Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day 2019 (15th & 16th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

What's the story with all the Prime Video "this title isn't available in your area" ****e? Nearly everything I clicked on is "not available" and I can't find a search function that only lists what IS available. Any ideas, thanks?

You can change the location for your Amazon services on your PC, just Google it. Also, if you are using a Smart TV make sure to check the location set on it, Ireland or the UK. I had my TV location set to the UK and had similar problems to you. Once I changed the TV location to Ireland, everything was available!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Moving2017 wrote: »
    It comes up as £4.08 when I go to pay for it.. still good!

That's just the Irish vat difference.

You can change the location for your Amazon services on your PC, just Google it. Also, if you are using a Smart TV make sure to check the location set on it, Ireland or the UK. I had my TV location set to the UK and had similar problems to you. Once I changed the TV location to Ireland, everything was available!

But how does Switching your TV location to Ireland help you get UK content?

Or did you mean change to UK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I wish there was a filter where you could remove search results that don't deliver to Ireland. it's infuriating.

You could give this Chrome add-in a try Amazon Global Shipping Filter.

Edit> I stopped using it because on my slow internet connection it takes a while to kick in and I'm often on the next page before the no delivery notice comes up.

2nd Edit> If you really want to give it a good easy test then install it and do a search for "usb power bank" you can see how quickly most if not all the items show up as No Delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Jaklmex

techdiver wrote: »
    I selected a set of headphones, and electric toothbrush, some batteries. All had the message. I have since gone in and looked through most of the items on Page 1 of "Today's Deals" and pretty much all of them have that message.
    All batteries ,they'll go by land

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I don't get why Prime is the same price to Irish customers. We don't get all of the same benefits, and prime deliveries (the ones that do deliver to Ireland) can be slow.
    Currently I'm still unable to use prime to buy anything at all anyway.
    I still think amazon are decent, but I don't use the prime digital services so I have zero use for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Suckit wrote: »
    I don't get why Prime is the same price to Irish customers. We don't get all of the same benefits, and prime deliveries (the ones that do deliver to Ireland) can be slow.
    Currently I'm still unable to use prime to buy anything at all anyway.
    I still think amazon are decent, but I don't use the prime digital services so I have zero use for it.

I don't use the TV service either but prime gives me free shipping on all orders to my door where I need to spend over 20 sterling and deliver to a UK address to get free shipping without it and then have to use parcel motel/wizard

I don't use the TV service either but prime gives me free shipping on all orders to my door where I need to spend over 20 sterling and deliver to a UK address to get free shipping without it and then have to use parcel motel/wizard

I really have no idea how this works but I have a UK bank account I use for Amazon and an Irish address recently I've been ordering single items well under £20 and getting then delivered for free with Prime :confused

I'm not going to contact them and complain :D

my3cents wrote: »
    I really have no idea how this works but I have a UK bank account I use for Amazon and an Irish address recently I've been ordering single items well under £20 and getting then delivered for free with Prime :confused

I'm not going to contact them and complain :D

Think that was the poster's point, that prime allows free delivery without needing to reach the £20 threshold.

Can do that anyway ;)

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Think that was the poster's point, that prime allows free delivery without needing to reach the £20 threshold.

Exactly my point, I ordered a single item for £7.99 yesterday and got it delivered to my door for free something I can't do without prime

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

But it's tainted by the sheer amount of lovely stuff that has to be redirected to PM/PW, Prime aside. Firesticks and dots would have been pretty popular this week, along with plenty of other bits & bobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Got another guy and it appears that my Irish credit card is the problem. But I have a UK credit card, so I can switch those over and I should have full content. I'll update you when I have done this (card is at home) and let you know if it works.

This works :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Any monitor recommendations?

Preferably something 4K and 28” -32”.

I grabbed two of these for £199 each. WQHD will be plenty for me at 27" and my desk won't fit two 32" which would be overkill anyway.

Ebuyer weren't doing them for £201 at the time (and at that price not covered by Amazons usual policies) so I have to say it looked like a better bargain yesterday, especially since the prime benefit doesn't really exist re delivery. Still a good price, everywhere else is in the £300 / €350 range.

Update on the live chat: he allegedly assigned it to a different delivery agent, when it gets despatched tonight or tomorrow it "should" arrive faster. Watch this space!

Oh, and I also succumbed to an echo dot, 2 each of their chinest smart plugs smart bulbs, a pair of Taotronics headphones to replace the excellent £49 set I got last year a stupidly sat on, and some underwear that was half price. Odd combinations.

dodzy wrote: »
    But it's tainted by the sheer amount of lovely stuff that has to be redirected to PM/PW, Prime aside. Firesticks and dots would have been pretty popular this week, along with plenty of other bits & bobs.

I have none of those, I'm already well kitted out with Google stuff :) I have a Eufy RoboVac coming to my door next Monday the only sale item I've bought. The only difficulty I've had is batteries.

Does amazon use sophisticated selling techniques?

It always reminds me of an old fashioned Street market

Jaklmex wrote: »
    Does amazon use sophisticated selling techniques?

It always reminds me of an old fashioned Street market

Are you are troll or just very naive?

Are you are troll or just very naive?

You first

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Everytime I use the TV service, I get sick of trying to find included with prime stuff and just give up to go back to Netflix. For the student rate, its worth it to be able to order any value and get free quick delivery.

Exactly my point, I ordered a single item for £7.99 yesterday and got it delivered to my door for free something I can't do without prime
    There are ways to do that without prime, very easily.

But my point was that I am unable to use prime at the moment. I could set up another account and it may work, but I only wanted it for the prime days and neither customer support chat or phone seem to know what the issue is.

It's not a big deal.

On a side note, do amazon have a large library of amazon made tv shows and/or movies?

I know of a few of them, just wondering if they were big. And the Live football coming this year too.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    There are ways to do that without prime, very easily.

Do fill us in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Yeah I don't think you're getting overnight next day deliver from Amazon to ROI without spending a lot more than 7.99. I certainly never have without at least a Prime trial.

Monokne wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think you're getting overnight next day deliver from Amazon to ROI without spending a lot more than 7.99. I certainly never have without at least a Prime trial.

Without Prime they can take a week just to pick the item before they even send it out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I ordered three items in one order on Tuesday morning. They have decided to send them all out separately. One is due to arrive on Friday, one on Saturday and one on Monday :rolleyes:

I ordered three items in one order on Tuesday morning. They have decided to send them all out separately. One is due to arrive on Friday, one on Saturday and one on Monday :rolleyes:

They could all be in different warehouses?

Have you seen the size of their warehouses? You'd want a courier just to deliver an item from one end of the warehouse to the other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Without Prime they can take a week just to pick the item before they even send it out :mad:

Yeah for sure.

Think yer man is talking nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

all mine are coming within 3 days, all via anpost

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I ordered late-ish on Monday and had two separate orders on my desk late Wednesday morning. It's hard to argue with that really. I can never understand people who complain that they don't get items the next day. Prime is primarily a UK service that we're lucky enough to avail of. It might not be next day delivery but as already pointed out it's a whole hell of a lot quicker than ordering without Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

The poor postman on our part as everything has been packaged separately. Personally it doesn't bother me but I'm sure he could do without all the individual packages. Secondly. Has anyone seen refunds being issued back into their accounts also. It seems we were charged separately for all the packages. Which is fine and normal. But also issued with two refunds of two of the amounts. So I'm a little confused

• Advertisement

I asked the postman one day about packages, he said 90% is amazon

Prime is great for free delivery atm but I reckon they'll dilute the service when they get more switched over

Advertisement