Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm Installation Manual

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JS76

Hi KoolKid,
    Is there any chance you could send me the installation manual for the Astec 63d panel

Thanks
    JS

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMed you that. Hope it helps. Any problems give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JS76

Hi KoolKid,
    Thats brilliant, thanks for that

JS76

• Registered Users Posts: 5 nwhse

Thaks for the manual & info Koolkid & Altor! Guess I'll find out when I get power! :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

nwhse wrote: »
    Thaks for the manual & info Koolkid & Altor! Guess I'll find out when I get power! :D

Your welcome. If you need any further information you know where we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 kernel.panic

Hi, anyone got an installation guide for an astec alarm?

It's been showing a battery fault for a little while. I'm hoping it's co-incidental that it has decided to give up the ghost at the same time that I'm relaying my attic installation.... Nice little rat's nest of alarm wiring up there. If only I knew who did the original installation, well I'd.....

K.P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi, anyone got an installation guide for an astec alarm?

It's been showing a battery fault for a little while. I'm hoping it's co-incidental that it has decided to give up the ghost at the same time that I'm relaying my attic installation.... Nice little rat's nest of alarm wiring up there. If only I knew who did the original installation, well I'd.....

K.P

Hi K.P,

Sent you the manual by P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kernel.panic

Thanks KoolKid and altor. All sorted out now. It was either a jiggled wire or an internal ringer full of attic dust.

Thanks. Your welcome. Any more bother you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brookline

Hi KoolKid,

Could you please send me an Astec Alarm Installation Manual, cheers

• Advertisement

Sent you that manual. Any problems give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maxwellhouse

Hi all, after boring through my alarm cable. Probably have cut all cores but need to bell out to be sure. Any install manual out there for astec 49. Hopefully I can run some diag. Not sure what to do if all core are damaged.

Considering its my own home I may take the contact out of the system. Any idea what resistance needed to close zone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maxwellhouse

Hi all, after boring through my alarm cable. Probably have cut all cores but need to bell out to be sure. Any install manual out there for astec 49. Hopefully I can run some diag. Not sure what to do if all core are damaged.

Considering its my own home I may take the contact out of the system. Any idea what resistance needed to close zone off.

The Astec system needs to see 1.5k ohms to close a zone
    I will PM you the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 APPREPAIRMAN

Hi Looking for engineer/installation manual for Astec 49 system ,thanks in advance.:P

I have PMed you that manual. If you need any help you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ladybong

Hi all,

I know astec have gone out of business, but would any one know where I could pick up a external bell and a front door contact with blue spot on it for my own system , cheers

You can get a normal alarm contact & convert it to entry/exit using 2 680ohm resistors in parallel.
    You need an S22 bell interface to use a global bell on an Astec system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ladybong

KoolKid wrote: »
    You can get a normal alarm contact & convert it to entry/exit using 2 680ohm resistors in parallel.
    You need an S22 bell interface to use a global bell on an Astec system.[/

Cheers KoolKid ,

Where would I get an S22 bell interface

Ring around a few companies is your best bet. There are none available via wholesalers AFAIK.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 CollyFowler

Hi Koolkid,

I'd really really appreciate if you could PM me an engineer manual for a 49dv.

Many thanks.

Hi Koolkid,

I'd really really appreciate if you could PM me an engineer manual for a 49dv.

Many thanks.

PMed you that.

altor wrote: »
    PMed you that.

Thank you very much

I replaced a faulty smokehead and detector (Zone 1) as it was firing the alarm constantly.

Now I'm getting a 5AB error on that zone when I try to do a set. It also loops through the other 3 zones and gives a simple "Fault".

I'm also getting a 22 Call Engineer on the panel. Manual says "Fault in system. A sounder, a smoke detector or a relay card has been disconnected. Display cleared by removing fault"

I can't see any reference to the 5AB error in the manual

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's telling you the external bell is disconnected.
    This is connected to the same terminals as the smoke detectors. Check the connections at the panel.
    Is the smoke detector working OK?

It's telling you the external bell is disconnected.
    This is connected to the same terminals as the smoke detectors. Check the connections at the panel.
    Is the smoke detector working OK?

I'm sure its something stupid I did on the smokehead replacement. I'll check it again when I go home and might post a quick pic.

I don't know how to test the smoke detector as I can't set the alarm.
    Do you mean when I press the test button?

Do you have engineer access?

Do you have engineer access?

I don't think so. If I hit Clear - 4711 or 1147 then I don't get anything. I think that the installer must have set a different engineer code :mad:

And he won't answer any phone calls anymore. :rolleyes:

I don't think so. If I hit Clear - 4711 or 1147 then I don't get anything. I think that the installer must have set a different engineer code :mad:

And he won't answer any phone calls anymore. :rolleyes:

If you P.M. me the installers name I will check my list to see if I have a code for you. I would check the connections in the sounders bus as it may just be a loose connection causing the fault on the external bell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

Can someone please send the installation manual for Astec 63d?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement