Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miami Dolphins Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Very impressed lastnight......not high scoring, but the offense moved the chain well.

They seem to be getting used to the no-huddle, night and day on offense from the first 2 games.

Secondary still a concern, hopefully the pressure up front will help them out with rushed throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Colohall

Still very worried about the Cornerback position. Maxwell looked OK but Lippett got burned. We need Howard to get fit and be solid straight away.

CB is the main concern......Saints just released Cortland Finnegan.....more trouble than he's worth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Same ****, different year. Honestly think were cursed :(

I wouldn't put that in the "same s##t" category to be honest. We pushed them to their limits in easily the toughest stadium to visit in the country

• Advertisement

Charizard wrote: »
    Same ****, different year. Honestly think were cursed :(

In fairness, they had the lead with a minute left....on the road...in one of the most difficult stadiums to play in....against one of the superbowl favorites.

Disappointed that they couldn't finish it off, they really should have won.....but not going to quit on the season because they lost against the Seahawks in Seattle......they were given a 19% chance of winning that game, the lowest probability of any game this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Considering the missed opportunities and that Wilson lost all mobility for the whole second, that should of been a win.

Certainly positives to be taken, but you need to be winning those sort of games if you want to have any shot at the playoffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Colohall wrote: »
    I wouldn't put that in the "same s##t" category to be honest. We pushed them to their limits in easily the toughest stadium to visit in the country
    In fairness, they had the lead with a minute left....on the road...in one of the most difficult stadiums to play in....against one of the superbowl favorites.

Disappointed that they couldn't finish it off, they really should have won.....but not going to quit on the season because they lost against the Seahawks in Seattle......they were given a 19% chance of winning that game, the lowest probability of any game this weekend.
    I know I know, Im just sick of losing games like this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Not a bad time to play the Pats next week

Could be worse.....we could have the Jets' first half of the season. Lost at home to Bengals, now short turnaround to visit the Bills, @Chiefs, host Seahawks, @Steelers, @Cardinals.....could be an 0-6 start for them after throwing away the Bengals game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

How did Tunsil do lads? he is playing Guard right? not Tackle?

No Brady, no Gronk, no Hightower.

If there was ever an opportunity to beat the Pats it's today.

We get the Browns and their 3rd string QB......THE BROWNS.....surely the secondary can handle that...

We get the Browns and their 3rd string QB......THE BROWNS.....surely the secondary can handle that...

Their best WR is now out aswel

Though it's a bad state of affairs when we're relying on injuries on the worst team in football to get wins.

Looking worse and worse each week. Not going to blame Tannehill, o-line was horrid lastnight.....just about every play there were 2 or 3 defensive players breaking through.

Time to blow it up. Beating the Brown's last week will probably work against us.

Defense is a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I actually thought the defence kept you in that game. You defended the run okay, and it was really just a couple of plays from AJ Green that did for you. Conceding 22 on the road to Cincy is actually better than par in my opinion.

Your offensive play was absolutely terrible.

When it only took a 4 man rush to put that kind of pressure on T-Hill you can't expect much out of him. Granted the pick was an atrocious throw.

Until we have a line that can consistently give him a clean pocket and a run game teams have to respect, we'll never progress

I love that our solution to our cornerback issue is to sign a guy who was cut for giving up 300 yards in 1 game.

• Advertisement

All aboard the Jay Train

Running my predictions through the ESPN playoff machine, and it actually has the Dolphins getting in at 9-7 as the 6th seed. I have wins vs 49ers, Jets and Bills, losses to Ravens, Cardinals and Patriots.......Would feel much more comfortable at 10 wins......playoffs or not, 10 wins would be remarkable considering the first 6 weeks of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 peckerdara

Any thoughts on next season? Offseason seems positive. Maybe would have preferred more movement on O-Line but other areas of need dealt with.

Offense could be really, really good this year. T-Hill in 2nd year, returning all key playmakers with a few nice additions if they work out (Thomas).

Is D good enough to keep us in games?

peckerdara wrote: »
    Any thoughts on next season? Offseason seems positive. Maybe would have preferred more movement on O-Line but other areas of need dealt with.

Offense could be really, really good this year. T-Hill in 2nd year, returning all key playmakers with a few nice additions if they work out (Thomas).

Is D good enough to keep us in games?
    Keeping the offensive line healthy is a must, although I do like the look of Asiata. Doesn't matter how good the receivers and Tight Ends are if we have to go back to quick dump offs because Tannehill can't get 3 seconds in the pocket.

Defense could go either way. I love the McMillan pick up, I think wee needed another linebacker with good instincts and quick recognition of the play. Kiko seemed to be doing it on his own at some stages last season.

Someone has to toughen that Tankersley lad up tho, boy don't want to tackle anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 25 peckerdara

Colohall wrote: »
    Keeping the offensive line healthy is a must, although I do like the look of Asiata. Doesn't matter how good the receivers and Tight Ends are if we have to go back to quick dump offs because Tannehill can't get 3 seconds in the pocket.

Defense could go either way. I love the McMillan pick up, I think wee needed another linebacker with good instincts and quick recognition of the play. Kiko seemed to be doing it on his own at some stages last season.

Someone has to toughen that Tankersley lad up tho, boy don't want to tackle anyone

He's in the right programme to toughen up anyway. The word is he uses his athleticism to make up for slower instincts but will get called for loads of PI. However, I read somewhere his best coverage is against TE - which would be a huge help to this D ;-)

Koa Misi to return too so should have 2/3 from 4 at LB. If we were to pick up anyone else I'd go Guard/Back-Up Centre.

Should be a fun year though!

peckerdara wrote: »
    He's in the right programme to toughen up anyway. The word is he uses his athleticism to make up for slower instincts but will get called for loads of PI. However, I read somewhere his best coverage is against TE - which would be a huge help to this D ;-)

Koa Misi to return too so should have 2/3 from 4 at LB. If we were to pick up anyone else I'd go Guard/Back-Up Centre.

Should be a fun year though!

I reckon half the reason Ted Larsen was signed was as a back up Center. But I still think we could do with another decent interior lineman alright.

If Tankersley can cover Tight Ends, that would be huge. I know he panics and gets a bit handsy when he is beaten deep. But Ends shouldn't have the speed to get over the top of him really.

At least we should have a line backing corp that can actually tackle this year anyway

Offensively the Fins will be fine. But I don't think enough was done on the defense to get to the next level. Run defense was awful last season and I think that will be exploited again this coming season.

I'd be surprised to see Miami in the playoffs again next season, but hopefully I'm wrong.

TaosHum wrote: »
    Offensively the Fins will be fine. But I don't think enough was done on the defense to get to the next level. Run defense was awful last season and I think that will be exploited again this coming season.

I'd be surprised to see Miami in the playoffs again next season, but hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm more worried about our pass defense next year. Willie Hayes is a run stopper, Raekwon McMillan and Lawrence Timmons are both downhill thumpers, we have no linebackers that I am comfortable with in coverage. And Nate Allen is a liability until McDonald's suspension is up.

Tight Ends and Running Backs catching out of the backfield could murder us again

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

Can we break the losing streak this weekend. Hope to god we can although im not that confident. What makes me even less confident is the fact Jay Cutler is fit to play(oh dear).

• Advertisement

Expecting a dour enough affair. Considering how bad the Broncos offense has been, I'd fancy Miami's chances.

Advertisement