Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Raoul

Posting this here as it is another vodafone offer.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/campus.html?c_id=-campus-home-page-banner&c_name=campus-home-page-banner&c_source=home-page-banner&c_medium=other
    Is there anything to stop us getting an eir sim and swapping it over, paying 20 and then getting the "free" buds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Raoul wrote: »
    https://n.vodafone.ie/campus.html?c_id=-campus-home-page-banner&c_name=campus-home-page-banner&c_source=home-page-banner&c_medium=other
    Is there anything to stop us getting an eir sim and swapping it over, paying 20 and then getting the "free" buds?

Can't find the specific terms and conditions but looks like you can just switch and get a pair for €20 top up. Nice find.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Can't find the specific terms and conditions but looks like you can just switch and get a pair for €20 top up. Nice find.

Yeah, that's what I think...thought it was too good to be true. I had an extra Eir sim from the pixel orders, trying to find it now!! :D:D

Keep it on the QT until we get ours though please!! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Just ordered there..no order email as usual..how will we get the code to buy buds�������� if order emails are not going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

Would 48.ie sim work for this offer?

• Advertisement

Just ordered the SIM..how do u claim the earbuds ?? Once u topup by 20?

Click the "claim earbuds" link in the link above and enter the promo code at checkout that will be sent you you after you top up by €20 and make a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone know what buds they even are?

Edit: Nevermind, they are the 1st gen and can be got new for 60-70 now in places. Still not bad at 20.

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone know what buds they even are?

Edit: Nevermind, they are the 1st gen and can be got new for 60-70 now in places. Still not bad at 20.

Where do you see that they are the 1st gen?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

https://www.vodafonefaf.ie/collections/free-galaxy-buds-2019-sep-2020

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

If you click claim now button it brings you to them. They are 1st Gen, now its up to 3rd already.

I have seen them sell on likes of Amazon for as low as 70 and on Adverts for as low as 60 new.

• Advertisement

Cheers. Still not a bad offer for 20 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm guessing where it says "Your offer will re-activate every time you top up by €20 or more in one go", that this is still a once off and you can't get a new pair with every €20 topup :pac:

I'm gonna try use the €20 topup I had to buy with the pixel 3a in the vodafone shop for this and hope it works, also, I don't think they properly switched the eir sim I got to switch for the pixel 3a offer, so I'm gonna try use the same number for this too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Pretty good deal for those buds. Anyone got a handy link to stuff you can spend phone credit on? I think I saw a thread on it before but I can't see it now.

Edit: Found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is anyone else having trouble placing the order? I get through the details sections then click to confirm order and it tells me contact customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Pretty good deal for those buds. Anyone got a handy link to stuff you can spend phone credit on? I think I saw a thread on it before but I can't see it now.

Edit: Found it.
    Sorry for what is a stupid Q but I thought that you have to top up the phone number with the €20. Will it not automatically be allocated a €20 monthly plan and therefore you'll have a months long service but no credit remaining?

I thought I just switched a number over to Vodafone but never got an email to confirm.

I clicked on Switch, keep my number, typed in CC number which it said wouldn't be charged, got an order number etc. but then no email to follow up etc. I also clicked to port "in the next 2 hours" but I'm still with old service provider.

Does all that sound correct? I thought that it would switch me in 2 hours and then I could top up straight away.

I thought I just switched a number over to Vodafone but never got an email to confirm.

I clicked on Switch, keep my number, typed in CC number which it said wouldn't be charged, got an order number etc. but then no email to follow up etc. I also clicked to port "in the next 2 hours" but I'm still with old service provider.

Does all that sound correct? I thought that it would switch me in 2 hours and then I could top up straight away.

I think they actually send a Vodafone SIM out to you, and the port can't take place until you've put that SIM into a phone.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I think they actually send a Vodafone SIM out to you, and the port can't take place until you've put that SIM into a phone.

Yes, they send a sim out and when it gets signed for that triggers the port process to begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I would suggest not getting this phone in general. I bought a Pixel 3a back in March for herself, and within two months it developed it first fault - no sound, wouldn't ring. Contacted google and after trying everything they suggested, they initiated an RMA program and we were sent a refurbished phone as a replacement. 3 months old phone to refurbished. And that phone's fingerprint sensor stopped working in August. And today the screen went blank. I contact Google again and they are replacing it again (with a hold of €399 on the card while they send out another refurb possibly). We have only 5 months warranty left at this stage and I don't expect to get a day more than a year out of this phone. Every time this phone fails, we switch back to her old phone - a three year old Xiaomi Mi A1 / A2, which still works fine!! Shame on Google for selling something so poorly built!!

positron wrote: »
    I would suggest not getting this phone in general. I bought a Pixel 3a back in March for herself, and within two months it developed it first fault - no sound, wouldn't ring. Contacted google and after trying everything they suggested, they initiated an RMA program and we were sent a refurbished phone as a replacement. 3 months old phone to refurbished. And that phone's fingerprint sensor stopped working in August. And today the screen went blank. I contact Google again and they are replacing it again (with a hold of €399 on the card while they send out another refurb possibly). We have only 5 months warranty left at this stage and I don't expect to get a day more than a year out of this phone. Every time this phone fails, we switch back to her old phone - a three year old Xiaomi Mi A1 / A2, which still works fine!! Shame on Google for selling something so poorly built!!

I would say that you've just gotten unlucky as the only problem mentioned in this long thread by those that purchased it is that a small few have had their screen break.

• Advertisement

Had mine for a year, hasn't missed a beat. In fact, two other people were so impressed they got one themselves.

You have been unlucky, and you still have 18 months remaining on your warranty, so there's not a lot to worry about. I also wouldn't be bothered with being sent a refurb, I don't know why people make a big deal about this.

My hubbie had similar experience, couple of months old and speaker wasn't working, no sounds at all, really put us through the hoop to replace and ended up getting a refurb replacement.

Replacement hasn't a bother on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Same problem with mine, cpl months in sound went. Had to send back and got a refurb. I'm sure the battery in the refurb has something wrong with it, can't get a day out of it. Coming from a Huawei P8 Lite 2017 the only upgrade I notice is the superb camera on the 3a.

Same problem with mine, cpl months in sound went. Had to send back and got a refurb. I'm sure the battery in the refurb has something wrong with it, can't get a day out of it. Coming from a Huawei P8 Lite 2017 the only upgrade I notice is the superb camera on the 3a.

And the fact that the P8 is only 16gb and you can install next to nothing on it. I still use it as a spare, though.

If you're having battery issues, do a full reset and don't install any apps, then see what the battery is like. Battery drain is almost always app related.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

I would say that you've just gotten unlucky as the only problem mentioned in this long thread by those that purchased it is that a small few have had their screen break.

Sounds like it's not just me - plenty of cases of speaker issues + more screen issues. If I had only one issue and got an RMA, I would consider that unlucky. But a second (fingerprint) and then a third issue (screen) can't be just coincidence! One good thing is that Google responds to chat and offers help and eventually replaces the phone, that's good service. I shudder just thinking about dealing with Vodafone to get a warranty replacement!!

Fair play to those who got lucky with this phone! :D

Sounds like it's not just me - plenty of cases of speaker issues + more screen issues. If I had only one issue and got an RMA, I would consider that unlucky. But a second (fingerprint) and then a third issue (screen) can't be just coincidence! One good thing is that Google responds to chat and offers help and eventually replaces the phone, that's good service. I shudder just thinking about dealing with Vodafone to get a warranty replacement!!

Fair play to those who got lucky with this phone! :D

I would still say that you are just unlucky based on the number of complaints vs. number of orders on this thread and the lack of any large scale issues that I can find online with the speaker or fingerprint reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Apologies if this has been answered already but the thread is very long at this stage.

Do all the Pixel’s 3a from Vodafone come unlocked? All I have are Vodafone sims.

Thanks

Apologies if this has been answered already but the thread is very long at this stage.

Do all the Pixel’s 3a from Vodafone come unlocked? All I have are Vodafone sims.

Thanks

Yes.
    https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?thread=2058028306&query=unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got the SIM for earbuds today...do i just topup to get coupon ?

• Advertisement

Got the SIM for earbuds today...do i just topup to get coupon ?

Top up, then make a call or something. You'll get a text with a code after that (up to 2 weeks). It's all linked earlier.

Advertisement