Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Miami Dolphins Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

TaosHum wrote: »
    Expecting a dour enough affair. Considering how bad the Broncos offense has been, I'd fancy Miami's chances.

Fingers and toes crossed

Losing streak broken roll on next week. Job now is to try finish the year at .500 or just below. It'll be tough but never say never

Views on that onside kick call by adam gase more than welcome. Personally i dont like it at all, ok maybe he is pissed at somebody in the broncos organisation but dont do if that way to make a point please coach. I got a feeling by the way that this could come back to bite us in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Yeah, thought it was pretty classless and a low point on what was a pretty decent outing.

But nice to get a win and a convincing one at that. Not expecting much from the next one against the Pats though.

Yeah, thought it was pretty classless and a low point on what was a pretty decent outing.

But nice to get a win and a convincing one at that. Not expecting much from the next one against the Pats though.

Me neither so assuming we lose then we are 5&8 which leaves us 2 games against the bills which are both winable and 1 more game which i forget who its against so i think 8&8 is still possible

• Advertisement

spud06 wrote: »
    Me neither so assuming we lose then we are 5&8 which leaves us 2 games against the bills which are both winable and 1 more game which i forget who its against so i think 8&8 is still possible

I think 8-8 or 7-9 will be enough for Gase to keep his job, but 4 losses would see him under real pressure.

I think 8-8 or 7-9 will be enough for Gase to keep his job, but 4 losses would see him under real pressure.

If he does keep his job we need a huge overhaul in my opinion and not just as regards players on both sides of the ball but also better coordinators. For the players we have on both Offence and Defense we should be way way better and in my opinion thats down to gase.

Absolutely massive win last night. Defense absolutely outstanding and Cutler very good too. 3 more games and if we get 3 wins then a great chance of making the play offs

Always nice to get one over Brady and the Pats, but it's even sweeter that it was such a good all round performance.

The Bills twice along with the Chiefs, I'd be very surprised if we can take all three, but it's not beyond possible.

Always nice to get one over Brady and the Pats, but it's even sweeter that it was such a good all round performance.

The Bills twice along with the Chiefs, I'd be very surprised if we can take all three, but it's not beyond possible.

If we win 2 and get to .500 then im happy

• Advertisement

This is painful to watch

Jay f***ing cutler u a**hole

Good to see Jay revert to norm, some of those throws were really bad.

Better off losing the next two and trying to get a top 10 draft pick.

Good to see Jay revert to norm, some of those throws were really bad.

Better off losing the next two and trying to get a top 10 draft pick.

Not a bad idea in fairness. Cant rely on Tannehil either

• Registered Users Posts: 25 peckerdara

So, with training camp about to start, is this the only time we get to be optimistic and full of hope!

I'm saying Tannehill back makes a huge difference to this team and if LB, DB can perform we make a push of play-offs. He was top 15 QB before injury which is more then enough to make a run with a decent team.

I don't agree with all 4/5 games, one of worst teams in the league rubbish.

As I said - training camp is for the optimistic ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Colohall

I think the Defense will live and die by how well/badly the Defensive Line plays. If they don't get pressure on the QB, I think the Corners could get very exposed. Same with the Linebackers in the run game if the D Line can't keep them clean.

I'm really optimistic about the Offense though. There seems to be something different about Tannehill this year, seems to be more relaxed/confident. I really hope Sitton can be the presence the O Line have needed too

Colohall wrote: »
    I think the Defense will live and die by how well/badly the Defensive Line plays. If they don't get pressure on the QB, I think the Corners could get very exposed. Same with the Linebackers in the run game if the D Line can't keep them clean.

I'm really optimistic about the Offense though. There seems to be something different about Tannehill this year, seems to be more relaxed/confident. I really hope Sitton can be the presence the O Line have needed too

Good additions on both sides of the ball. Looking forward to seeing the rookies think 1 or 2 in particular could be really good. 1 big problem still imo though Ryan Tannehill

I think the Fins are abit of an unknown quantity this season. Lots of question marks about this team.

What will we get from Tannehill after his knee injury?
    Will Drake take it to the next level and become the standout feature back?
    Lots of changes on the receiving core, can Amendola stay healthy & will Gesicki hit the ground running, as there's nothing else at TE.
    I like the tackles & Sitton, but Kilcore and Davis worry me.
    Suh was not replaced and I think DT is an issue.
    I like the Ends & hopefully Harris kicks on this season & becomes solid rotation for Wake.
    Linebackers really worry me. Could really do with a big season from McMillan, but that's asking alot.
    Love the look of the secondary. If Fitzpatrick lives up to his potential, this unit could be special.

I think the Fins are abit of an unknown quantity this season. Lots of question marks about this team.

Lots of changes on the receiving core, can Amendola stay healthy & will Gesicki hit the ground running, as there's nothing else at TE.
    I like the Ends & hopefully Harris kicks on this season & becomes solid rotation for Wake.
    Linebackers really worry me. Could really do with a big season from McMillan, but that's asking alot.
    Love the look of the secondary. If Fitzpatrick lives up to his potential, this unit could be special.

Agree with most of that and maybe im being a bit bias but I think the so called experts are being harsh on what they think of our chances this year

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Colohall

Totally agree about the DT situation. Would feel much better if they somehow managed to bring in Jonathan Hankins

• Advertisement

Colohall wrote: »
    Totally agree about the DT situation. Would feel much better if they somehow managed to bring in Jonathan Hankins

Talk of him heading to the lions or at least fitting there system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

7 hours an 10 minutes is a long time to get a win......but still better weather than week 1 last year.

Gase gone rightly or wrongly.....right in my opinion. Who next????... for me i think we need to stop taking chances on first time head coaches and go for experience i.e McCarthy,Allen etc. Strong rumours about both harbaughs being linked. I would be very happy with either. Whats everyone elses opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SupraSonic26

Any Other dolphins fans here? fitzmagic looking good against the jags, the defense was brillaint the really were on top the jags offense, im not looking forward to the hawks game on sunday tho wilson is on fire!

Id hate to be a jets fan right now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Id hate to be a jets fan right now lol

I don't even think you need to qualify that :)

Tua has a tough test sunday against the rams, feel bad for fitzy but be interesting see what tua can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Feel sorry for Fitzy myself. Bit of added pressure now on Tua.

Rams defense was impressive v Bears

• Advertisement

I saw the pre stats for rams, they dont let much up through the air or ground and sacked foles 4 times, hope our o line protects him but this going to be a very tough game for his opener.

Advertisement