Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm Installation Manual

Options
  • 23-09-2012 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Would it be possible for someone to send me a copy of the Actec Installation Manual / Engineers manual?

I've recently moved into a new house and alarm has an Astec 63 Alarm panel. The alarm itself could probalby use an updgrade as it looks quote old and now that they're obsolete I may move to a HKC panel.

Also is it possible to get contact sensors that are also shock / impact sensors? I seem to have either one or the other on my windows.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tleech32

Hi All

Would it be possible for someone to send me a copy of the Actec Installation Manual / Engineers manual?

I've recently moved into a new house and alarm has an Astec 63 Alarm panel. The alarm itself could probalby use an updgrade as it looks quote old and now that they're obsolete I may move to a HKC panel.

Also is it possible to get contact sensors that are also shock / impact sensors? I seem to have either one or the other on my windows.

Thanks.
    It is possible to get shock sensors with contact reeds i think you may find it difficult to find , as you know there obsolete now, would be good idea to upgrade,As you may need to replace faulty equipment in the future.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It is possible to convert normal global sensors to work with Astec,
    If you need any resistors give me a shout.
    If you looking to upgrade Siemens or HKC 10/70 would be the best options.
    Some more info on that here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

tleech32 wrote: »
    It is possible to get shock sensors with contact reeds i think you may find it difficult to find , as you know there obsolete now, would be good idea to upgrade,As you may need to replace faulty equipment in the future.

Hi TLeech

Thanks for response, Yeah Id say ill be going down the route of replacing the sensors as wel as the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

KoolKid wrote: »
    It is possible to convert normal global sensors to work with Astec,
    If you need any resistors give me a shout.
    If you looking to upgrade Siemens or HKC 10/70 would be the best options.
    Some more info on that here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056676093

Got that manual thanks KoolKid.

I think I'll be going with the HKC route, I've used there panels before when our work alarm was fitted. I also have some dealings with them directly through my job (PCB's) so I'd like to stick with what you know.

The only preference that I would have it that I would go for a fully wired system, don't know why but im not 100% confident of wireless systems.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The 10/70 would give you the wireless option if your stuck anywhere.
    With Astec being 2 wire you may have devices sharing the same cable & find yourself short.
    With Siemens you can common the negatives to share power with zones etc.
    Generally not as easy with HKC panels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 martin27

Hi, I'd like to get an Astec 49D engineer/installation manual, any ideas where I can find this?

Sent you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 martin27

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sent you that.

Safely received, KoolKid, many thanks

Your welcome. Any hassles you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 obrienjtj

Trying to add a new Infrared sensor to Astec 63 Alarm System. Anyone got an engineers Installation Manual / Engineers manual? Thanks

• Advertisement

Sent you that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 danjoy7

Looking for astec 63 engineer manual???

Sent you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

hi folks, i also have an astec alarm, 77 call engineer keeps flashing in the top right hand side, how do i get this to stop or clear it. alarm is working perfect otherwise touch wood!

You would need engineer access to clear it .
    If you have the engineer code enter 27 & reset the counter to 0
    (Press set 00 set)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

well that f..ks that then, tried ringing the guys who installed it when it first came up no answer after a load of calls , id say they could be out of business.

PM the company that installed it and I'll see if I can find anything.
    Have you tried the default code 1174?
    You could also try defaulting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mrchoco

Hi, having trouble with an astec alarm. Was showing 22 call engineer fault, wasn't seein the outside bell I think but that's fixed I think

Now 76 call engineer is showing and it won't set.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

Call engineer 76 is a tamper reset. Do you have the engineer code for this system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mrchoco

No don't have anything like that. It was installed earlier in the year but can't get hold of the company who put the alarm in.

I fixed the outside bell and it changed from 22 to 76 but the alarm still won't set, not sure where to go from here!

• Advertisement

Installed earlier this year? ???
    Are you sure? Astec are gone longer than that. PM me who installed it and ill see if I can get a code for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RobbieI

Im am having trouble with my Astec Alarm system, i have the user manual but am looking for the Installation / Engineers Manual, if some one could help. Thanks.

PMed you that. Any problems give us a shout.

I havent received that yet, can you resend please.

Resent.

Sorry about this, but i have checked private messages again and nothing has come through. I only joined up this morning, would this have something to do with me not getting your message?

Check in control panel》edit options 》 private message options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JC Scooby

Hello,
    I have a problem with the control panel. Flashing C Call Engineer......

Any help would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JC Scooby

Also will not allow me to input code!!

• Advertisement

Power it down completely. (Remove the mains fuse open the lid and remove the battery link ) Wait 1 minute & power back up on the mains only. If the keypad returns to normal disarm & replace the battery link.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement