Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm Installation Manual

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I PMed you that manual.
    Any problems give us a shout. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

Thanks, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 reemos

Hi - Recently moved into a new home which has an astec 63 alarm. I've downloaded the user manual but was wondering if anyone could send me the installation manual please? For some reason the part set was never setup correctly!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I PMed you that manual..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 reemos

Cheers Koolkid - appreciate it!

• Advertisement

Your welcome. Any problems you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭deegs2

looking for a battery for my astec panel anyone got one handy alos I have loads of sensors & parts for the whole spectrum of alarms (Astec)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

deegs2 wrote: »
    looking for a battery for my astec panel anyone got one handy alos I have loads of sensors & parts for the whole spectrum of alarms (Astec)

Any of the suppliers here will have the battery you need in stock.
    Here is a link to the suppliers.
    The battery you need is a 12V 2.2 Amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

Hi I have an Aztec 49 DVD alarm in the house for about 8 years. For the last good while its giving an "error 22 call engineer" message on the display. When I try and set the alarm (full or part) it says " 1 5AB fault" I have rang the installer a few times but he has failed to show up. Is there a way of clearing this code? Or what should I do? I don't have a manual.
    Dermot

It means the panel is not seeing the external bell box.
    It could be a wiring problem or the external bell itself is faulty and may need replacing. If you wish to replace the bell & keep your existing system you will need a global external SAB and an interface .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭brosnadog

Thank you for the quick response. looks like I need to find somebody who will look at it.

Probably best.
    Beware of the lads trying to sell you a complete new system with the line you cant get Astec parts. If its just a bell your OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NorthernSky

Hi, i've been searching through the forums there trying to find info on the Astec 49D panel.

Mate has it in her new house and asked me to have a look, don't know much about the panels at all, think there a bit before my time from what i can figure, i've only been working on alarms past two years or so and am used to user friendly HKC's and Aritech's :)

Is there a way to get the engineer manual and a way to default the panel as there is no way to get the engineer code, theres only 4 zones on it so may be easier in the long run to just re-program it,
    Also are the sensors and pirs closed protocol or can i change for say an aritech sensor without an interface to do so?

Sorry for the long message and any help is much appreciated

I sent you that manual. Have a look over it and come back any questions you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NorthernSky

Thats great man, sound for that, i'll have a look over it tomorrow and come back to wreck your head :D cheers

No problem.
    If your a licenced installer PM me your details. We also have a private trade forum.

Hi, i've been searching through the forums there trying to find info on the Astec 49D panel.

Mate has it in her new house and asked me to have a look, don't know much about the panels at all, think there a bit before my time from what i can figure, i've only been working on alarms past two years or so and am used to user friendly HKC's and Aritech's :)

Is there a way to get the engineer manual and a way to default the panel as there is no way to get the engineer code, theres only 4 zones on it so may be easier in the long run to just re-program it,
    Also are the sensors and pirs closed protocol or can i change for say an aritech sensor without an interface to do so?

Sorry for the long message and any help is much appreciated

A factory default on your system will bring it back to factory settings. One of the easiest system out there to reprogram. If it is engineer locked it wont default and you would need an engineer to default the system.

Global sensors can be added to this system. Even Pirs can be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭deegs2

engineer code 1174...try it or you'll have to do a full factory reset which is take out the battery link and kill the power 4711 is your default operator code and 1174 is the engineer code..99 to get out of the system

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tommy.ray

Hi KoolKid,
    is there any possibility to PM engineer/ installation manual for Astec 63?
    Thanx a lot!

tommy.ray wrote: »
    Hi KoolKid,
    is there any possibility to PM engineer/ installation manual for Astec 63?
    Thanx a lot!

Sent you the manual by P.M.

• Advertisement

Thanks, You're a star! :)

tommy.ray wrote: »
    Thanks, You're a star! :)

Your welcome, any problems let us know :)

altor wrote: »
    Your welcome, any problems let us know :)

As a matter of fact there are... Here's my story:

We are soon moving in to 7 year old house with Astec 63 system installed. The panel disconnected and battery dead, no codes known. Previous owner said he just disconnected it because once it went off for no reason, that's it. I've just had engineer visit, he reconnected everything and he attempted a factory reset. He said that it's engineer locked and I'd have to replace the whole system. I find it hard to believe that nothing can be done. <snip> the company that put it, quoted me €250 for the reset and service, that's a lot don't You think?

What are my options? Should I just leave it and don't bother or...?

Thanks for Your help

<snip> Any engineer who knows anything about alarms can bypass the engineer lock on that panel.The very most should be a call out and battery.
    Get yourself a better and more honest installer.

Any recommendations or should I just shop around and ask?

Thanks

Take a look at the sticky.
    Where are you located?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Take a look at the sticky.
    Where are you located?

I'm in Clongriffin, Dublin 13. I don't want to make anybody angry, i just explained what happened to me in my alarm "adventure" so far. The panel is engineer locked. Engineer I had over told me to change the whole system, the company that installed the alarm wants €250 for defaulting the panel and service. That's all.
    I'm just here to find somebody who can fix this for a reasonable price. Perhaps I shouldn't have named the company, sorry

I don't see anything wrong with what you posted. Its obvious to me you didn't come on here to slate anyone. You simply explained what happed & looked for advice .Based on what you are telling us I would say they are trying to sell you something you might not need.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Name of company removed. Off-topic posts removed.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the prompt action & the updates Niamh.
    Probably best to leave it at that.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement