Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick Businesses Closed V 2.0 [Mod note post 1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

I see Robin Archers t shirt print shop on Ellen street is closed but they are still in business elsewhere.

Cafe Lazio at the market gone again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Pebbled Pathways creche closed also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

kilburn wrote: »
    Pebbled Pathways creche closed also

I know name sounds familar, was that in grove island ?

I know name sounds familar, was that in grove island ?

A mate of mine living in Corbally only mentioned to me that the creche they use won't be re-opening so thats probably the one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Yeah that's the crèche when you turn in to where St Mary's RFC is and head down towards the roundabout. Kings Island community crèche is closing for 4 to 6 weeks from Monday because of lack of staff, if anyone knows someone from that crèche in Corbally looking for work then Northside Family Resource Centre are hiring.

Yeah that's the crèche when you turn in to where St Mary's RFC is and head down towards the roundabout. Kings Island community crèche is closing for 4 to 6 weeks from Monday because of lack of staff, if anyone knows someone from that crèche in Corbally looking for work then Northside Family Resource Centre are hiring.
    Thanks it was10yrs since i was @ that place dropping off. It was in the papers & facebook so they would prob know already about kings island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

If Pebbled Pathways is closed, it wouldn't be that surprising. The drop in standards in the last few years is quite dramatic.

Plus one on this

All the staff let go by email as well didn't even have the courtesy to ring them individually

Plus one on this

All the staff let go by email as well didn't even have the courtesy to ring them individually

That wouldn't be out of character either. Some great staff treated very badly in recent years also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Has Ampersand across from CBS closed or is it just closed on a Monday? Was all shut up today when I passed.

• Advertisement

Acorn cafe on Thomas Street up for let so not reopening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭topcat72

Horrible news on Pebbled Pathways - http://pebbledpathways.com/creche-closure-july-2020/ - both my kids went there when younger.
    I hope teh staff are snaoped up by other creches/ childcare facilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

sioda wrote: »
    Ambassador dry cleaning in Arthur's quay is gone.

Caherdavin one is gone as well.

topcat72 wrote: »
    Horrible news on Pebbled Pathways - http://pebbledpathways.com/creche-closure-july-2020/ - both my kids went there when younger.
    I hope teh staff are snaoped up by other creches/ childcare facilities.

If any of the staff are reading this the crèche in Clonlara are looking for people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

They had a post on Facebook in the last few days with a photo, it has been gutted so they can redesign it with social distance measures in mind.

Opening this week

g

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Any word on Easons in the city. Bog loss... for my browsing.

Glenomra wrote: »
    Any word on Easons in the city. Bog loss... for my browsing.

Still closed but defo people in and out of there this week

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Caherdavin one is gone as well.

The one in Dooradoyle is closed too.

CosmicFool wrote: »
    The one in Dooradoyle is closed too.
    isnt their base still in Raheen business park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

sioda wrote: »
    Still closed but defo people in and out of there this week

Apparently the basement flooded while the store was closed, lots of damage is supposed to have occured.

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    Apparently the basement flooded while the store was closed, lots of damage is supposed to have occured.
    ya there was they found this in the basment
    ING-leeks.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Thats poor Bond....very poor.

ya there was they found this in the basment
    ING-leeks.jpg

No it's quite a good one or maybe I have been lockdowned too long. Found those leeks in the natural history section I presume....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

dashoonage wrote: »
    Thats poor Bond....very poor.

:p:p I know old dad jokes :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Scallions? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Garden World on Ellen St is closing. Disappointing as it was the only shop of that type in the city. They are planning on relocating but have no new premises yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Treepole wrote: »
    Garden World on Ellen St is closing. Disappointing as it was the only shop of that type in the city. They are planning on relocating but have no new premises yet.

The building they're in is part of the Opera site, so they have no choice but to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

I didn’t realise that was included also. I liked the stonework, is it to be retained or knocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Treepole wrote: »

Aw that's a shame. I loved buying plants there. We still have the newer garden centre open beside Burger King.

mdmix wrote: »
    I didn’t realise that was included also. I liked the stonework, is it to be retained or knocked?

Retained. Everything on the block except for 1-4 Rutland St is part of the development.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Quay Books gone from Arthur’s Quay. They still appear to be selling off their website though.

Quay Books gone from Arthur’s Quay. They still appear to be selling off their website though.

That was in the centre of the floor wasnt it? Covid probably screwed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

I heard that a new bookshop is opening in a unit beside Modern Man across the road from the abandoned Dunnes stores.

lasno wrote:
    I heard that a new bookshop is opening in a unit beside Modern Man across the road from the abandoned Dunnes stores.

Having a brain melt moment where is that

A few doors up from The Pier Hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Sarsfield Street.

lasno wrote: »

Quay Books have a post up on their FB this morning re closing the stall in Arthur’s Quay that says “Chapter two of our story will commence at 11 Sarsfield Street sometime next week”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it the old Alchemist search shop they’re moving into? Saw them yesterday morning but never considered what was there before.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is it the old Alchemist search shop they’re moving into? Saw them yesterday morning but never considered what was there before.

I had to look on Google Earth. There’s a building between Pier One and Alcehmist that has three units. Modern Man is one, a clothes alteration place ‘Zipped’ next to that and an empty unit. Not sure what was there last though.

Alterations place comes up as 11 Sarsfield St but it may be split into 2. Looking on Streetview it seems to be the unit to the left of that.

Hope they have success in the new place. I often wondered how well they were doing in Arthur’s Quay.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Alterations place comes up as 11 Sarsfield St but it may be split into 2. Looking on Streetview it seems to be the unit to the left of that.

Hope they have success in the new place. I often wondered how well they were doing in Arthur’s Quay.

Very well I would have assumed. Great footfall, cheap books, almost nonexistent overheads had to be very viable. I think Tesco wanted them gone to get space for covid queuing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Yes saw that quay books had moved in near pier one, hopefully they get some good passing traffic.

Very well I would have assumed. Great footfall, cheap books, almost nonexistent overheads had to be very viable. I think Tesco wanted them gone to get space for covid queuing.

I would have thought the rent would have been massive. I know the units there were astronomical rent.
    Maybe the stalls were cheap. Great footfall but not sure how many were buying books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,025 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

If thats true hopefully Tesco have to pay the rent for a while. The move might also be in anticipation of the new student village

breezy1985 wrote: »
    If thats true hopefully Tesco have to pay the rent for a while. The move might also be in anticipation of the new student village

Student village? If you mean the old Dunnes site, it's due to be purely an educational facility, not an accommodation block. And with the pandemic (and change of President at UL) is years away from anything happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,025 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Student village? If you mean the old Dunnes site, it's due to be purely an educational facility, not an accommodation block. And with the pandemic (and change of President at UL) is years away from anything happening.

I always thought people would be living there. My bad.
    Im not holding my breath on the construction either shure were still waiting for Opera 15 years on

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭moonage

Quay Books have a post up on their FB this morning re closing the stall in Arthur’s Quay that says “Chapter two of our story will commence at 11 Sarsfield Street sometime next week”

It'll be a lot easier to browse their stock on shelves in a shop.

In Arthur’s Quay the books were often in piles, with some piles often obscuring other piles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Heard the company over Smyths Icon are pulling out.

Advertisement