Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Toy Show 2019 - Friday 29th. November 9.35pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

bluewolf wrote: »
    it actually is

deciding between proseccco or baileys banana milkshakes
    Have both.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I doubt you'd be able to have too many Baileys banana milkshakes before you throw up. Then again, you could say the same for watching Tubs in a Christmas jumper

they're actually really nice :):)

bluewolf wrote: »
    it actually is

deciding between proseccco or baileys banana milkshakes

Where’s the choice? It’s why you have two hands!

Colossal_Blobfish-3_grande.jpg?v=1511207655

Where de fek do you get those blobfish pictures?

Reminds me of de market in Loulé, Portugal, where I swear they had blobfish and things from de sea even uglier.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,628 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Of course, the LLS producers remembered to ask Disney's permission to use the 'Frozen' characters and songs in tonight's show.

depositphotos_96390148-stock-photo-office-worker-nervous-breakdown-fatigue.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Where’s the choice? It’s why you have two hands!

The other hand is for the mute button when the Billy Barry kids are wheeled out.

Of course, the LLS producers remembered to ask Disney's permission to use the 'Frozen' characters and songs in tonight's show.

And to pay the royalties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Gobby child who goes viral

The other hand is for the mute button when the Billy Barry kids are wheeled out.

Alexa! Sound off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Ridiculous the amount of hype surrounding this show,it has been relentless for weeks and today it has been vomit inducing.

On Drivetime earlier, a reporter suggested that by-election turnout could be hit by people being busy 'preparing for the toy show'. Is this a thing now? Or is it just another example of RTE's self-importance?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

It not frozen.
    It’s Bleedin Freezin.
    2 totally different shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

NIMAN wrote: »
    It has actually become the news now, hasn't it?

Fills up so much RTE air time.

I stand to be corrected,but I'm sure I heard Micheal Lehane refer to it as the biggest event in the country today when he was doing a report on the By Elections during the 1o'clock radio news.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Does anyone actually remember the LLTS from the 80s with Gaybo? There were feck all toys on it back then too and it was riddled with the bloody Billy Barry Kids or some old bore who was wheeled out to sing a ballad.
    I remember one year seeing a huge Star Wars diorama in the background and spent the whole show begging them to spend some time on it.
    Did they?
    Did they feck... they rolled out the Billy Barry Kids for another performance. Christ on a crutch. It was grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

I'd say Ed sheeran will make his annual appearance or ur man Dermot Kennedy who sings DON'T TELL ME THIS IS ALL FOR NOTHING

Remember this post

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The Toy Show had ran its course before Tubridy became the host.
    It was an excellent idea in its day, allowing parents of small children an opportunity to see what toys were on offer that year , and actually see children demonstrating the toys.
    Back then the show was later in December and It was the first mention of the year for kids of Santa and they could then write to him to tell him what they wanted.
    I have no idea what it’s supposed to be about now. It seems to be a vehicle for Tubridy to demonstrate his versatility, or what he imagines is his versatility. It’s cringe making in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,628 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Andrew00 wrote: »
    I'd say Keith Barry, Francis Brennan or Dermot Bannon will make their weekly appearance.

Remember this post

FYP :)

A bit tangential to all of this, but am watching on RTE player “live” mode, and there are no adverts. But when I watch on catch up, I am bleedin’ well bombarded with them, to the point that I loose the will to live and give up.

Why does RTE do these daft things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

At least the Irish rugby team probably won't be making an appearance, what with letting the entire country down at the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is there really any need for the big sob story?

Biggest television event of the year-says Sharon ní Bheólán

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

splinter65 wrote: »
    The Toy Show had ran its course before Tubridy became the host.
    It was an excellent idea in its day, allowing parents of small children an opportunity to see what toys were on offer that year , and actually see children demonstrating the toys.
    Back then the show was later in December and It was the first mention of the year for kids of Santa and they could then write to him to tell him what they wanted.
    I have no idea what it’s supposed to be about now. It seems to be a vehicle for Tubridy to demonstrate his versatility, or what he imagines is his versatility. It’s cringe making in my opinion.

Not if you're a kid. They love it and they love Christmas. Their opinions are the only ones that count.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Remember last year they organised for a lad to meet his hero.

Evelyn cusack.

Big item on the News; it’s not news, it’s yet to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 32,988 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Biggest television event of the year-says Sharon nhe

RTE propaganda.

Tubridy should really be doing two smaller weekly tv shows: one for children, and one of book reviews. That’s his niche.

Not if you're a kid. They love it and they love Christmas. Their opinions are the only ones that count.

Especially as those same kids pay the Licence fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

"the goof factor will be turned up to 11,we are bringing back goof" says tubs,fsake. Wonder will he be on the pepsi max tonight as most years he seems odd to say the least.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

take an extra drink if they've a kid to meet their 'hero' and they haven't a notion who they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I’ll be watching for as long as I can stay awake!
    Work was crazy today, Black Friday sh1te! I got a bottle of wine to sit back tonight and watch it, but I was so glad to be home to chill out that I opened it at 6.15 and now it’s gone!
    I live about 20 metres from the shop... tempted to get another! :)
    Decisions, decisions! Join in the tradition of having alcohol to watch this and suffer a hangover in the morning or not?! :)

• Advertisement

Bring back the days of Dustin the turkey randomly appearing cursing and abusing gay.

Those were the days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement