers. Certainly they seem very old. No much I attempt to update it tells me that a 2006 driver is the best. Could you tell me what drivers are installed for you.

When it's plugged in, can you find it in Device Manager?
    If you can find it there, click update driver > browse my computer for drivers > let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > pick 1 from the list.
    I've currently got "Android Composite ADB Interface", but don't know if that's the best one.

• Advertisement

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    When it's plugged in, can you find it in Device Manager?
    If you can find it there, click update driver > browse my computer for drivers > let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer > pick 1 from the list.
    I've currently got "Android Composite ADB Interface", but don't know if that's the best one.

Thanks. I eventually got there when a found a thread that suggested that the correct driver could be taken from SDK Manager in Android Studio. Then again for the umpteent time I went to let me pick from a list and this time I got three of the same "Android Composite ADB Interface" and selected the third one. Then when I selected USB transfer it worked. Amazingly the driver is dated 2006.
    But thanks to you both for trying to help. Hope I can return the favour.

Advertisement