Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Discussion on Vendors, Devices etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

When people talk about the eGo kit, is that the Apollo one?

I was thinking of getting it from Apollocigs UK, is it any good, or is there a better low cost alternative?

The 'Apollo Superior Ego Kit' is the same as any standard eGo/clearo kit.

The Kanger Twist kit from e-smokeireland.eu is better value, especially with the 20% discount at the moment, just type

boards

as a coupon. Has variable voltage (VV) batteries so you can vary the hit of your device.

The Twin Redux kit from Vaperus is better value as well (but not VV batteries).

The Kanger EVod set at thebestshop.eu is better value too (but not VV batteries)

Edit: IS TYPING ON A PHONE THAT SLOW?!?

You win this time, heliguyheliguy... *shakes fist**

*may have Parkinson's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The Kanger twist on the e-smoke site asks for Kanger type and battery size? I prefer a stronger hit, so go for 900 I guess, but should I get evod, T2 or T3?

I'd get the eVod, seems to be a better-working version of the T3.
    T2 is warmer but less flavour (to me).

The hit will be decided by what voltage you set the battery to and what strength your juice is. The larger numbers for the batteries (whatever mAh) is the length of time they last in confusing electrical terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

The Kanger twist on the e-smoke site asks for Kanger type and battery size? I prefer a stronger hit, so go for 900 I guess, but should I get evod, T2 or T3?
    one of each and see which you prefer, my choice would be the t3 after having tried them all but it seems to be a matter of opinion.
    Don't sweat it too much they will all do the job

edit: no 1st this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm looking forward to this. I have been trying various e-cigs but I want to step up to the next level.

Now to decide on flavours!

it possible to get a high throat hit zero nicotine mix?

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to this. I have been trying various e-cigs but I want to step up to the next level.

Now to decide on flavours!

it possible to get a high throat hit zero nicotine mix?

menthol flavors or add vodka apparently

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

]

That ce4 ego kit will serve you well, lots of people started with them including myself.
    Check and see if the car boot sale one opens as you might be able to fit good batteries if it does, not seen it before but it does have that look about it :)

Just to say, got the ce4 kit, lots of vapour but not much throat hit compared to the x6 battery One. Weird taste too... Probably newness!

Will use as a back up I think.

The clearomizer is 2.4ohm, does this have any bearing on taste, hit?

I may have been spoiled with the x6 battery One, it has 3 different voltage settings, I usually use the middle one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I got my iclear30 delievered yesterday. Woohoo so I taught but this was no to be...I filled her up with some ejuice stuck her on my ego-C twist but nothing is happening :(. Dry hits and a bit of gurgling/pops, absolutly no vaper :O. I tried my spare battery too and it's the same story.

Just emailed the vendor to see what they recommend.

The clearomizer is 2.4ohm, does this have any bearing on taste, hit?

I may have been spoiled with the x6 battery One, it has 3 different voltage settings, I usually use the middle one.

2.4ohm would work best from 4.0-4.7v, so stick the clearo on this x6 thingy (Internet says it's an eGo device) and put on the highest setting (4.2v).

Standard eGos with one voltage work best around the 1.5-1.8ohm mark.
    An eGo Twist or SLB will give you more say in the vape you get than the x6.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Hal1 wrote: »
    I got my iclear30 delievered yesterday. Woohoo so I taught but this was no to be...I filled her up with some ejuice stuck her on my ego-C twist but nothing is happening :(. Dry hits and a bit of gurgling/pops, absolutly no vaper :O. I tried my spare battery too and it's the same story.

Just emailed the vendor to see what they recommend.

It may be that the head isn't securely fitted to the base.Any iClear I've had has needed a bit if tightening.It also helps when after filling,to give it time to wick properly,so fill and leave for about 10-20mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Quick question....have T3's changed? Looking to get some spare heads, and the ones on esmoke-ireland look completely different.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Yes
    You now have the T3 the old one and the T3S the new one. Base is different
    Both are available

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Is there any improvement? I never switched from the T2 because I heard the vape wasn't as good on the T3.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

two different animals really the T" is a top wick and coil so a warmer vape, the T3 is a bottom wick and coil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Does the T3S use the same replacement heads as the evod? If so I'd recommend going with the T3S.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Anyone wrote: »
    Quick question....have T3's changed? Looking to get some spare heads, and the ones on esmoke-ireland look completely different.

They are indeed the new t3s, early reviews have been quite positive:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

wingnut32 wrote: »
    They are indeed the new t3s, early reviews have been quite positive:)

Ordered some and replacement heads. Prefer the T3 over the T2's personally, so will be interested to see how these go. Hopefully they aren't as heavy on the heads as the old T3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

I've got 10 liqua flavours, picked up a 10 pack of them from Vaperus. Mixed apple and the berry mix and it was delicious. anyone know what other mixes would be nice?

Cola, bright tobacco, citrus, menthol, mints, coffee, apple, berry mix, strawberry and cherry are what i've got.

Slightly related they're irish and we have to get our watts from somewhere.
    Make a positive change today :)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820052608/the-good-reactor-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

one of these:
    Kanger EVod
    Kanger Protank
    Kanger T5
    and especially the Vision SSTV Nova.

Can someone tell me that all of these are suitable for an ego battery.
    I purchased the ego starter kit a few weeks ago and find the clearomisers burn out fair quickly - im loving this vaping in the house:D and in the car:D:D and not having to go outside for a smoke:pac::pac::pac:.
    So i just wanna be sure that these are the right job for me - i have some juice and a charger etc. I dont want to be messing with wicks and all that (yet) i just want to refill and vape away.
    Are these the job for me?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

They'll work but depending on whether the eGo's are VV or not you might have to go lower resistance.
    You know those things are clearos too? Their head/s will need changing as often depending on heat used and juice vaped, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

grindle wrote: »
    They'll work but depending on whether the eGo's are VV or not you might have to go lower resistance.
    You know those things are clearos too? Their head/s will need changing as often depending on heat used and juice vaped, etc etc.

It's not VV. It's an ego ce4 V3. I suppose I'm being lazy but ill give myself another few weeks with the clearos and maybe when I meet some fellow vapors and see their setups ill consider upgrading. Thanks grindle.

Get 1.8ohm head for your clearos or whatever clearo you might buy. The head of a clearo just needs to be screwed off/on when replacing. Cheaper than buying whole clearos (if that's what you've been doing) and no work involved. Just unscrew, rinse tank, screw new head on, fill, vape.

dball wrote: »
    one of these:
    Kanger EVod
    Kanger Protank
    Kanger T5
    and especially the Vision SSTV Nova.

Can someone tell me that all of these are suitable for an ego battery.
    I purchased the ego starter kit a few weeks ago and find the clearomisers burn out fair quickly - im loving this vaping in the house:D and in the car:D:D and not having to go outside for a smoke:pac::pac::pac:.
    So i just wanna be sure that these are the right job for me - i have some juice and a charger etc. I dont want to be messing with wicks and all that (yet) i just want to refill and vape away.
    Are these the job for me?

Thanks in advance

get one of each; see which u like and some low resistance heads.

Wouldn't it be a good idea if vendors offered a selection of clearos, cartomizers in a starter bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

ESI seem to have taken on the delicious Pipe Sauce range from Pure Vapour...

...which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

...or would be if they had any in stock:pac:

I'm sure they'll get them up soon. Hopefully they'll have some in 12mg strength, could only get them at 18mg on purevapour before.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

That looks like a great idea for the price...

My RBA collection
    IMG_0922.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

My RBA collection
    IMG_0922.JPG

Now that's a hobby for ya

Advertisement