Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Toy Show 2019 - Friday 29th. November 9.35pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,857 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

As I am now in a festive mood, I have bought Ryan a gift.

Hillary_Action_Packaged_03_92df1aa0-3f51-4ec1-98a9-ae99cc87a4c3_1024x1024.jpg?v=1523947897

Deleted computer hard drive sold seperately. :pac:

Trailer for the Toy Show on Morning Ireland - Ryan said gorgeous, nice, kindness, love in one sentence without drawing breath. I can hardly wait! Theme is Disney’s Frozen. Product placement?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

Trailer for the Toy Show on Morning Ireland - Ryan said gorgeous, nice, kindness, love in one sentence without drawing breath. I can hardly wait! Theme is Disney’s Frozen. Product placement?

Apparently there is pressure to have Elsa ''come out''. Can people not just let kids be kids? Why the need to bring sex into children's entertainment? It's creepy and should be called out as such. Why does Elsa have to have a partner at all, there's no need to bring romance or sex into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

blueshade wrote: »
    Apparently there is pressure to have Elsa ''come out''. Can people not just let kids be kids? Why the need to bring sex into children's entertainment? It's creepy and should be called out as such. Why does Elsa have to have a partner at all, there's no need to bring romance or sex into it.
    Why did you bring it into this thread?
    There's no pressure, just twits being twits on twitter.

Why did you bring it into this thread?
    There's no pressure, just twits being twits on twitter.

Who are you, the Boards police?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

Who are you, the Boards police?
    No not at all, just asked a question.
    I just think that by mentioning crap like that on here, it's kinda spreading that nonsense even more. We have to stop giving this type of rubbish the time of day or it empowers these idiots.

No not at all, just asked a question.
    I just think that by mentioning crap like that on here, it's kinda spreading that nonsense even more. We have to stop giving this type of rubbish the time of day or it empowers these idiots.

I think it's important to try to nip it in the bud before it takes hold. The Smiths toy shop ad last year trying to slip in a transgender child had a massive backlash against it which is right because kids should just be kids. Childhood ends far too soon nowadays.

Who on earth is Elsa?

Who on earth is Elsa?

Frozen character, I think. I think tonight's theme is Frozen, it can't be any worse than the Greatest Showman atrocity of last year. I won't be watching anyway.

Frozen character, I think. I think tonight's theme is Frozen, it can't be any worse than the Greatest Showman atrocity of last year. I won't be watching anyway.

Aah thanks that makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Why are you posting in the thread then?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dubdaymo

Good luck and a happy evening's viewing to all. I won't be watching it but, then, I'm probably the only one who's never seen an episode of the likes of:

The Simpsons
    Fair City
    Strictly
    The Kardashians
    Love Island
    Love/Hate
    "Celebrity" this that and the other

Ye can have them all.

At 9.30pm tonight I'll be watching Casablanca again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

dubdaymo wrote: »
    Good luck and a happy evening's viewing to all. I won't be watching it but, then, I'm probably the only one who's never seen an episode of the likes of:

The Simpsons
    Fair City
    Strictly
    The Kardashians
    Love Island
    Love/Hate
    "Celebrity" this that and the other

Ye can have them all.

At 9.30pm tonight I'll be watching Casablanca again.

Is that you Ryan? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Both the treats this morning. Share size Milkybar buttons and Twirl bites.
    Should probably get something for the wife too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

razorblunt wrote: »
    Both the treats this morning. Share size Milkybar buttons and Twirl bites.
    Should probably get something for the wife too.

Don't forget the jelly beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

Cancer; but with a festive twist:

Tubridy's gonna come out dressed a massive tumour with tinsel and baubles hangin off him. And the opening number will be 'Death and All his Friends' (Coldplay), sung by Tubridy as all the kids dance around him.

Jesus christ, thats a bit dark

Can anyone advise if this will be on the rte player with cast function in the north??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

From The Examiner :

"We started working on Frozen on the very night of the last toy show. In the green room, three 7Ups in, I approached the team and said I have got this,” he said.

We had to take a bit of a gamble because we did not think that Frozen 2 was going to be so big,” said Tubridy when he unveiled the show’s theme and set.

“We threw the dice and said: ‘Please, Frozen gods shine on us’ and they did because now it is the biggest movie of the year."

So basing a show on the biggest movie of a few years ago with a sequel out this year is a gamble ?? oh f*ck off Ryan.
    "I got this" - so this is how he earns his half a million living. Amazing. Not an original idea in sight.

Also :

“We have been peppering the show with a lot of kindness. There will be things that you don’t see coming but I am not going to tell you about that.”

theres that word again.

And:

However, there will fewer toys on the show this year with the emphasis on quality rather than quantity.

So if you thought last year was bad, there'll be less this year.
    Its basically just an RTE televised panto now.
    I wont be watching. Bah Humbug. :p

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    From The Examiner :

"We started working on Frozen on the very night of the last toy show. In the green room, three 7Ups in, I approached the team and said I have got this,” he said.

We had to take a bit of a gamble because we did not think that Frozen 2 was going to be so big,” said Tubridy when he unveiled the show’s theme and set.

“We threw the dice and said: ‘Please, Frozen gods shine on us’ and they did because now it is the biggest movie of the year."

So the basing a show on the biggest movie of a few years ago with a sequel out this year is a gamble ?? oh f*ck off Ryan.
    "I got this" - so this is how he earns his half a million living. Amazing. Not an original idea in sight.

Also :

“We have been peppering the show with a lot of kindness. There will be things that you don’t see coming but I am not going to tell you about that.”

theres that word again.

And:

However, there will fewer toys on the show this year with the emphasis on quality rather than quantity.

Its basically just a RTE televised panto now.

I'm kind of suspicious of the ''kindness'' bit, nothing wrong with a bit of kindness but I'm wondering if this is more of a ''diversity'' issue? Perhaps a more ''inclusive'' thing where we shy away from Christmas and instead replace it with things that are non offensive to minority religions and which open up a bigger toy market to manufacturers.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

blueshade wrote:
    Sadly it hasn't been a toy show for years. It's more of a talent show for kids hoping to be discovered, with a few toys thrown in here and there. I don't think it can get much more woke at this point, a blind precocious Traveler child with Davy whateverhisface his. Various other precocious kids related to various RTE employees along with a few celebrities turning up to flog whatever album/book they've got out for Christmas under the guise of ''surprising'' some child on the show that's a fan of theirs. I pity kids who never actually saw the proper Toy Show. Last year was the end of it for me.

blueshade wrote:
    Nobody will ever better Gay Byrne's style of hosting the Toy Show. That put upon doing it grudgingly face worked the best. A grown man trying to out child children is tiresome and irritating. I'll watch something else this year.

blueshade wrote:

And yet here you are still posting away :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I'm kind of suspicious of the ''kindness'' bit, nothing wrong with a bit of kindness but I'm wondering if this is more of a ''diversity'' issue? Perhaps a more ''inclusive'' thing where we shy away from Christmas and instead replace it with things that are non offensive to minority religions and which open up a bigger toy market to manufacturers.

It will be more of a Woke Fest, than a toy show, from what Tubridy was hinting at this morning.

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    And yet here you are still posting away :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I had to be watching it to voice an opinion. Realistically it's been sh*t for years and everyone knows it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Read on another forum that shops are selling late late toy show treat boxes don’t think they are in anyway connected with RTE though.

Seperately the show should start earlier I think too late for very small kids I know they can watch the repeat but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

FYP
    Nerdlingr wrote: »
    From The Examiner :

"We started working on Frozen on the very night of the last toy show. In the green room, three lines of coke off a weather girls arse in, I approached the team and said I have got this ,” he said.

“We had to take a bit of a gamble because we did not think that Frozen 2 was going to be so big” said Tubridy when he unveiled the show’s theme and set.

So basing a show on the biggest movie of a few years ago with a sequel out this year is a gamble ?? oh f*ck off Ryan.

Also :

theres that word again.

And:

Its basically just a RTE televised panto now.

Tubs: this years toy show will be more giddy than previous years.

God help us

Blaizes wrote: »
    Read on another forum that shops are selling late late toy show treat boxes don’t think they are in anyway connected with RTE though.

Seperately the show should start earlier I think too late for very small kids I know they can watch the repeat but still.

It _was_ the late late toy show. But its now the RTE slightly-toy related panto. Hosted by a Muppet. With a toyshow special on at 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Tubs: this years toy show will be more giddy than previous years.

God help us

He's gone "full goof" this year as he said himself.

And everyone knows...

NEVER go full goof !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,085 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

It _was_ the late late toy show. But its now the RTE slightly-toy related panto. Hosted by a Muppet. With a toyshow special on at 4pm.

I notice the spin off shows this week were all about the child performers and music / dance routines, virtually nothing about the toys.

It has morphed into something else and cannot really be called a 'toy show' - more like a Christmas entertainment / variety show featuring lots of kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was never as glad to be working on a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭fluke

Here's hoping the player works this time. It went to shit last year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just saw a bit of the one o'clock news on RTE 1.

Tubridy promises 'off the charts eejitry' and adds 'I'm good at that'... Right. That seems to be all he brings to the LLS at any time of year. That's what he gets paid a kings ransom for. :rolleyes:

I think he makes the show all about himself. I don't watch, but the many many promos are hard to avoid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement