Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

my3cents wrote: »
    Without Prime they can take a week just to pick the item before they even send it out :mad:

I have had orders that took over a week to be dispatched.

The worst thing is the poor search & the swamping of some categories by products shipped from China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Their search has always been poor.

I don't browse amazon randomly, too frustrating.

I'm usually looking for a specific item or I let HUKD do the bargain hunting for me (and repost it here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Jaklmex

I see they have big warning labels on packaging with batteries

I wonder how long addresspal will keep taking them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Jaklmex wrote: »
    I see they have big warning labels on packaging with batteries

I wonder how long addresspal will keep taking them

They don't take them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

They don't take them :D

I've had batteries delivered using addresspal? And I've an order from amazon arrived to them today...i hope it doesn't get stopped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I have ordered phones from Amazon and they were delivered with a battery label on the delivery box

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Ordered a Huawei Matebook D and some Sony headphones on the 15th, headphones were delivered today and the Huawei order had no estimated dispatch/delivery date until today which is now estimated between 25th July-19th August....thats a pretty wide estimate.......and the app says "Arriving August 19th". Anyone have any experience with these kind of estimates and wheter they are normally on the sooner rather than later side?

Just talking to my postman who asked if I got my saw the other day (son signed for it) I told him I'd sent it back because of the missing parts/damage and we got talking about Amazon Warehouse deals.

He delivered one TV to a woman from Amazon Warehouse and the box had a 3-4 year old TV in it not even the same manufacturer. She sent it back with the postman - rural post can take Amazon returns if you print out the returns label.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Hayezer wrote: »
    Ordered a Huawei Matebook D and some Sony headphones on the 15th, headphones were delivered today and the Huawei order had no estimated dispatch/delivery date until today which is now estimated between 25th July-19th August....thats a pretty wide estimate.......and the app says "Arriving August 19th". Anyone have any experience with these kind of estimates and wheter they are normally on the sooner rather than later side?

I have the same estimate for an Echo Show that was ordered as part of a deal that included a Neos web camera. The camera was delivered today but I'll have a long wait for the Show until August 19th. Since the webcam needs the Show to work properly for what I want, it'll be out of the return period before I can properly/fully test it!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Just talking to my postman who asked if I got my saw the other day (son signed for it) I told him I'd sent it back because of the missing parts/damage and we got talking about Amazon Warehouse deals.

He delivered one TV to a woman from Amazon Warehouse and the box had a 3-4 year old TV in it not even the same manufacturer. She sent it back with the postman - rural post can take Amazon returns if you print out the returns label.

Reports like yours have put me off Warehouse 'deals' in the past - just not worth the bother. Even if the item is/seems apparently good enough at delivery, I'd be seriously concerned about hidden faults that might show up later.

Interesting to know about rural returns via the postman though.

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I have the same estimate for an Echo Show that was ordered as part of a deal that included a Neos web camera. The camera was delivered today but I'll have a long wait for the Show until August 19th. Since the webcam needs the Show to work properly for what I want, it'll be out of the return period before I can properly/fully test it!

Contact support I'd be surprised if they didn't extend the returns period.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had wondered who delivers the AMAZON TVs, so it's An Post. This might explain so why they only really cater for TVs up to 50".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I bought a TV on Prime Day and it's being delivered to my office.... this may have been a mistake!

I'm after getting a total of £15 credit on my account because of 3 complaints about my Prime day orders.

First one was a keyboard I ordered that was supposed to arrive tomorrow. It changed to Monday and I got on to ask them why as I would need to make sure someone was at the house. They apologised for the change and gave me a fiver.

Then a pressure cooker I ordered gave a date of Monday but then changed to Wednesday. Same deal, another fiver.

Then finally the bloody keyboard arrived today instead of Monday. I got on to ask what the story was, and lo and behold, another fiver.

Amazon's customer service is deadly!

Only thing is, they only are valid against items sold and fulfilled by Amazon. Anyone got any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I'm after getting a total of £15 credit on my account because of 3 complaints about my Prime day orders.

First one was a keyboard I ordered that was supposed to arrive tomorrow. It changed to Monday and I got on to ask them why as I would need to make sure someone was at the house. They apologised for the change and gave me a fiver.

Then a pressure cooker I ordered gave a date of Monday but then changed to Wednesday. Same deal, another fiver.

Then finally the bloody keyboard arrived today instead of Monday. I got on to ask what the story was, and lo and behold, another fiver.

Amazon's customer service is deadly!

Only thing is, they only are valid against items sold and fulfilled by Amazon. Anyone got any suggestions?

I have made multiple complaints like these over the past 12 months and I have received nothing but a "were sorry" from Amazon, no complimentary months or 5 pounds credit or anything.

Im noticing that their customer service is getting considerably worse for my experiences anyway. I ordered a food item during prime day and after ordering noticed it was cheaper on amazon pantry. They refused to refund me the difference despite both being the exact same product and both sold and distributed by amazon. Wasnt impressed with that at all.

Hogzy wrote: »
    I have made multiple complaints like these over the past 12 months and I have received nothing but a "were sorry" from Amazon, no complimentary months or 5 pounds credit or anything.

Im noticing that their customer service is getting considerably worse for my experiences anyway. I ordered a food item during prime day and after ordering noticed it was cheaper on amazon pantry. They refused to refund me the difference despite both being the exact same product and both sold and distributed by amazon. Wasnt impressed with that at all.

Jesus I am surprised to hear that. I must have gotten lucky.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Could you have cancelled and re-ordered? Still not ideal obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Reports like yours have put me off Warehouse 'deals' in the past - just not worth the bother. Even if the item is/seems apparently good enough at delivery, I'd be seriously concerned about hidden faults that might show up later.

Interesting to know about rural returns via the postman though.

I have bought a few warehouse deals with no problems. They have always been perfect apart from damaged packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 k3v1n

Just went to cancel my Prime trial. They offered to extend the trial by 30 days. (Actually before I went to do this - it just popped up when I went to the My Prime page on Amazon.)

I chose the extend trial option, and then cancelled anyway.

Free prime until September 14th now.

Could you have cancelled and re-ordered? Still not ideal obviously.

It had already despatched, I know I have the right to refuse the delivery and have it sent back or return it under my cooling off rights but for the sake of 5 euro its not worth the hassle. Just frustrating to be honest!

• Advertisement

It had already despatched, I know I have the right to refuse the delivery and have it sent back or return it under my cooling off rights but for the sake of 5 euro its not worth the hassle. Just frustrating to be honest!

I was told to refuse delivery of an item that I didn't need (bought to complement a Warehouse item that didn't work and was sent back) and it was delivered with no signature required by the postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Fulfilled by Amazon could be two different shops selling it though and Amazon handles the fulfillment. Those shops can set prices at whatever level they see fit.
    I'm not sure why Amazon should have footed the bill for this

seannash wrote: »
    Fulfilled by Amazon could be two different shops selling it though and Amazon handles the fulfillment. Those shops can set prices at whatever level they see fit.
    I'm not sure why Amazon should have footed the bill for this

Both were sold and distributed by Amazon. Not a third party seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Noticed that I had an email from Amazon prime in my spam folder telling me that if I watch 5 minutes of any prime video before midnight, I'm eligible for a 5 pounds promo code.
    Maybe others are too?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Monokne wrote: »
    Yeah for sure.

Think yer man is talking nonsense.
    Well, that was my experience too with free delivery non-prime orders, especially those that were a combination of several low value items. A week or more of waiting till dispatch was pretty much a standard. It was different with higher value, single-item orders - those were dispatched quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Ordered a Huawei phone as part of the Prime Day promo on the Monday, by Thursday it was still showing "We'll email you when we have a delivery date".

Talked to support and they initially told us to wait as it was being prepared for delivery, but when pushed they admitted it was out of stock. They said they'd send it on once they get restocked but they'd no idea when that would be.

Why do they sell things that are out of stock? Kind of bad form especially when half the reason you get Prime is for the quick delivery...

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Standman wrote: »
    Why do they sell things that are out of stock? Kind of bad form especially when half the reason you get Prime is for the quick delivery...
    They may be copying airlines and overselling to account for, in this case, the statistical share of orders that will get cancelled before they are dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

I got my Prime Day orders yesterday. I subscribed to Prime on 16th (Tue) and cancelled Prime sub last night. I thought there was about a seven-day grace period but it seems not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My top bargain of the Prime days arrived on Saturday, the ADJ focus spot one moving head, cheers to whoever posted it and sorry if I got the only one. Also got the Kraftwerk 3d album boxset for €70 from the warehouse with a tiny split in the seam of the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement